Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34391 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 15:20:50 »

What is this obsession with the attendance.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:02:50 »

What is this obsession with the attendance.

I almost posted something about this before but thought I would be shot down. Some people appear to be obsessed with attendances, fans of statistics I guess.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:25:19 »

I almost posted something about this before but thought I would be shot down. Some people appear to be obsessed with attendances, fans of statistics I guess.
I don’t even think that’s the reason, I think they just want to use it as a way of having a go at Power.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:30:59 »

I don’t even think that’s the reason, I think they just want to use it as a way of having a go at Power.

Yeah that as well!  Roll Eyes

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:33:58 »

Well I'll happily shoot you both down. 

I've never known an attendance not to be released and I demand to know. I don't want to use it against anyone, and I can cope if it's poor, but if clubs stop releasing attendances, what will they start hiding next for heaven's sake? Will swindon-town-fc.co.uk be forced to leave blanks in their records? Will average attendance statistics stop being available? It's the start of the end, I tell you.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:58:57 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:39:49 »

I always look at attendances not only of us, but of teams in the rest of the FL.  You can spot patterns and trends.... who's doing well, who's gone pop etc. Further the state of the game itself, below the Prem.

With us it's usually the case that you get a bit of enthusiasm at the first game if at home.... then attendances drop off when it turns to shit.  PaulD thinks it's because of holidays.... I'm not so sure and no real easy way of knowing.

This season we have an exciting start then 3 defeats in all comps, and it looked like the crowd was well down on the opener.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:42:16 »

According to the Tranmere program it was around 6100.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:44:47 »

I a not sure people will be able to cope if they list as "around" a number, would seem a bit like guesswork instead of a formal headcount.

They are meaningless these days with everyone counting season ticket sales regardless of showing up or not.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:50:05 »

Pretty much this. I made the mistake of going on the Facebook group, they just jump on anything to bash Power, you can't reason with them and if you ask them to justify themselves you just get abuse. Unfortunately sums up a section of our fanbase even at games unfortunately.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:50:14 »

Under FA rules, home clubs must publish the ‘official attendance’, which includes everyone who bought a ticket whether they went to the game or not.

But, for safety purposes, Police keeps its own record of the actual number of people who pass through the turnstiles.

It is strange, though. Last season we had, I think, 7800 first home game against Exeter, then dropped dramatically for the 2nd. Exactly the same this season. About a 1500 drop in a matter of 2 weeks.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 17:05:50 »

You do know about the GWR connection and statistics/numbers Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 17:59:17 »

According to the Tranmere program it was around 6100.
Attendance 6106 Away fans 541

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 18:02:42 »

Having missed this game due to being in Holland/Germany at the time I have just had a read of their forum, my word they are a bitter bunch still about the floodlights going off in 93.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 18:54:08 »

I have been keeping track of them for a number of years.

I find it interesting to see where we sit in relation to other teams in our league and how the number of home fans fluctuates from season to season.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 19:50:55 »

Having missed this game due to being in Holland/Germany at the time I have just had a read of their forum, my word they are a bitter bunch still about the floodlights going off in 93.

It's odd when you consider the fans reaction after the play off semi final game, but the programme that night did include a whole section moaning about the floodlight game! - if my memory is not playing tricks on me.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: