Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 36632 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 00:14:08 »

I really don't know how this game will turn out, but I don't think it will be 0-0. Come on Town!!  Pint
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 00:22:32 »

I really don't know how this game will turn out, but I don't think it will be 0-0. Come on Town!!  Pint

Well they beat us last week and now have home advantage, so that suggests a home win.... however football isn't always sensible maybe we can spring a surprise. 
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 01:38:34 »

annuvva 3-2 win for me
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 01:47:26 »

4-1 win.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 06:32:42 »

Well they beat us last week and now have home advantage, so that suggests a home win.... however football isn't always sensible maybe we can spring a surprise. 

Not like you to hint at a Swindon defeat but totally distance yourself from any prediction...

2-1 Town.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 06:48:44 »

Not like you to hint at a Swindon defeat but totally distance yourself from any prediction...

2-1 Town.
I think that was quite predictable from Reg to be fair Legends. Definitely the most one dimensional poster on here when it comes to the actual STFC aspect of posting. I think it'll be 2-2 again today. Tuesday will have taken it out of some of those lads so a point would be acceptable. I'd be fancying us big time if we'd beaten Crawley on Tuesday. Nothing to really fear from FGR. We hammered them in the first half of that cup game & should have been out of site at h/t. Just think that fatigue will play some part in today's contest.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 06:50:36 »

2-1 Swindon, holding on in the last 10mins after being reduced to 8 men

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 06:51:25 »

Not too optimistic about this one.

Probably because I really want Town to stick it to 'em.  Lurking FGR fan(s) will love reading that latter statement once my fears become reality.

Smug Fuck Off
REDBUCK

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 07:14:06 »

2-1 Town.

Especially as last week we weren't set up to defend away from home until we did in the week with 9 men😂

A scratchy draw for me as I'm attending. - 1-1
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 08:03:56 »

Very confident about today. FGR didn't deserve anything from the game last week and picked our pocket, not through tactics or ability but our own failure to put the game to bed. I didn't go, but Crawley would have been oh so different with 11v11 so I can only see this going one way today. 4 nil town easy victory.  Pint Pint
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 08:19:14 »

Second game for me - first visit to Forest Green - looking forward to it. A win would be good but I predict a 1-1 or some sort of draw...I used to like Mark Cooper as he tried to play attractive football in those heady days before it all went tits up...but I am beginning to like this Brown team - sort out the defense and we just might be on to something...

Bathtime
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 08:30:26 »

Will take a point.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 08:52:17 »

Will take a point.
Fuck that! Resounding pummelling in order. If we put away only half the chances we had last week we’d still score 5.

Lancashire and Taylor scored last year. Same again this - along with Alzate, Adebayo and Doughty.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 09:08:23 »

0-3 win.

McGlashan, Anderson, Richards.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 09:16:07 »

Pre match Cider with Wobbly in The Lord John.
John Russell, last Whig PM and responsible for extending the vote to urban man.
Urban (and rural) woman had to wait a while longer.
Didn't do very well in dealing with the potato famine though.

Speaking of vegetables, we do battle again with our fierce local rivals.
The reason for their kit delivery delay was that Hummel were too busy pissing themselves laughing over adding in the greyed out stars.
Hopefully we can put a small dent into FGR's relentless rise through the divisions today.

At least the defence should have played themselves in on Tuesday.
Same kind of spirit shown today, plus some clear heads and we should do ok.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: