Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327459 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 08:52:00 »

I think time has been a bit harsh on Kingy.

The lows under Kingy were bloody low, Cheltenham away will stick in my memory forever. The highs were bloody great though, personally I really liked the fella. Best eye for talent we have in my lifetime, if he had the same level of tactical nouse he would have had a superb managerial career.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 09:05:24 »

I want to know more about Dean's face to face with Budgie
There is a back drop to it. I had a fucking awful morning as i had come off a motorbike across the magic roundabout and faced death in the face.

I got to work and Dave had said something about fans getting on players back and they need to stop acting moronic. I posted something on the forum like tell that lairy cockney cunt to do one(i was in a mood) That afternoon i got the call to say he wanted me to say it to his face. We met that night in a pub and i walked in and fair play he was sat there waiting at the bar. To break the ice i told him i was looking for a lairy cockney cunt

I have no shame in saying he is one of the most down to earth and honest men i have ever met. Absolutely loves this club and even over the last few years when he has worked at other clubs he would have dropped those jobs to return here in an instant.

Every week he will want to know how we are playing were any of the youth involved etc
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 09:19:43 »

you know when people say 'Cool story' in a sarcastic way?

well cool story, but not in that way. it's genuinly a cool story
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 10:17:22 »

The Budgie podcast is the best one so far, good work..

There maybe a bit of bullshit in there (i think he just got a bit carried away in the moment of enjoying the memories) but at least he sounded brutally honest, and the industrial language just made the behind the scenes stuff more real because I believe that was (roughly) how it was.

I would have him back as backroom staff in a breath, a club like Swindon needs characters like that and he certainly wouldn't take any bullshit, and might just unearth the odd gem.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:01:56 »

Still lives in Swindon too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:16:24 »

I would have him back as backroom staff in a breath, a club like Swindon needs characters like that and he certainly wouldn't take any bullshit, and might just unearth the odd gem.
Me too, he seemed to love it at Swindon and he did unearth a few crackers, I remember me and HerthaB speaking to him at the pre season game at Salisbury when he told us he had unearthed a real gem of a youngster who would be worth a "million quid in a couple of years" (his words) turned out the youngster was a certain Nile Ranger as a 17 year old. He was almost right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 13:15:00 »

Still lives in Swindon too.

Really? I thought he was living down in Cornwall the way the conversation went.  Blimey.  It makes you question why the club don't at least utilise his services as a scout if joining the coaching staff is out of the question.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 13:18:52 »

Really? I thought he was living down in Cornwall the way the conversation went.  Blimey.  It makes you question why the club don't at least utilise his services as a scout if joining the coaching staff is out of the question.
It does make sense, I know hes been scouting for Sheff Weds and Birmingham in recent years, he has a track record of spotting a good player too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 13:40:11 »

Yeah, I was surprised but he definitely told me Swindon.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 10:06:50 »

Rich, I plucked up the courage to listen to Fraser’s this morning. I’m so relieved he came across well, and you haven’t destroyed my childhood idol.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 10:32:18 »

Rich, I plucked up the courage to listen to Fraser’s this morning. I’m so relieved he came across well, and you haven’t destroyed my childhood idol.

He had just finished a long shift at the restaurant (which probably attributes to his forgetfulness early on) but still found time to talk to me.

I mentioned childhood struggles with his name as I called him ‘Frasser Digby’ as a kid but it got lost amongst the technical issues that resulted in the initial first 10 minutes being lost.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 13:45:25 »

His memory wasn't the greatest! But yeah he seemed like a decent bloke.

Yet another good LS listen Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 20:05:31 »

Not being the most tech savvy, is there any way I can save these on to a memory stick as mp3s?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 20:18:17 »

Not being the most tech savvy, is there any way I can save these on to a memory stick as mp3s?

Not 100% on that Donkey but if you get the SoundCloud App then you can listen to them via their integrated player on your phone whilst driving, working, conveniently ignoring the wife etc.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 21:25:06 »

Not 100% on that Donkey but if you get the SoundCloud App then you can listen to them via their integrated player on your phone whilst driving, working, conveniently ignoring the wife etc.

I'll give it a go.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: