Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town official matchday thread.  (Read 40412 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 20:58:55 »

Brown sounds understandably down.

And pissed off with Dunne.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:00:26 »

Brown sounds understandably down.

And pissed off with Dunne.

That's putting it mildly....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:02:42 »

Bit gutting we couldn't hold on but point is good under the circumstances I guess.

Stupid, stupid challenges from the 2 boys for the red. Especially Dunne. This season is way more entertaining than last season, at least...

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:03:23 »

I can understand Dunne, already in defensive mode, trying to win the ball, natural reaction. I could also see Richards cogs turning thinking keep the ball for 30 seconds that's it, If I boot it they might get another chance. Unfortunately he messed the pass up. Anyway we like to be entertained, and it was certainly that.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:04:40 »

And i would be far more worried if I was a Crawley fan, they were pretty shit really, against 9.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:05:14 »

Fucking knew we'd concede as soon as I saw that Crawley had been reduced to 10. Probably sounds like a stupid thing to say but I reckon that was the worst thing that could have happened to us. Players probably subconsciously relaxed a bit, thinking they were that little bit closer to the win. Would have been better to carry on playing against 11 imo. Absolutely gutted with the way it ended but big credit to the 9. Was it definitely a pen at the end & were either of our reds fouls that needed to be made?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Panda Paws

« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:06:42 »

Just scrambled for the 959 to Victoria. Extraordinary game. First half they started well but quite quickly we were piecing together our best half of football so far. Dave was excellent, not only destructive but then passing forward with intent. Nelson put himself on everything, sometimes unsuccessfully but always willingly. Knoyle really grew into it. We weren't comfortable entirely but were impressive.

Then bang! Two reds. Both fair on reflection. Then absolute heroics. No faulting any of the remaining 9. Genuinely thought we were going to do it but it wasn't to be. Richards was fouled, didn't get the decision, chased back and gave away a silly pen. No complaints.

Would have taken a point at 55' but the fans and the 9 deserved more.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:08:23 »

Brown furious. said players may need to go out re bringing new players in. Dunne's tackle he described as two footed and he was, imo, rightly furious.  Dave he gave some latitude too as coming back to fitness which was fair.  Dave a bit unlucky imo and a reactive tackle to a quicker than expected "bounce".  

Brown asking Andrew Hawes if Andrew was content with tonight's performance had Andrew tensely scrabbling for a response Smiley
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:11:29 by RedRag » Logged
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:09:09 »

The 9 showed real character. Vigs was immense. Decent point on the road. Anderson scored. We dug in to defend. All positives
This tonight was a real lionheart performance from the 9 players and can't fault them. Stupid late challenge by Richards but I think it was a desperation challenge after giving the ball away.

If you think going from 2-0 up to a draw was hard for us I'd imagine those 9 players are feeling it too.

I hope we win Saturday. We owe FGR as we played much better than them but no end product
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:09:32 »

Fucking knew we'd concede as soon as I saw that Crawley had been reduced to 10. Probably sounds like a stupid thing to say but I reckon that was the worst thing that could have happened to us. Players probably subconsciously relaxed a bit, thinking they were that little bit closer to the win. Would have been better to carry on playing against 11 imo. Absolutely gutted with the way it ended but big credit to the 9. Was it definitely a pen at the end & were either of our reds fouls that needed to be made?

Absolutely agree with your comments on psychology as my feelings were the same. I relaxed when they when down to 10 men and then came the sucker punch.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:09:44 »

2 points lost but one gained.
Remember flipflop said 3 draws equal one win.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:10:49 »

I thought they showed a bit of character tonight.

Disappointing to concede in the end,but I would've taken a point before kick off.
And piss stains lost again
Way on and upwards
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:14:47 by Sir Cliff Pipehard » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:11:25 »

Remember Flitcroft said 3 draws equal one win.

That was Williams
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:11:46 »

Remember Flitcroft said 3 draws equal one win.

That was Luke Williams......
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:16:41 »

Anyone fancy one of Audrey's teacakes?  Smiley
With or without a creamy topping? I’ll pass though as you know i’m WW with Mrs LL and I doubt they are wholemeal.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: