Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34585 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 20:19:32 »

Speaking of attendances, I looked up a Home game yesterday vs Huddersfield in March 2008 (to see if my memory was correct about us winning with 9 men - it was) and saw we had less than 5k at that game. By my reckoning probably the last Home league game to be sub 5k. Shows the step change brought in by fittons (failed) season ticket offer. Sadly that does look to be waning now on the face of it

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 20:21:41 »

I went to that Huddersfield game.

Champions League night.

It was cold.

McNamee looked like a world beater... vs. Frank Sinclair.

The referee was nuts (yet the two red cards were correct)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 21:30:26 »

I went to that Huddersfield game.

Champions League night.

It was cold.

McNamee looked like a world beater... vs. Frank Sinclair.

The referee was nuts (yet the two red cards were correct)
I remember that night. Easton got 2 & we brought Moses Ashkodi off the bench who proceeded to strut around as if we were 5 up playing against 9. We were 2 men down & clinging onto a 3-2 lead if my memory serves me correct at the time.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, August 23, 2018, 06:48:04 »

This was when Stabby Ashikodi got subbed 15 mins after coming on wasnt it.

Billy Paynter also made a worldy of a save and got sent off
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, August 23, 2018, 07:59:41 »

It's odd when you consider the fans reaction after the play off semi final game, but the programme that night did include a whole section moaning about the floodlight game! - if my memory is not playing tricks on me.

In the Merlin on Saturday they were still whining away about the floodlight failure.  In their place I would have been much more angry about the playoff game at the end of the season where the bizarre disallowance of John Alderton's perfectly good goal was arguably the turning point of the whole two legs.

It's a long time ago but my recollection of their programme for that 92/93 second leg was that they were primarily moaning that they had been the potential beneficiary (along with Sunderland of course) of our two division demotion in 89/90.  I think they lost the Div 3 playoff and hence would be the next team to go up when we went down to Div 3.  They were therefore 'cheated' of their 'rightful place' in Div 2 when the punishment was reduced to a single division drop.  A classic example of totally unjustified whinging scouser victim mentality.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, August 23, 2018, 08:12:41 »

In their place I would have been much more angry about the playoff game at the end of the season where the bizarre disallowance of John Alderton's perfectly good goal was arguably the turning point of the whole two legs.

I always thought Alderton was at his best as Mr Hedges in Please Sir!

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 15:48:29 »

In the Merlin on Saturday they were still whining away about the floodlight failure.  In their place I would have been much more angry about the playoff game at the end of the season where the bizarre disallowance of John Alderton's perfectly good goal was arguably the turning point of the whole two legs.

A very clear shove in the back from the Scummer.  Rightly disallowed. (ahem!).

They were pure class up at Prenton Park at the end of the second leg.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 16:10:32 »

One of my fav away games. Good few ales in The Clipper beforehand and a curry somewhere I can’t remember afterwards.

Quality day.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: