Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327633 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 20:45:11 »

Cheers!

We went a bit overkill nearer to the end. The summer quizzes were a bit more fiddly than I wanted and, more importantly, volunteers were not forthcoming.

Ben was one of the few people I approached during the pre-production stage of the podcast who postively agreed to get involved.

I've got to hand it to him, he's trying to get into a tough industry and, Chelsea affiliation aside, I'm more than happy with what he brings to the table.

For the new season, I will try to get people involved that went to games that neither of us went to in order to give a sense of what the fans were experiencing etc.

I think 'would you come backs' only ever provide two results: 'You never know' or 'nah'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 00:28:44 »

I loved the idea of the oosh quizes, but you ended up doing so many news update podcasts that I'm not really sure they were needed. Fucking brilliant stuff, and don't burn out. Seems like you've been doing more pods per week recently than you have during the season!

Also monatise that shit! Must take you enough time and effort each week, you should be getting some cash for it.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 06:53:18 »

Top Work.  Clap

Im halfway through the Austin podcast, will finish it at lunch today. Other posters are right, he does come across really well.

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 07:27:38 »

I can't get over how he can recall certain matches in so much detail

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 08:00:30 »

I loved the idea of the oosh quizes, but you ended up doing so many news update podcasts that I'm not really sure they were needed. Fucking brilliant stuff, and don't burn out. Seems like you've been doing more pods per week recently than you have during the season!

Also monatise that shit! Must take you enough time and effort each week, you should be getting some cash for it.

Cheers, fB.

The plan was to do the quizzes up until around last week but there wasnt any enough interest from people willing to participate.

I went weekly with pre-season episodes instead which statistically went down better than the quizzes (which I was really looking forward to doing and they will come back).

Last weeks bumper content was purely for the new season and the year anniversary of the pod but it certainly took its toll. I've had this week off from doing anything beyond promotion and appreciation which was needed.

The plan is to go twice a week with a round-up episode and a interview of some sort. Ex-players arent queuing to participate, I have to hunt them down!

I'll go back to one if I'm struggling but, to be honest, the round-ups dont take long to prep, record and edit. Two hour interviews though can take double the time (sometimes).

Patreon will be launched very soon. Some similar efforts arent doing anything other than requesting money but I'd like to think of some realistic perks.

Mic stand broke the other day. The moment the second hand laptop or mic goes.... that'll be that for a little while unless I monetise!
« Last Edit: Friday, August 2, 2019, 08:09:52 by Costanza » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 08:28:34 »

How about adding an Arsenal TV type section in the round up section where you get some opinions (and rants) from some of the fans that attend games regularly (as long as it's not fans like CK).

I am connected to Pericard on Linkedin if you want me to make contact?  I also know Ty Belford if you want me to give him a nudge?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 08:36:25 »

Ooooh, like it. Spin off podcast for fan round ups.

Loathed Strangers' strange loathers.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 09:10:39 »

If I had the appropriate recording device, I'd definitely consider it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 09:14:21 »

How about adding an Arsenal TV type section in the round up section where you get some opinions (and rants) from some of the fans that attend games regularly (as long as it's not fans like CK).
Oh God, please no. That Arsenal fan TV thing is absolutely hilarious but not in a way that reflects well on the club or their fans. Isn't the Facebook group off-putting enough for any player potentially considering coming to Swindon?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 09:56:45 »

When listening to these I always picture log fire, padded armchairs, smoking jackets and a couple of brandy snifters in hand.

Regardless of the techy bits involved, that's great credit to Rich in conveying that type of vibe. For me anyway.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:16:37 »

I am not talking about going out on the street after the match, just ask for some volunteers that go regularly to the games and do a Skype chat with them after every game and then clip together the general feedback and rants..  Also offer it out to genuine fans if they have something to get off of their chest.

Just a thought.

I think Rich is sensible enough not to let it turn into a bunch of CK's spouting unsubstantiated shit about the club, and would soon disregard the mongs..

Just ask for some volunteers and see how it goes, if it turns shite then just stop doing it
« Last Edit: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:19:35 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:25:44 »

I am not talking about going out on the street after the match, just ask for some volunteers that go regularly to the games and do a Skype chat with them after every game and then clip together the general feedback and rants..  Also offer it out to genuine fans if they have something to get off of their chest.

Just a thought.

I think Rich is sensible enough not to let it turn into a bunch of CK's spouting unsubstantiated shit about the club, and would soon disregard the mongs..

Just ask for some volunteers and see how it goes, if it turns shite then just stop doing it
Only if we can combine it with Wobby Bob's post and have said fans filmed discussing the game in front of a roaring fire, smoking jackets, brandy, cigars et al
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #507 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:28:06 »

Only if we can combine it with Wobby Bob's post and have said fans filmed discussing the game in front of a roaring fire, smoking jackets, brandy, cigars et al
How about a Wetherspoons pub with a vape and a pint of Carling?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:33:15 »

How about a Wetherspoons pub with a vape and a pint of Carling?
And Fila trackie tops for the smoking jackets
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:36:54 »

I am not talking about going out on the street after the match, just ask for some volunteers that go regularly to the games and do a Skype chat with them after every game and then clip together the general feedback and rants..  Also offer it out to genuine fans if they have something to get off of their chest.

Just a thought.

My intention is to invite fans (especially for away games) to come on the pod for 5 minutes and provide their say.

That'll definitely happen 👍🏻
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: