Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327609 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 13:10:09 »

The Ranger whisperer Smiley

Ha!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:01:30 »

Jesus. That's a good one.
kaufman

« Reply #197 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 21:38:39 »

There have been some great episodes so far for different reasons, but this is without doubt the most revealing to date. I've said it before but Rich is onto something special with this. An independent Podcast allows the chat to become so much more personable. Bravo sir.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 19, 2018, 21:45:07 by kaufman » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 09:55:27 »

I said it on Twitter, but I feel like Byrne talks himself up a bit tooooooo much. I mean, the youngsters he brought through we all know about but he also claimed responsibility for...

- Sturrock getting the job at Plymouth
- Wilson getting the job here
- Austin, Cox, Ritchie as well as a few others signing for us.

Also the way he spoke about his playing career he was always the best in the team, or the league. Same for when he was a coach really, even in the dressing room "The lads loved my banter" etc etc

He's either the biggest footballing genius the lower leagues has seen or he's a bit of a bullshitter.

(BUT - great listening anyway Rich. These podcasts are superb)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:18:32 »

One question Rich, how have you never gone on tour "behind the scenes" at the CG?!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:55:32 »

One question Rich, how have you never gone on tour "behind the scenes" at the CG?!

Not from Swindon, didn’t go much as a kid (when I’d have loved to have done that sort of stuff) never really had the opportunity to etc etc

Not been behind-the-scenes or on the pitch (the latter is too sacred for my unworthy feet)

I was in my late 20’s when I went into the Legends Lounge for the first time!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 12:10:19 »

Hehe, I'm thinking a mascot package as a podcast thankyou ....

#daveMarshDream
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 13:02:21 »

Hehe, I'm thinking a mascot package as a podcast thankyou ....

#daveMarshDream

Haha. Save your pennies for the Patreon I might start (I’d like to follow TEF in sponsoring a player).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 13:56:29 »

Listened to the Byrne one last night... blimey, that was quite the ride. Best one yet for someone just coming on and giving you a total insight into everything, it didn't feel like he was holding back on anything (in fact, clearly you'd had to censor some of the Malpas/Diamandis bits for sensible if disappointing reasons).

I'm not really sure how I felt about him afterwards to be honest. I found myself alternating between thinking he was a huge bullshitter, a good guy if a bit full of himself and even felt a bit sorry for him towards the end when he was talking about not being able to get a job now (although I laughed that he said it was about "who you know" having spent the previous half an hour talking about getting mates of his jobs).

Really interesting stuff. One day, you'll be able to use the bits on your cutting room floor as decent rewards for Patreons, although may have to wait until after a few people are dead and can't be libelled!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 15:07:40 »

A rather pointless comment for obvious reasons but would have loved to listen to an Andy King podcast.

The more time passes the more I appreciate the job he did here under the circumstances. Just before the ‘everything is on the Internet’ so I guess a lot of the circumstances weren’t public knowledge back in the early 2000s
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 17:09:36 »

A rather pointless comment for obvious reasons but would have loved to listen to an Andy King podcast.

The more time passes the more I appreciate the job he did here under the circumstances. Just before the ‘everything is on the Internet’ so I guess a lot of the circumstances weren’t public knowledge back in the early 2000s

It’s tough as King was so divisive but can’t defend himself (although those who got on with him have).

Kingy outside of needing to stay within the restrictions of ‘media training’ would have been great. 
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 17:41:16 »

I want to know more about Dean's face to face with Budgie

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 18:54:23 »

First one I have listened to properly - I was late for work because of it!  Sad

Really interesting. Thank you  Clap

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 21:22:01 »

I want to know more about Dean's face to face with Budgie
Sounds like it started out more of a toe to toe!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 01:17:14 »

I d0on't know if everybody would agree, but I'd say time has been rather kind to Kingy's reign, even the lows. I feel slightly vindicated for me and my mate's "Why Sack King?" spray job back in the day (probably safe to own up to that now? soapy tit wank) . Sacking a manager who just kept us up seemed wrong at the time.  I was even a little chuffed when he was re-appointed, even if it was a sign of how shit things were behind the scenes.

Not sure I've mentioned it before Rich, one of the things I enjoy is that your watching Swindon pattern seems to mirror my own a bit, especially the 2000's. I think we were at university around the same time, so watching certain games in pubs with people who weren't Swindon fans etc.

Weirdly those first years away from Swindon I probably knew more about the players and their histories and the gossip going on behind the scenes than I ever did when I was a regular 16-18 year old season ticket holder, I think you make up for being away by following as much news and info as you can get. I guess it's around that time that I started posting on here / thisis.

Fantastic stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: