Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327507 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 13:07:34 »

I'm a little bit behind and just finished the Fede Bessone one which I enjoyed. He wasn't a big fan of PDC was he? Seems he loved playing in England but just didn't have much luck with injuries.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 15:57:34 »

I like Phil Smith's laugh.

Forgot exactly how long he was here, interesting that he bridged the two L2 promotion seasons. Interesting on Hart, Malpas and Prutton in particular, and towards the end some genuinely tough stuff about being unable to play or train without painkillers - think there's a bit more in that, reminded me a bit of some of the stuff you hear about old wrestlers.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 16:23:56 »

Avid listener to the pod.

Just finished the Phil Smith episode.

Really enjoyed it. Quite liked the longer episode.

Always had a soft spot for Phil. Even though he made mistakes, I only remember the charlton semi final second leg and a couple key saves he made.

...he didn’t start that match either.

Inexplicable that he was dropped for the final. Probably cost us, too
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 16:04:01 »

The laugh he gave when Paul Hart was mentioned made me chuckle..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 13:24:38 »

Finally had time to listen to the Phil Smith one on a long(ish) run on the Ridgeway this morning. Great listen and what a lovely bloke. What is he doing now Costanza? He mentioned doing his badges in passing so assume he's looking to do some kind of coaching but is he hoping to stay in the game coaching full time or as a sideline to a regular job? And thank you for keeping doing these podcasts, absolutely brilliant
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 13:28:26 »

I believe Phil works in sales. During the pre-recording chat he mentioned that he wants to do GK coaching but his badges include all the outfield stuff too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 15:25:39 »

I believe Phil works in sales. During the pre-recording chat he mentioned that he wants to do GK coaching but his badges include all the outfield stuff too.
Cheers. I'd buy stuff off him Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 18:52:34 »

I see Rich has done one with Charlie Austin. Good work!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 20:52:34 »

I have to pick and choose as not much time. The Phil Smith one is fantastic. Interesting he got picked up by a Millwall academy in Watford!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:03:10 »

Very happy this is now on Spotify! Have the Phil Smith lined up for tomorrows listening
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:04:21 »

Thanks chaps.

Getting Charlie Austin on turned out to be one of the smoothest processes from agreement to recording that I've done!

I've enjoyed recording them all but Phil Smith and the second Ferry episode are the two I've pretty much forgotten that we're also recording.

Got another good name over the line this evening. It's been a good week.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:06:30 »

Very happy this is now on Spotify! Have the Phil Smith lined up for tomorrows listening

Yeah, sorry about that. Took way too long to arrange and I'm embarrassed with how easy it was too.

The reason I did it is that I've recently moved over to Spotify for podcasts as I no longer have an iphone  Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:11:51 »

Thanks chaps.

Getting Charlie Austin on turned out to be one of the smoothest processes from agreement to recording that I've done!

I've enjoyed recording them all but Phil Smith and the second Ferry episode are the two I've pretty much forgotten that we're also recording.

Got another good name over the line this evening. It's been a good week.

That will be a deffo for me. Any stuff on his time at Thatcham? (local interest for me)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:17:55 »

That will be a deffo for me. Any stuff on his time at Thatcham? (local interest for me)

Alas not, a little bit on Kintbury and Poole - I kind of felt that the non-days are well documented so wanted to focus on Swindon.

It'll come in at just under two hours and it's very much Swindon focused.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:19:39 »

Looking forward to it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: