Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town official matchday thread.  (Read 39916 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 08:43:32 »

Can't say I enjoyed the game after the first 45 mins, we showed little, understably after the sendings off, the 2nd half was the longest I have ever endured and really thought we could hold out.

Nelson was my MoM but all the 9 that took the battering deserved credit, silly foul by Richards cost us a game in which I couldn't see Crawley scoring as Vigs had his best game in years.

The players did look distraught at the end, all credit to them and such a shame we couldn't hold out against a very poor Crawley side that didn't create much or really trouble us too much.

Still an away point, it could have been much worse after the 2 stupid sendings off for terrible tackles.

Oh and it did look like Taylors shot crossed the line at the time, haven't seen it again yet though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 08:49:04 »

I've seen both of our reds and I can't really have any complaints. Have a look at Dave's reaction time for his red. The Crawley player loses control of the ball and Dave takes ages to react and eventually gets there too late. There was some glimpses of him in the first half, but he still seems to be like an old Morris 11 in the shed and is taking a while to get going.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 08:50:38 »

Oh and it did look like Taylors shot crossed the line at the time, haven't seen it again yet though.

I was right alongside it and it didn't, sadly.

There was a bit of an altercation at the final whistle between Taylor and one of our fans. Not sure what was said but he was probably a twat and none of the 9 left on the pitch deserve anything but praise (maybe not Richards  Grin).
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:00:34 »

I was right in line too, not in, such a shame the foul wasn't a yard or so further on, a pen surely would have sealed it.

No idea what the stone island, mouth breather had issue with Taylor for, nearly wins the game then gets abuse, definitely a twat.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:05:09 »

I was right in line too, not in, such a shame the foul wasn't a yard or so further on, a pen surely would have sealed it.

No idea what the stone island, mouth breather had issue with Taylor for, nearly wins the game then gets abuse, definitely a twat.

We have some right numpty fans. I went for a piss and when I was exiting, some guy was going in. Something was happening on the pitch and he craned his neck and said 'what's going on 'ere then' and stood with his arm on the frame of the door blocking my way out. I tried to duck under his arm to get back to watch the game and knocked it out of the way. Of course this meant I had to endure some sarcastic abuse from him. (not sure what was said exactly as I was trying to focus on the game)

I was roughly in line with Taylor's free kick and I agree, sadly it didn't cross the line.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
adje

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:17:24 »

Well my first game of the season and didn't enjoy it.Though it was good to see some passion on the pitch(and I don't mean Diagouraga and dunne).Have to say Kyle Knoyle was outstanding
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:23:23 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:20:53 »

Can't say I enjoyed the game after the first 45 mins, we showed little, understably after the sendings off, the 2nd half was the longest I have ever endured and really thought we could hold out.

Nelson was my MoM but all the 9 that took the battering deserved credit, silly foul by Richards cost us a game in which I couldn't see Crawley scoring as Vigs had his best game in years.

The players did look distraught at the end, all credit to them and such a shame we couldn't hold out against a very poor Crawley side that didn't create much or really trouble us too much.

Still an away point, it could have been much worse after the 2 stupid sendings off for terrible tackles.

I was level with it and swore at the time it was In
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:22:38 by adje » Logged

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:38:30 »

Funny thing was they scored 2 in 2 minutes with a man advantage and none in 40 minutes with a two man advantage.  

A point is more than Tranmere managed.  Massive credit to the 9.  Some heroic performances.  Would single out Knoyle and Nelson as being able to take something out of the experience.  Great team spirit.

Before we hang Dunne, Richrads and Diagouraga it may be worth recalling we are in League 2.  Look at our gift wrapped first goal.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:41:16 by RedRag » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:48:29 »

Not sure why Taylor was shooting anyway. He seems to have avoided the blame
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:56:05 »

By way of early season games as indicators.... we've never conceded 10 in the first 4 games in Div 4 and you'll need to go back to 93/94 to find more.... 14 in the Prem.   We ended up conceding 100  Smiley

I still occasionally wake up in ther middle of the night remembering Chris Fairclough's 90th minute 5th for Leeds.... FFS 99 is so much better than 100, couldn't you have held on for another couple of mins...

00/01 comes close on 9 in Div 3.... T*dd's ill assortment of cast-offs.

Scoring 9 has been done twice, in the post Prem time frame, but never in Div 4.... in 03/04 the Mooney season, it portended a good campaign.... and bizarrely 15/16, Nathan Byrne on fire and so flogged, it fell apart rapidly and Cooper was sacked.....  so all in all it's too early to mean owt.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:57:54 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 09:56:36 »

You'd rather have had 3 or 4 players go forward and try to keep it in the corner or something? 

Had we done that we'd be very sparse at the back when we would have inevitably lost it, we had a shot, only him and Richards up, nearly scored, we had men back. 

From a strategic point of view, for me, it was exactly the right approach in the circumstances.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:00:35 »

You'd rather have had 3 or 4 players go forward and try to keep it in the corner or something? 

Had we done that we'd be very sparse at the back when we would have inevitably lost it, we had a shot, only him and Richards up, nearly scored, we had men back. 

From a strategic point of view, for me, it was exactly the right approach in the circumstances.

Should have gone for the 70 yard back pass to Vigs, who could have picked it up for a free kick a yard out,...everybody back on the line.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:11:06 »

Or even better why didn't Richards just boot it out of the ground?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:15:52 »

I just remember the Lids fans chanting "100 goals t'season"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:23:36 »

If you look at the replay, the ball rebounds to Richards who should have run into the corner to try and win a thrown in/corner/free kick. Instead he loses the ball and we are forced to retreat.

Anyway, its churlish to blame anyone, the 9 men who battled hard last night all deserve credit for their workrate and desire to keep the ball out of the net.

Crawley's first goal however, was absolutely pathetic defending by Lancashire, who had about 3 chances to get the ball out of the box.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: