Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 37097 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 18:08:54 »

The away end was a bit tight, I bet that when they did the safety check on the stand numbers they included the bottom section (where your not allowed to stand). And one door exit is a bit shit.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 18:16:01 »

First view of us today. We were incredibly lucky to go in at 1-1, when we could quite easily have been a few goals down. No point in over analysing, we were just slow, ponderous, weak and unimaginative. Adebayo added a spark. He’s a nuisance. Maybe, hopefully, it was due to Tuesday and chasing a game with 9 men, but if we play like that, we’ll lose more often than not. A very lucky point gained.

And as for FGR - fair play to them. A very different club, which won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. It certainly didn’t feel anything like a game of League football, more a village fete, but the home crowd seemed a good bunch living the dream a few levels above where they’d be (or will ever be) unless it was for Vince. They need a new ground - expected bad parking, but it was so slow getting away afterwards that, living in a Cheltenham, it took me 25 mins longer to get back than it would have done from the County Ground!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 18:22:40 by Frigby Daser » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 18:39:54 »

As for FGR - fair play to them. A very different club, which won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. It certainly didn’t feel anything like a game of League football, more a village fete, but the home crowd seemed a good bunch living the dream a few levels above where they’d be (or will ever be) unless it was for Vince. They need a new ground - expected bad parking, but it was so slow getting away afterwards that, living in a Cheltenham, it took me 25 mins longer to get back than it would have done from the County Ground!
They need to stay where they are, Forest Green is a small place so this is what happens when they are artificially above their level being used as a marketing tool. You can't just uproot a club because you want to tap into the motorway network, which is what that twat of owner of theirs wants to do.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 19:15:38 »

Is it just me or is it fucking vegans and vegetarians getting everywhere now. Pisses me right off. I blame Bennett.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 19:19:23 »

Is it just me or is it fucking vegans and vegetarians getting everywhere now. Pisses me right off. I blame Bennett.
Worst thing about them is they are constantly telling you they are vegan all the time as if it makes them something special. Like we fucking care!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 20:58:27 »

Is it entirely down to the players that we still look so flimsy at the back? Or is it more the general set upon the side?

Are there too many similar players in midfield? We certainly looked more solid in the first half at Crawley with Dave in the side.

I like Smith but so many of his passes, especially the longer ones, fail to reach their intended target. Doughty and Alzate are very similar, technical players. Anderson is a strange one - doesn’t seem to add much at all.

We have the squad to mount a challenge but Brown needs to adjust his starting XI slightly to make us a bit more solid.

We do look very good in the opponent’s half, though. Need a back-up for Adebayo.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 21:22:25 »

Is it entirely down to the players that we still look so flimsy at the back? Or is it more the general set upon the side?

Are there too many similar players in midfield? We certainly looked more solid in the first half at Crawley with Dave in the side.

I like Smith but so many of his passes, especially the longer ones, fail to reach their intended target. Doughty and Alzate are very similar, technical players. Anderson is a strange one - doesn’t seem to add much at all.

We have the squad to mount a challenge but Brown needs to adjust his starting XI slightly to make us a bit more solid.

We do look very good in the opponent’s half, though. Need a back-up for Adebayo.
I've quickly come to the conclusion that we need to play 2 up top, Adebayo could be a good foyle for Richards as he is a real nuisance. It's almost like we've got so many midfielders we are trying to create a system to fit them in rather than playing a formation that works properly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 22:19:53 »

it's definitely Bennett's fault.

there seem to be two types of vegan. Those that ask you consider eating less meat, I did and choose not to.

and those sanctimonious twats that look down at you worse than if you had gang banged their mum and sister at the same time
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 22:54:42 »

Good. More bacon for me   Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 05:42:46 »

They were a very physical side which at stages went over the edge and it bullied our defence in the first 45, however whilst it still looked dodgy, fair play to the defence as they stood up in the second half and gave as good as they got.
We should have had a penalty in the first minute or so as well when Richards had the shirt pulled from this back

I come from a land down-under
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 06:46:13 »

I apologise for nothing

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 08:03:05 »

it's definitely Bennett's fault.

there seem to be two types of vegan. Those that ask you consider eating less meat, I did and choose not to.

and those sanctimonious twats that look down at you worse than if you had gang banged their mum and sister at the same time

We had some biscuits on the side at work the other day. A woman came along and said: "Where did you get these from? They're Vegan friendly and i'm Vegan".

Before i'd even knew her name or who she was I knew she was Vegan.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 08:10:30 »

It’s a fad. People cant be hippies any more, whale saving is now professional and knitting your own yogurt is in decline.

People want to be different. That’s all it is.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 08:33:56 »

Not a great game, draw a fair result.
I was already celebrating when Alzate's effort hit the inside of the post, but they also missed a sitter.

Is looking like a slap head stick insect the template for clueless ref's in L2.
Clear shirt pull missed and it was the linesman who gave the penalty.

Do managers get a suspension if they reach 5 yellows?

Not a bad day out anyway, time in Stroud was good. Decent beer festival going on in The Ale House.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 09:55:45 »

Anybody getting trouble accessing the highlights via the Sky website?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: