Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not STFC Transfer Rumours version MXMXIIVIIV  (Read 16407 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 11:13:22 »

Although seemingly a pedantic point... it isn't.  Whereas in the past there were other voices arouind the table... now there isn't.

Power is the first complete autocrat at STFC and as such cannot be compared to his predecessors. 

What can be compared is to where the new model of ownership has taken us.... some economic stability .... good,  league position... not so good.

You could've come out with some grace there Reg, by admitting "Apologies, I'm wrong." but you didn't. You just diverted back to your usual rhetoric. PV wasn't comparing where we are as a club, he was pointing out that Power IS the Chairman. You said he wasn't. So admit you're wrong on that point.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 11:26:36 »

You could've come out with some grace there Reg, by admitting "Apologies, I'm wrong." but you didn't. You just diverted back to your usual rhetoric. PV wasn't comparing where we are as a club, he was pointing out that Power IS the Chairman. You said he wasn't. So admit you're wrong on that point.

To be a chairman or woman you need to have a Board to chair... it's that simple, we don't.  What we have now is a regime not previously seen at STFC whereby one man, has complete control over decisions.  Previous majority shareholders like SSW and Black, while quite capable of autocracy, either chose to have or history dictated there would be other sizeable shareholders around.

Now you can have an argument about which moidel works better..... but lets not confuse the issue.... Power is the owner, it represents a huge departure from the previous governance of the club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 11:57:37 »

You have Clem involved now, and a non-exec board, plus three people with Chief in their title "running" operations.

The difference is Power is actively involved in decision making, but I wouldn't mind betting there are other parties behind the scenes.

Power's past suggests he does indeed like to call the shots, and that he also doesn't care much for bad press, a bit Trumpian in fact.

Clem's involvement seems to suggest a change has occurred though, that he has realised he cannot do it all with success.

Anyway, far away from being the worst and Red Kens post about players leaving on the cheap is absurd.  The one thing we have done well since Power has had the strings, is sell players for some cash.  Whether it has been invested the way we think is best for the club is another matter, but you can't use a handful of variable talent that left at the end of their contracts as evidence to beat him on selling players for under value, absurd.

If Brown is to be believed, and I think it likely he sprinkles a fair bit of BS into his comments, Power has not denied him a player yet.  More likely is that Brown knows what he is working with, so might well have not bothered with some players on that basis.

Transfers - on current form, early as it is, we'd reach the play off's if sustained over the course of a season.  There are clear and obvious areas we could do with improving, but early evidence, in the form of the data we have to hand, suggests we have enough if managed well to be in and around the mix.  Ideally a centre half and left back would help I think, but if we don't get them I still expect Brown to muster a challenge with what he has at his disposal.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 27, 2018, 12:32:42 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 11:59:27 »

I think thats a pretty accurate summing up Rob.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 12:10:36 »

To be a chairman or woman you need to have a Board to chair... it's that simple, we don't.  What we have now is a regime not previously seen at STFC whereby one man, has complete control over decisions.  Previous majority shareholders like SSW and Black, while quite capable of autocracy, either chose to have or history dictated there would be other sizeable shareholders around.

Now you can have an argument about which moidel works better..... but lets not confuse the issue.... Power is the owner, it represents a huge departure from the previous governance of the club.

Surely he can, and does chair meetings with Clem Morfuni, Steve Anderson, et al?

Also, if memory serves me correctly, Black was incredibly autocratic in his pulling the plug on all funds (ultimately resetting us to the brink of administration). No capable about it, he was. In a strange way, there is probably more stability with Power (a man who knows he has limited funds), yet needs a bit more good advice and funds (hence Morfuni).
« Last Edit: Monday, August 27, 2018, 12:13:24 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 12:15:46 »

Not forgetting that if the joint stadium project happens, the Trust will be in the boardroom.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 12:28:52 »

Not forgetting that if the joint stadium project happens, the Trust will be in the boardroom.

Absolutely....but we don't have a board to chair...remember  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 12:33:16 »

I think the only 'one of own' prospects, in recent times that we regret selling for a low fee is Billy Bodin. c£80k at the time seemed sensible for an ultimately 4 choice striker. However, I remember after his loan at Torquay he hit a wave of form and scored three or four in close succession. He was then sent to Crewe. For me (i'm no manager), that was the key point. He should've kept his place on merit. Returning from a loan and getting back into the squad, and providing goals - that is his job. He did that.

It was no secret that Benson, Connell, De Vita and come to think of it...Kerrouche were ahead of him. Right place, wrong time. No i'm not Paul Bodin but I'm happy he's taken an organic footballing route. Now in the Championship, was on the verge of the play-offs last season, with Preston. Wish him all the best.

Anyway, rumours... Wink

Billy bodin leaving had nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with Di Canio not liking his dad

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 14:38:03 »

Surely he can, and does chair meetings with Clem Morfuni, Steve Anderson, et al?

Presumably Morfuni is based in Australia... his involvement appears to be in the stadium development .... so Power having said previously he's no interest in that side of things, one assumes he's leaving it to the Aussie.

We'll have to wait and see how that pans out....

I'm sure Power talks to Anderson to tell him what to do....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 14:50:11 »

The Trust in the Boardroom, with a return to a more collegiate and community based model would be desirable....but won't be putting too much on ever seeing it happen as long as Power is owner.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 18:53:21 »

Flint was certainly under priced.
When Flint signed his last contract with us it had a release clause on it and a price which if offered made it obligatory to inform the player and he decided he wanted to go!  At least we got a sell-on percentage to come from it, how much was the sell-on for Ritchie?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 19:53:41 »

The Trust in the Boardroom, with a return to a more collegiate and community based model would be desirable....but won't be putting too much on ever seeing it happen as long as Power is owner.

Maybe you’d prefer an oligarch?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 20:13:15 »

Quote from: ronnie21
how much was the sell-on for Ritchie?

good old Jed...

Better than going into administration I suppose (if it was even granted)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 20:25:25 »

Maybe you’d prefer an oligarch?

Well Wiltshire sems to be of interest to Russia.... but I guess Sarum is closer to Bormuff than Swindon, and they've already got one.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 20:40:25 »

Well Wiltshire sems to be of interest to Russia.... but I guess Sarum is closer to Bormuff than Swindon, and they've already got one.

Don’t be coy comrade, use your contacts put the feelers out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: