Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327433 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:52:05 »

I love Swindon T-Shirts Smiley

Your daughter is so cute on the podcast Rich!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 22:21:49 »

Thanks chaps.

Getting Charlie Austin on turned out to be one of the smoothest processes from agreement to recording that I've done!

I've enjoyed recording them all but Phil Smith and the second Ferry episode are the two I've pretty much forgotten that we're also recording.

Got another good name over the line this evening. It's been a good week.
I think this is the best news I've heard all week, superb
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Friday, June 14, 2019, 05:18:19 »

Get you with the A Listers. Great work.

Have you contacted Ossie or Hoddle, out of interest?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Friday, June 14, 2019, 11:06:53 »

Tommy Mooney and Jordan Stewart also ive just seen. Great work Rich
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Friday, June 14, 2019, 11:25:06 »

Just got back from holiday, I took my daughter out in the pushchair for an afternoon snooze each day and listened to these whilst walking down the strip. Fantastic work!!

The Phil Smith one was brilliant and did make me think how my memories of certain players were tainted by one or two mistakes rather than their whole STFC career.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 17:32:34 »

I see Rich is releasing one recorded with Richie Wellens.
Good work!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 17:56:26 »

The Phil Smith one was brilliant. Lovely bloke, and had stories from other clubs, which was good too.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 17:59:51 »

love the podcast and to get Wellen’s is fantastic. The club seems to really have opened up this pre season with this, the open training session, free season tickets to kids in local schools and the social output.

Hope this positivity shines through on the pitch and throughout the season!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 09:11:55 »

Got up and listened to the Wellens one this morning, would love to know who the quick winger was we missed out on.
It was a good listen and does help add to the belief the club is turning a corner. Worrying though that 25% of the budget is being taken up by players that won’t play this year, Surely that can’t just be McGlashan and Toums.
china red

« Reply #459 on: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 16:51:04 »

Great podcast, loved the answer the last question!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #460 on: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 17:03:47 »

Got up and listened to the Wellens one this morning, would love to know who the quick winger was we missed out on.
It was a good listen and does help add to the belief the club is turning a corner. Worrying though that 25% of the budget is being taken up by players that won’t play this year, Surely that can’t just be McGlashan and Toums.

McGlashan, Toums and Anderson, 3 big earners who could possibly take up 25% of the budget.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 14:10:27 »

Just listened to the Wellens episode, quality piece of work as always Costanza. Don't whether it's because of the more long-form format or the fact that you're a fan not a journo so they're not so wary but you always seem to get much better in depth stuff from the interviewees rather than just the same old cliches trotted out on rote, brilliant stuff. Looking forward to hearing your exclusive reveal that Charlie Austin is coming back to spearhead our L2 promotion charge on Thursday. Until his shoulder falls off again.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 15:05:51 »

Thanks Paul and all of those who have said nice things.

Richie was initially quite intimidating, especially for my first face-to-face conversation, but I've got to say he was brilliant throughout. Thorough with his responses and generous with his time.

I travelled from Bristol to Swindon prepped and expecting 15 minutes so was really happy to get 45+ minutes instead (although Ben H was confidant that I'd get more time).

Hopefully it won't be a one-off, hoping current players might get involved in the future but RW's recording only worked as I happened to be on Annual Leave.

It's so much work. I work on LSPOD in some capacity every day so it acts as a real boost when a 'coup' player agrees to take part and the club help with stuff like Wellens. But I stress that I've enjoyed talking to every single guest.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 16:30:09 »

Great stuff as always.

Assuming you approached the club, rather than RW direct, were they happy straight away to authorise the interview?

I suspect had this been a couple of years ago you wouldn’t of had as much luck.  This is another good aspect these days regarding greater openness and fan interaction.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 17:20:07 »

I had asked for a conversation with Wellens when he first arrived and Ben found a window which was great. I've requested Lee Power previously and I'll try Clem Morfuni too. 100% been a new approach in recent months.

A few from within listen to the podcast and I know a few players were listening last season too and as a result, I hope I'll get more current era guests on.

Ultimately, they know I'm around!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: