Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327400 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:31:17 »

Just keeping you on your toes and, you know, it's grim up north.

Thanks for coming!

Grim is also to be found down south in the enigmatic Grim's Ditches or Dykes which knock around in Berks, Oxon, Hants etc

Some think Grim was anoter name for Woden he of the Wansdyke.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:37:10 »

Jerry Yates prefers Arctic Monkeys to the Grimthorpe Colliery Band while Rob Hunt prefers Chas & Dave to Bloc Party.

How many times did Yates say "like I say"?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:49:22 »

I went, great night.  Players and management that attended were on great form and Costanza and Vic "Reeves" compared the night really well.

Biggest gossip of the night, Noel Hunt's hair implants cost £1800 and he is very proud of them, and apparently Steve Mildenhall has still got two bollocks (not sure I believe the second one).

If I had known that Reg was in attendance I would have got photographic evidence (if i knew who I was looking for)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:53:32 »

I went, great night.  Players and management that attended were on great form and Costanza and Vic "Reeves" compared the night really well.

Biggest gossip of the night, Noel Hunt's hair implants cost £1800 and he is very proud of them, and apparently Steve Mildenhall has still got two bollocks (not sure I believe the second one).

If I had known that Reg was in attendance I would have got photographic evidence (if i knew who I was looking for)

Called Vic Morgan 'Reeves' settled me down so I regret nothing!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:56:15 »

Called Vic Morgan 'Reeves' settled me down so I regret nothing!

And so you shouldn't - just need to see you do a live cover of Dizzy with Vic at the next one Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 16:02:24 »

I went last night as well, it was a really good night, me and my son really enjoyed it.

Steven Benda has no idea what the BFG is and Jerry Yates was vegan but isn't anymore as he likes chicken too much which was found out when he was asked what his favourite cheese was.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 16:09:49 »

I went last night as well, it was a really good night, me and my son really enjoyed it.

Steven Benda has no idea what the BFG is and Jerry Yates was vegan but isn't anymore as he likes chicken too much which was found out when he was asked what his favourite cheese was.
He thinks chicken is a type of cheese? Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 16:17:36 »

He thinks chicken is a type of cheese? Smiley

Classic footballer.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 17:35:32 »

His answer was actually, they are not allowed to eat cheese.. 

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 18:44:21 »

Well done, Rich. Was an excellent event.

Can’t believe I was in the same room as Reg.

Funnily enough, i did see Paul P there. Maybe there’s some truth to LL’s claims after all.

Cheesy
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 19:45:20 »

Well done, Rich. Was an excellent event.

Can’t believe I was in the same room as Reg.

Funnily enough, i did see Paul P there. Maybe there’s some truth to LL’s claims after all.

Cheesy

😉
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 20:07:39 »

Yep. I enjoyed it.  Costanza was a bit if a star.  The players and management took the banter in good style.

Reg, was you the elderly chap going round raiding the sweet tubs for handfuls of them with the clearly worn scarf around your neck
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 21:48:32 »

Reg, was you the elderly chap going round raiding the sweet tubs for handfuls of them with the clearly worn scarf around your neck

Nah. Don't eat sweets. That was Big Richard, he wasn't too happy that there wasn't a table for his team, and felt that having paid up the entry fees, his team were entitled to some of the left behind goodies.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 21:51:39 »

Right there was someone else there that wasn't you called big dick? (joke btw)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 20:47:48 »

Just listening to the Sam Burton episode. Very different style-wise for obvious reasons but lovely to hear his memories.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: