Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 36631 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 09:59:15 »

Interesting to read the comments on the FGR forum about the game, they say that it was no way a penalty and that the Town fans influenced the refs decision, looked clear cut at the time to me but haven't seen the replay yet.

They are also saying that their keeper Sanchez looks an amazing talent? I have to admit I thought he was one of the poorest keepers to play against us in ages, flapped at everything and his kicking was woeful, mind you he had little defence in front of him, shame we didn't get more shots on target.

Watching the replay repeatedly, it does look to me like Sanchez gets a hand to the ball first - and that is some theatrical dive from the Swindon player :roll:

What I do NOT understand though is what Sanchez is doing out there

Penalty or not - not IMHO - it’s a poor decision by Sanchez; he doesn’t need to go for that ball and gives the attacker the opportunity to go down.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:01:01 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #226 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:06:03 »

Just watched it on replay, nope the keeper definately took down Anderson before he got his hands to the ball, yes Anderson does like to make a bit of a meal of it but it was a definate penalty.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:43:05 »

Is it entirely down to the players that we still look so flimsy at the back? Or is it more the general set upon the side?

Are there too many similar players in midfield? We certainly looked more solid in the first half at Crawley with Dave in the side.

I like Smith but so many of his passes, especially the longer ones, fail to reach their intended target. Doughty and Alzate are very similar, technical players. Anderson is a strange one - doesn’t seem to add much at all.

We have the squad to mount a challenge but Brown needs to adjust his starting XI slightly to make us a bit more solid.

We do look very good in the opponent’s half, though. Need a back-up for Adebayo.

I would say we are short of having a squad that can mount a challenge atm.... maybe some players can grow to fill the gaps, but it is far from certain.

Franchise should give us a pretty good idea of where we're going.... sort of thing you'd expect from Tisdale.... knows the league so looks to have a very solid outfit, who don't give away goals, undefeated so far.

On the evidence so far you'd expect them to soak up our possession and probably nick one through a mistake.... if we can avoid that, and start to show a bit more pragmatism, it would be a good sign. The knockabout games we've had so far may be good fun, but we now need something a bit more functional.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:43:40 »

Def penalty. Keeper needn’t have made any challenge though, as the ball was going out anyway. He looked a real flapper to me.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #229 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:47:59 »

He looked a real flapper to me.
Glad it wasn't just me thought that.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:53:53 »

Def penalty. Keeper needn’t have made any challenge though, as the ball was going out anyway. He looked a real flapper to me.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 11:01:09 »

Genuine Gif of Sanchez.

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 11:04:55 »

Defense was an improvement on the previous week - Nelson added something certainly - it needed to be as F.G played well and we were fortunate to come away with a draw - disappointing in attack yesterday - looked like we had settled for a point quite early on in the second half. Good luck to FG - small club but represents the principle of being involved.
Early days as the team settles - have to remain optimistic don`t we....??

Bathtime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 11:06:30 »

Genuine Gif of Sanchez.

Cheesy
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 21:21:56 »

We had some biscuits on the side at work the other day. A woman came along and said: "Where did you get these from? They're Vegan friendly and i'm Vegan".

Before i'd even knew her name or who she was I knew she was Vegan.

Maybe she didn't make herself clear enough, what with her being vague Ann and all.
hammondt1

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 08:50:04 »

I appreciate everyone has players they warm to and that they don’t. I thought Iandolo’s cameo was very neat and tidy. He skinned two players along the touchline to win a corner. We barely see our players beat a man, let alone two. Hopefully he gets more game time this season. I think he’s better than Young & Twine. But it is certainly his last shot this year. Injury hasn’t helped him but a very technically gifted player.

Twitter-----@hammondt1
Peter Venkman

« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 09:10:25 »

I appreciate everyone has players they warm to and that they don’t. I thought Iandolo’s cameo was very neat and tidy. He skinned two players along the touchline to win a corner. We barely see our players beat a man, let alone two. Hopefully he gets more game time this season. I think he’s better than Young & Twine. But it is certainly his last shot this year. Injury hasn’t helped him but a very technically gifted player.
Its not about warming to players with Iandolo for me, I appreciate some fans will never warm to Anderson, RobT and Audrey being 2 of those but I thought he has looked a different player this season and I thought he did well on Saturday.

With Iandolo I truly don't think hes ready for the first team, you mention skinning 2 players, I didn't notice that, I saw him fall over the ball and his own feet when trying tricks on a couple of occasions, he also very badly lost the ball at least twice and I didn't see him get any crosses into the box that made it past the first defender.

Each to their own but I just don't see what he adds at the moment, too wasteful with the ball IMO.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 09:12:18 »

It's very frustrating when you see a player who has some talent, but it doesn't quite happpen for them, for whatever reason.

I remember seeing him for the first time (for me) come on at Chesterfield. It was one of those where the sub sort of sneaks on unnoticed, we were 3-0 up at the time, and thinking.... he looks a useful lad, one to watch.  He's now along with Vigs our longest serving player  Shocked

It hasn't quite happened for the lad though..... you do get players like it, having talent isn't enough you have to able to influence the game, which often requires great physicality and fighting spirit, qualities not in everyone's endowment.

Johnny Goddard was another of the type.... it's not inevitable as players can at say around 21/22 develop the necessary physicality, but you'd imagine Ellis will probably be playing Conference football next season.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 12:14:29 »

Landalo did beat two players down the left, near the end of the game.  He seemed a bit all over the shop until the last couple of minutes.

Anderson - I want him to be good, he has talent, he just seems unable to see the bigger picture.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 18:44:59 »

Anderson does some good stuff then generally holds on to the ball too long, or passes it to the opposition.

That's my issue with Anderson.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: