Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town official matchday thread.  (Read 39749 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:28:50 »

Or even better why didn't Richards just boot it out of the ground?
Richards would not have to even be there if we managed that free kick correctly. They were both as bad a decison as the other in my opinion. Just seems Taylor is exempt
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:32:38 »

You'd rather have had 3 or 4 players go forward and try to keep it in the corner or something? 

Had we done that we'd be very sparse at the back when we would have inevitably lost it, we had a shot, only him and Richards up, nearly scored, we had men back. 

From a strategic point of view, for me, it was exactly the right approach in the circumstances.
But we lost it anyway allowing a much quicker break. Let Richards lose it in their half and win a throw in istead
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:41:02 »

Where exactly would Richards have been if we'd 'managed' the free kick correctly?  We simply could not have had more men forward so wouldn't have been able retain possession from it.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:45:09 »

And then if we lose possession and they score you'd be saying we should have just taken the opportunity to shoot.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:48:59 »

If you look at the replay, the ball rebounds to Richards who should have run into the corner to try and win a thrown in/corner/free kick. Instead he loses the ball and we are forced to retreat.

Anyway, its churlish to blame anyone, the 9 men who battled hard last night all deserve credit for their workrate and desire to keep the ball out of the net.

Crawley's first goal however, was absolutely pathetic defending by Lancashire, who had about 3 chances to get the ball out of the box.

Indeed, the Rorke's Drift mentality can help some players out. But i order to mount a credible campaign you need to have a strong defensive mindset as a default position.  PB keeps referring to this... I guess the season may well hinge on if he can find someone to bring defensive stability.... somehow you'd think Mohsni won't be it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:49:18 »

No i wouldn't. If you think shooting in the 96th minute of a game when down to 9 men is the right call then fine but i would rather it was tapped to someone else to run to the corner.

Lot's went wrong between then and the goal and he is not solely to blame i just think it was the wrong choice
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:49:34 »

it never occurred to me at all that Taylor shouldn't shoot. Not for a second.

The mistake was Richards alone. it happens. He's played a fair few minutes in a short space of time after a serious layoff. Fatigue is probably a fair excuse, bit that he used it.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:57:53 »

They could have afforded 3 or 4 players to challenge Richards so he'd never have got to the corner.

Mooney play off semi final in the corner still haunts me, Brighton won the ball and scored, knocking us out on penalties moments later.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  Bottom line is the ball would have found it's way into our box one way or another between the free kick being given and the final whistle.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 11:03:32 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 11:03:38 »

Mooney play off semi final in the corner still haunts me, Brighton won the ball and scored, knocking us out on penalties moments later.

We should have gone for a third in that game, Brighton were there for the taking

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 11:07:50 »

I remember a 9 v 10 game v Plymuff at the CG in Ossie's good season... we were 1-0 to the good at the time.  Ossie took off Duncan Shearer, and so played with no forwards, we then scored 2 goals.... Phil King from full back and Paul Bodin, both made runs from deep into the empty spaces. A masterclass.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 12:31:25 »

Not sure why Taylor was shooting anyway. He seems to have avoided the blame
Shrivvy is Kinky Tom's "stone island, mouth breather" who was abusing Taylor after the game and I claim my Five pounds
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 13:13:41 »

Shrivvy is Kinky Tom's "stone island, mouth breather" who was abusing Taylor after the game and I claim my Five pounds
Just pay your sponsorship money and stop being a shit troll
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 13:33:12 »

Enough of the what ifs, there were loads of positives from last night.

El Sid looks like he’ll do just fine as a CB, Vigs is still top class, Knoyle is getting better with each game, Taylor seems to be improving after 3 poor games.

Chuck in Doughty, Alzate and Adebayo and there’s the makings of a decent side.

The last 2 games have shown a real good spirit in the club.

A drab, uneventful 1-0 win on Saturday, please.
Panda Paws

« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 13:39:12 »

Enough of the what ifs, there were loads of positives from last night.

El Sid looks like he’ll do just fine as a CB, Vigs is still top class, Knoyle is getting better with each game, Taylor seems to be improving after 3 poor games.

Chuck in Doughty, Alzate and Adebayo and there’s the makings of a decent side.

The last 2 games have shown a real good spirit in the club.

A drab, uneventful 1-0 win on Saturday, please.

Yep tons of positives for sure. I thought Dave had a really good first half too. His passing after winning the ball always seemed positive and decisive.

Best I've seen Vigs play for a very very long time. No outstanding saves... just solid goalkeeping. Kicked well, claimed cross after cross, made the saves he had to make.
Flashheart

« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 13:46:44 »

We were good up until certain players decided to fuck it up. To be so disappointed with an away point speak volumes. Plenty of positives to take from it, plenty.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: