Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not STFC Transfer Rumours version MXMXIIVIIV  (Read 16399 times)
Sir red ken

« on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 16:56:12 »

It would be easy money for LP but I am not certain he would let go of our prized asset so soon.
Yeah, he would. A quick 250k in the bank and another reduction in the wage bill, makes it up to 300k.
We've let better players go for that amount in the past. STFC are know as a selling club who never ask for the true value.
Every player we've let go has a January sale and a fire sale reduction tag attached to them.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 17:02:15 »

I genuinely can’t think of one player Power has sold for under his value.
But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 17:04:49 »

How about Norris? Only got £120,000 for him. 
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 17:06:17 »

How about Norris? Only got £120,000 for him.  
Cheesy
Power is probably the only chairman that hasn’t let players go for pittance.

Cue ‘that’s because he’s lining his own pocket’ comments.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 17:21:48 »

Even got money for a 'keeper that everybody slated!!
Sir red ken

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 19:42:30 »

I genuinely can’t think of one player Power has sold for under his value.
But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan.
Wes fodderingham, Nathan Thompson,Kayden Jackson.Simon Ferry all given away on free's.
Many of the other deals were undisclosed so they could have been excellent or terrible business.
Historically we've always sold players cheaply, Austin and Ritchie to name a few even though that wasn't LP doing.
Flint was certainly under priced.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 19:48:39 »

Wes fodderingham, Nathan Thompson,Kayden Jackson.Simon Ferry all given away on free's.

They weren’t ‘given’ away.
If a player doesn’t want to sign a contract, there is nothing that can be done.
Also, I can’t imagine we would ever have got money for Ferry regardless, and Jackson had a stint in non league so we aren’t the only club that didn’t see anything in him.
Clutching at straws.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 19:51:14 »

...and nobody at the time said Flint was under priced.  Simon Ferry went on to make 99 more appearances after laving Swindon, hardly much there to suggest we could have made serious money on him.  The hero-worshipped PdC bombed out Caddis and we let him go at under market value but that is overlooked?

As Quagmire says you really are clutching at straws.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 19:57:25 by Kinky Tom » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 19:58:22 »

The ‘power’ all lies with the players nowadays. Some clubs, Peterborough being a good example, automatically place their players on the transfer list when they enter their last year of contract.

Owners will get slated if they sell players off early or hang on to them and then go for nothing. It’s one or the other.

I think the only big mistake Power has made in this window is not making sure Preston stayed seeing the problems we are having recruiting a CB. Saying that, Preston may have wanted to go irrespective of wages offered - and he was offered a 3 year deal, tbf.

Clubs at almost every size and level have to sell players. It’s a fine balancing act between getting money and gambling on gaining promotion and getting the player to re-sign. Failure to go up inevitably leads to some good players leaving for nowt.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 20:13:03 »

I was shocked at the price we got for Flint at the time. I’d never have believed anyone if they said we’d get another £700k + on top of that.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 20:29:45 »

I was shocked at the price we got for Flint at the time. I’d never have believed anyone if they said we’d get another £700k + on top of that.

Exactly, it's people re-writing history just so they can use it as so called evidence to have a go at Power.

To be fair you don't need to make shit up to do that, as Power provides enough ammunition with the shit PR from the club a lot of the time.

In fact, making stuff up does the opposite, because you end up questioning everything they say, even when its actually true
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 20:32:06 »

He has his faults, we all know that.
But selling players on the cheap has never been one of them, despite what many of our fans will try make us believe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 20:52:17 »

Interestingly, there is enough evidence coming from the club adimitedly most from PB to suggest that someone maybe more than just one will come in before the loan market closes. It’s obvious that we are short in certain areas and it’s a long slog from now unti January. Brown will have to diligently plough on to get his man.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 22:54:28 »

Many of the other deals were undisclosed so they could have been excellent or terrible business.
Historically we've always sold players cheaply, Austin and Ritchie to name a few even though that wasn't LP doing.

I might be beating around the bush here, but what a load of fucking bollocks that lot is.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 07:12:47 »

If you can go back and find a single post that suggested Jackson was worth a fee, I’ll give you a tenner. I’d be surprised if his departure was even acknowledged. Fair play to him.

If you can find a way of convincing players not to run down contracts and move on a Bosman, such as NT and Foderingham, there will be football chairmen around the world ready to give you more than a tenner.

The income isn’t the issue. It’s he reinvestment of it!
« Last Edit: Monday, August 27, 2018, 07:23:43 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: