Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327442 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 06:44:34 »

45. Luke Matthews

Not a 'name' but a thoroughly nice chap with an interesting story (I think so anyway).

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/luke-matthews
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 09:45:27 »

This was a brilliant read Rich, good work.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/reunited-with-colin-calderwood-loathed-stranger/
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 10:23:03 »

Colin is number 2 in my personal STFC pantheon.  My first memory of Colin in a Town shirt, was getting stuffed at Hereford, but Colin scored and jumped on the old skool cage, and rattled it like a demented silverback, in front of the travelling fans.

Thought, he looks to have passion...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #378 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 10:27:39 »

Colin is number 2 in my personal STFC pantheon.  My first memory of Colin in a Town shirt, was getting stuffed at Hereford, but Colin scored and jumped on the old skool cage, and rattled it like a demented silverback, in front of the travelling fans.

Thought, he looks to have passion...
Passion is something lacking in almost every footballer these days, no pride in wearing the shirt any more. Even at bigger clubs like Liverpool or Man U.

Lowe league footballers with passion for playing for a club are a genuine rarity.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 09:23:58 »

Gavin Brown (Metro newspaper) did his Town XI...

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/46-my-xi-with-gavin-brown/s-bo6A7
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 11:15:16 »

Enjoyed the first two thirds of that on my way into work this morning. Like that he took a slightly different spin on it, there's a risk of the series just being people reading out the early 90s playing XI each time so themes are fun to make sure you hear some of the less common names.

Theme STFC XIs is now no doubt going to be my new favourite time wasting activity at work.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 11:21:58 »

Thanks, nemo.

Guests are emailed a template by myself and are asked choose whatever XI they wish. I think one future guest will do a ‘Loans XI’ and also a ‘Hardman XI’ has been suggested. The hope is for some unique anecdote beyond the obvious but much appreciated ‘because they were clearly ace!’

I pretty much made Ben select his best XI because he’s followed Town post-major successes and I thought that would be interesting.

Only real areas I’m reluctant to cover are negative XI’s but that’s not to say I won’t because I can play ‘good cop’.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 17:47:22 »

Thanks, nemo.

Guests are emailed a template by myself and are asked choose whatever XI they wish. I think one future guest will do a ‘Loans XI’ and also a ‘Hardman XI’ has been suggested. The hope is for some unique anecdote beyond the obvious but much appreciated ‘because they were clearly ace!’

I pretty much made Ben select his best XI because he’s followed Town post-major successes and I thought that would be interesting.

Only real areas I’m reluctant to cover are negative XI’s but that’s not to say I won’t because I can play ‘good cop’.

A Hardman XI, would that be players signed or sold while Ray Hardman was chairman? We sold some of our best players during that period and the XI managed by 'Have you got a minute John' Gorman.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 18:05:59 »

A Hardman XI, would that be players signed or sold while Ray Hardman was chairman? We sold some of our best players during that period and the XI managed by 'Have you got a minute John' Gorman.

I hope you enjoyed writing that, Oaksey.

Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 05:35:55 »

47. Fede Bessone

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/47-federico-bessone/s-IHmEN
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 08:31:12 »

Was a very good listen, and he was very open and honest about Paolo.

Basically, (and other players have also confirmed) Paolo was a massive cunt.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 09:06:37 »

Was a very good listen, and he was very open and honest about Paolo.

Basically, (and other players have also confirmed) Paolo was a massive cunt.

It was good that Fede acknowledged that Paolo had a good football brain. But save to say that he did nooooooot like the rest.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 17:41:56 »

Forgot he played for us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 17:44:37 »

Forgot he played for us.
Have to admit I don't remember him at all. Even google didnt really jog my memory, 5 games and one was sub, easily forgotten.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 19:50:56 »

I'm always more likely to talk to the peripheral players but they all have decent stories that most of us don't know about.

I try and get the 'big' names but it's a long negotiation. I've communicated with some for weeks/months, had it prepped, everything agreed and then Skype is the stumbling block. It's a shame but I won't get grumpy at them, it's their call and I respect that.

Within the last hour, and very much out of the blue, I thought I was going to talk to one of my all-time favourite Town players tonight but, alas, it hasn't happened.

This happens quite often but it's one of those things. The behind-the-scenes of the pod (research/prep/negotiation) is often the fun bit!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: