Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34400 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:43:14 »

Just seen the goals, think the second was worse than the fist for Romanski to be honest.

Oh dear.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:44:12 »

The manager isn’t good enough. Never has been. Never will.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:45:30 »

Just seen the goals, think the second was worse than the fist for Romanski to be honest.

Oh dear.
He should be nowhere near the team, Brown needs to sort this centre back recruitment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:48:05 »

He should be nowhere near the team, Brown needs to sort this centre back recruitment.

You can't rush these things. He's only had 3 months.
REDBUCK

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:49:31 »

Which one
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:50:07 »

Why has this centre half recruitment not been sorted?

If so many really have turned us down ask yourselves why.

You can’t blame Brown- it’s time the owner stopped hiding behind managers and accepted the blame.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:51:24 »

Well half time. Could quite easily still win this if we show some composure but would paper over the cracks. Defensively I don't remember a worst back line, Romanski needs removing for his own protection and Lancashire needs to retire. Going forward it's very confused and always seems to be the wrong ball at the wrong time.
One ray of hope is that Tranmere seem to be carrying a lot of weight so could tire.
Sir red ken

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:51:55 »

Whilst he's going to struggle with little or no money to spend. His record at STFC is very poor.
He's been worse than Flip flop and that's saying something. Reminds me of DW had a good spell as a manager once but its over now.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:52:27 »

Their number 5 is a stout chap

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:52:38 »

Why has this centre half recruitment not been sorted?

If so many really have turned us down ask yourselves why.

You can’t blame Brown- it’s time the owner stopped hiding behind managers and accepted the blame.
Depends who Brown has gone for, Southend fans said Brown is obsessed with signing midfielders.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:52:45 »

The two centre backs are playing as individuals, with a left back who looks punch drunk when defending.

Trying to be too incisive in midfield, need to keep it a bit more simple and pick the pace-up instead.  Anderson is a fucking idiot, in footballing terms, no sense that he is learning.

McGlashan needs to wise-up 2nd half otherwise he will get himself sent off.  He's looked a threat though.

I get why we made the sub, not sure on the player though.  Might have been better to drop him deep and take off one of the back two.

Smith is a nearly player - he tries maybe too many wonder balls, if he could just settle a bit I think he'd be a good player.

Not the best performance on the ball, maybe this time we will be better in the 2nd half - Tranmere look lost in the central midfield area, giving us too much time (which we are wasting) but look a real threat still with our dodgy defence.  Reckon we will go on to get a draw at least though.

Need to sort this defensive gap out though, you can't carry on giving teams goals like we are - nobody looks like they know how to play as a unit.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:58:03 by RobertT » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:53:02 »

Ugh. Football.

Yet somehow Town have been given an opportunity to get back in to this...

Wacko
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:54:59 »

You can see it that way, or just as our defenders are making mistakes, so did their player.  Stupid challenge - it is up to us to take the chance.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:56:37 »

I get why we made the sub, not sure on the player though.  Might have been better to drop him deep and take off one of the back two.
He couldn't possibly be worst than the 2 we have there and at least has a presence.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 14:57:19 »

Do I console myself by knowing that HMHB will be happy?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: