Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town official matchday thread.  (Read 39901 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:18:41 »

My biggest issue is if ours are reds, which they probably were, then why did one of theirs only get a yellow in the 1st half for a very similar challenge?

Was very tense in there, would have been amazing to walk away from there with 3 points.

Big question mark over their ticketing policy, why should home and away fans all have to scramble into a poorly equipped ticket office to buy tickets?  Travelled for over 3.5 hours to to arrive with 10 minutes to spare and not get in until 6 or 7 minutes after kick off, they must know it's a bitch of a place to get to for a midweek evening game so why can't away fans pay on the gate, or at least have some ricketty old shed just for away fans?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:20:03 »

Doh
Actually, I can take something else from it - Vigs looked good and also seemed ok under the bombardment when it was in his vicinity.  Last year he looked very worrying under crosses.

Easy, the oracle thinks he’s not good enough you know.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:22:19 »

That was Luke Williams......
Apologies,  you are correct,   just so pissed off can't get my brain functioning properly.
Well done to the 9 that lasted the 100 minutes,  showed real grit, showing some real battling qualities this season,  We owe FGR one (or two) so let's hope we can fight as well on Saturday,  still optimistic for the season, play offs at least.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:23:36 »

Absolutely agree with your comments on psychology as my feelings were the same. I relaxed when they when down to 10 men and then came the sucker punch.

We're a long way off being able to relax with this side..... in the cold light of day, you'd have to say being 2 up at half time and given the experience in the 11, then a decent side would see it out without alarm.

Opposition sides will note the defensive frailty and think they've a chance..... we've already conceded the most goals in Div 4, that needs to stop soon.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:26:27 »

This tonight was a real lionheart performance from the 9 players and can't fault them. Stupid late challenge by Richards but I think it was a desperation challenge after giving the ball away.

If you think going from 2-0 up to a draw was hard for us I'd imagine those 9 players are feeling it too.

I hope we win Saturday. We owe FGR as we played much better than them but no end product

I hope we win Saturday. We owe FGR as we played much better than them but no end product

Only in the first half. We should have been out of sight. In the second we were as bad as they were in the first.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:56:39 »

As others have said, I’d have snapped your hand off for a point on 54 minutes. Half time we were cruising. Dunne scored after blocking the keeper’s clearance after a poor backpass and then a good finish by Anderson. The best move of the match from us was saved but 3-0 wouldn’t have flattered us.

Second half a bomb scare. Dave’s red, to me looked harsh, just a clumsy late challenge, and then DunneManlooked hard but he seemed to get the ball. People on here seem to think both were Red cards and so have to take their word for it. Annoyingly Crawley’s best players were their wingers, 10 and 15 and they pumped in dangerous cross after dangerous cross. Vigs and the defence somehow repelled everything and somehow we made it to 90 minutes still ahead.

96th minute we broke, Alzate was put through, Crawley’s defender pulled him down, red card! From the free kick Matty Taylor smacked the underside of the bar. Sadly that wasn’t the end of the drama as Richards lost the ball and committed a foul in the box, silly challenge and a definite penalty. Dispatched down the middle of the goal.

You have to applaud the 9 players that battled so so hard and didn’t deserve the ending. Nelson, Vigs and Taylor particularly gutted at the end. Nelson looks just the player we need, hard, brave and determined.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 22:34:14 »

Forgot Dunne was suspended for the 1st 3 games this season, so that's going to be 6 of the first 8 competitive games he's suspended for this season. What a piss take, especially as same ref sent him off last season as well.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 22:35:54 »

Well all in all however you look at it we have 7 from 12 or put another way P4 W2 D1 L1 GF9 GA10 PTS7 and at the end of the season these results will just be viewed on the stats at 90mins rather the the game itself. Look up the A420 and see the shit they’re already in, kind of a nice warm feeling ain’t it?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 08:00:28 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 22:51:12 »

Fuck me, when you check the score at 96 minutes and it’s 10 v 9 you’d expect a team to be able to hold out.

Annoying no doubt but we’ve had red cards and penalties go on our favour thus far. Good job we got so many midfielders
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 22:55:14 »

Fuck me, when you check the score at 96 minutes and it’s 10 v 9 you’d expect a team to be able to hold out.

Annoying no doubt but we’ve had red cards and penalties go on our favour thus far. Good job we got so many midfielders

Ah, but this is Swindon, we never do what’s expected.  You should know that 😊
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 23:01:26 »

Haven't read back.

At 2:1 with 9 me, I feared the worst...

I know we got close to a win but it's a miracle we got anything!

Saw the reds...both looked like lunges.

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 23:26:11 »

Hopefully Brown will let his immediate frustration subside over night, deal with the discipline and remind them how well they played for 60 minutes and then how hard they worked for those that remained.

There was enough tonight to show the right personnel changes and we will challenge.

A few weeks ago we were worried if we'd be a bit toothless and we hadn't fixed the defence.  4 league games later we find ourselves top goalscorers in the division so we can probably put that one to one side for the moment.  We have also conceded the joint most - area of priority confirmed.  It's more than defenders, the discipline tonight is another factor.  That side can be sorted out, the personnel side we hope gets sorted this week.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 23:34:10 »

Why was that Nelsons first league game? Immense tonight. As said plenty of promise, and also way more entertaining than last years dross!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 23:48:19 »

Not long got back. Not enough cones on the M25, M4 & the A419.
Anyway, a magnificent effort, by the team that is, not the cone putter outers.

Would have taken a point beforehand and a point is what we got.
 Sad

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 06:41:10 »

First game for about 18 months for me (for one reason and another)

First half showed we've got a couple of players who should surely mean we are in most games in this division. Dave and Doughty in particular.

Second half, fine we shouldn't have let ourselves get in that position. And the defensive/disciplinary brainfarts clearly need addressing.

But the way the 9 battled to hold on and worked their socks off for each other for 40 mins was encouraging and - if not a one off - makes it looks like this side has a bit of the bottle you need to get through tough scrappy games in div4.

The way some of them were pounding the turf, and Nelson (a loanee) was almost literally pulling his hair out after the whistle was something I don't think we'd have seen from certain groups of players over the last few years.

Sent from my Moto G (5)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: