Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327384 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 01:36:47 »

Largely agree there FD. I used to frequent the Sponsors Suite when Nick was around and he'd always have time for a chat. What struck me was that even though it was only about 2hrs, he seemed to get round to everyone and most seemed happy with the time spent. I wouldn't know now, but does/has LP enter(ed) the Sponsors Suite/Robins Suite (or whatever they may call it now) on occasion?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 01:48:56 »

Precisely. Wray was Chairman, not owner. He had a great Chief Exec too, who actually had a public facing role, in Nick Watkins. It was professional and we didn’t feel like a basket case. In the 2 or 3 years he must have been here now, I’ve never heard Steve Anderson (effectively the new Nick Watkins) speak and wouldn’t know him if I walked past him in the street. He’s virtually absent, or simply a form filler at the club. Power now does the job that was previously performed by Black (owner), Wray (chair) and Watkins (chief exec, in that nobody sees or hears of Anderson). That may be because Power doesn’t give him the ability to get in front of fans. But if you listen to Chris Tanner’s interview, and Sam M’s, they both emphasise the importance of positively engaging with the fans. Wray and Watkins were masters at it - and it cost nothing, really, to do that. Power and Anderson do less than the bare minimum, which only adds to the air of suspicion and pessimism that surrounds them. That attitude, of course, isn’t helped by the fact they’ve put together a shite team, but they’d make life a hell of a lot better as a Town fan if they simply gave the club the basic care and attention that it deserves, instead of simply waiting for the next property deal and watching the interest on director loans stack up.

At least Power doesn't try to engage with the fan base with bullshit... we know what we'll get.

I was watching Ipswich v WBA earlier, and Ipswich are in trouble... they sacked Hurst and brought in Lambert. One of his first acts was to invite in fans for a chat about how they might improve the atmosphere... the answer seemed to be clackers.

However they got 20,000 for the game..... Ipswich is a bit smaller than Swindon, but they're losing support, last season they only averaged 16,000.

At least there's no pretence with Power, this is it.... no clackers, but probably non league football.... a difficult choice, what say you TEF?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 05:32:30 »

At least Power doesn't try to engage with the fan base with bullshit... we know what we'll get.

I was watching Ipswich v WBA earlier, and Ipswich are in trouble... they sacked Hurst and brought in Lambert. One of his first acts was to invite in fans for a chat about how they might improve the atmosphere... the answer seemed to be clackers.

However they got 20,000 for the game..... Ipswich is a bit smaller than Swindon, but they're losing support, last season they only averaged 16,000.

At least there's no pretence with Power, this is it.... no clackers, but probably non league football.... a difficult choice, what say you TEF?

Easy. Non league football would be preferable to being confronted by a fucking clacker on the seat.
They look too unwieldy to be converted into paper aeroplanes, but could be used to bombard an opposition corner taker or an over exuberant goal celebration that gets a bit too close to the stands.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 08:02:03 »

Easy. Non league football would be preferable to being confronted by a fucking clacker on the seat.
They look too unwieldy to be converted into paper aeroplanes, but could be used to bombard an opposition corner taker or an over exuberant goal celebration that gets a bit too close to the stands.

I’d take clackers and Championship football, thanks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 10:06:48 »

*bankrupt us again

When were we declared bankrupt?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 21:19:00 »

Listened to the Byrne one earlier, another great podcast. This one I found really interesting, as I didn’t like the man when he was with Swindon and thought I would change my mind listening to this, but actually found myself disliking him more in an odd way.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 21:30:32 »

Listened to the Byrne one earlier, another great podcast. This one I found really interesting, as I didn’t like the man when he was with Swindon and thought I would change my mind listening to this, but actually found myself disliking him more in an odd way.

I couldn’t stand him when he was here.
Listening to his interview didn’t make me like him, as such - but certainly realise he may just have been quite good at his job. Didn’t mind having a dig at Jeremy Newton (not a good coach, but he was good at admin)!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 21:35:04 »

I couldn’t stand him when he was here.
Listening to his interview didn’t make me like him, as such - but certainly realise he may just have been quite good at his job. Didn’t mind having a dig at Jeremy Newton (not a good coach, but he was good at admin)!

He spoke his mind. There was about 5-10 minutes of stuff cut-out (mostly non-Town related) where I couldn't really risk/justify sticking it in.

I just let him/them fly, really. Edit later.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 07:31:33 »

Juan Cobian

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/s01e23-juan-cobian/s-Cq4Yy
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 09:17:16 »

Really good episode. Would have liked to have seen him play more at the time.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 17:53:44 »

Just wondering if Darren Ward could be approached?
Could give a fascinating insight into life under Cooper & Williams and maybe a word or two about Power as well.
Articulate, with an interesting diet and likes cats!

Or a bit too recent for comfort.  Wink

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 18:24:59 »

Just wondering if Darren Ward could be approached?
Could give a fascinating insight into life under Cooper & Williams and maybe a word or two about Power as well.
Articulate, with an interesting diet and likes cats!

Or a bit too recent for comfort.  Wink

I've gone to the club requesting current staff so I don't think 'too recent' is much of an issue to me. It's just that the most willing and easiest to contact seem to be the King era players.

If I get contact details, I'd approach Ward. I don't like requesting in full view because it seems to put extra pressure on them and/or they tend to ignore the message!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 19:23:30 »

I've gone to the club requesting current staff so I don't think 'too recent' is much of an issue to me. It's just that the most willing and easiest to contact seem to be the King era players.

If I get contact details, I'd approach Ward. I don't like requesting in full view because it seems to put extra pressure on them and/or they tend to ignore the message!

Persuading the owner to get involved in a Lee Power unplugged type environment would be the ultimate I guess.  Smiley

In mitigation I am a bit drunk and did think long and hard before pressing the post button. Smiley

Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 01:10:42 »

Finally getting into these. Simon Ferry part 1 at the moment.

All those sound clips give me goosebumps and nothing has made me miss football more!!

As a side note,  the Wembley white kit fiasco was the sponsors. All 3 kits had different sponsors. Players believed the blue third kit to be ‘lucky’ so that’s why we wore it at Charlton. Then the m
sponsors on the white kit kicked up that their sponsor hadn’t appeared on TV.

Obvious solution would have been a limited addition red kit with the white kit sponsors but hey ho.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 07:58:41 »

As a side note,  the Wembley white kit fiasco was the sponsors. All 3 kits had different sponsors. Players believed the blue third kit to be ‘lucky’ so that’s why we wore it at Charlton. Then the m
sponsors on the white kit kicked up that their sponsor hadn’t appeared on TV.

Obvious solution would have been a limited addition red kit with the white kit sponsors but hey ho.

Can you imagine the reaction if Power did that as opposed to Fitton etc....  Suicide
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: