Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34574 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 08:58:06 »

That was great entertainment yesterday.
Always good fun to win from 2 goals down, not so much to be on the receiving end.

Much better from Taylor.
He's like a vintage motor that has been left in the garage over the summer and takes a while to get going again, but still a decent runner.
He did very well against the pacy winger that they brought on.

McGlashan persevered against a difficult opponent.
There looks to be a good understanding between him and Knoyle.
I liked their no 6, although the pantomime villain, big, strong and quick and not bad going forward.

A game like that should do Romanski a lot of good in his development if he can learn from the mistake(s).

I like Smith as well. He did spray it about to no one in particular a fair bit but it was always positive.
Maybe needs to settle down a bit and just play it quick and simple.

Tranmere should be ok this season. Look like a top half team.
Their cocky keeper might think twice in future before getting involved with the home end.

Too early to predict where this team are going to end up.
We could still be waiting for the first point after three games under slightly different circumstances.
Good teams can do the play badly and still win thing, but they also seem to benefit from a more than average share of good fortune....

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:07:06 »

536 Tranmere fans at the CG. Why have we stopped giving out attendances? Infuriating.

Do we know what the total attendance was?
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:26:44 »

Until the red card I thought we were at sixes and sevens. Romanski made a mistake for the first and then more weak defending from a long kick left Tranmere two up and us facing a huge battle. Thankfully their lad decided to make a stupid challenge and we had a lifeline. We scored a good goal after good work from Doughty and a nice finish by Adebayo. That said, despite the man advantage Tranmere looked dangerous on the break.

I though Brown changed the game with the subs, Rico for Dave and Alzate for Smith. Rico scored a beat equaliser expertly picked out by Alzate and then Romanski scored an absolute fluke to give us a win. Yes 3 points are very welcome but God only knows what would have happened had Tranmere not had a red card.

For us it’s evident that our defence needs an overhaul. Romanski is nowhere near ready for first team football at Centre back on that showing and Olly Lancashire needs to be replaced as well. We are so weak in this area, PB needs to strengthen there and quickly. I wasn’t massively impressed with either Diagouraga or Smith, Dave didn’t get involved much and Smith despite looking busy and wanting the ball gave it away a lot. I suspect he is better as a defensive midfielder as he seems to love a tackle.

Clearly in Doughty and Alzate we have 2 gems at this level. Alzate’s assists were excellent, picking out Richards and Romanski instead of just whacking the ball into the box. I thought McGlashan worked hard but was well controlled by their monster number 6 who I hoped would be clownlike but was strong as an ox. Rico scores goals, pure and simple.

Not perfect but get 2 decent centre backs and I think this side will do well.
A

Agree with all of that.  Felt a bit sorry for Romanski as he was out of his depth.  Lancashire was poor too.  The first 20 mins was one of the worst centre back pairing performances I've seen at Swindon.   
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:36:36 »

Still think Rico for Dave that early was a stupid risk.

Thankfully paid off though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:47:37 »

I agree. At the time I thought it odd but to be honest Dave had barely touched the ball in the first 20 minutes, he is still finding his feet.

I think PB is still unsure of how best to utilise our midfield. Personally I think Smith would be best sat in front of the defensive line winning the ball back and giving to Doughty and Alzate to dictate play. Not really sure if you can utilise Dave as presumably that’s what he was signed to do?

Anderson continues to frustrate, he works very hard but consistently makes the wrong decisions, running down blind alleys etc.

Alzate is going to get barrel loads of assists this season. Doesn’t do anything massively fancy on the ball but seems to have a great eye for a pass. His 2 assists were very clever, patient and picked out Rico and Romanski expertly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:50:33 »

Alzate needs to play instead of Anderson.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:54:43 »

As others have pointed out, it suddenly seems difficult to find out attendance figures. Not online or in the papers today. Was the same after FGR. Any one know why?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:57:23 »

With Doughty and Alzate both being able to pick a through ball, I reckon Woolery could be a gem.

2 keeper punts upfield, 2 goals for them. Pathetic. I’m on edge every time the opposition have the ball. It’s like there’s a collective acceptance that a cock up is just around the corner all the time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:59:06 »

Brown's job was pretty much on the line, epecially with back to back away games, and we look ill suited for on the road.  The crowd looked to be perhaps 5K at best maybe fewer, could be why the figure wasn't released.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 10:06:04 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 10:41:32 »

2 keeper punts upfield, 2 goals for them. Pathetic. I’m on edge every time the opposition have the ball. It’s like there’s a collective acceptance that a cock up is just around the corner all the time.

When you can't defend the keeper's punt in Div 4, you'll not win too many games.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 10:58:53 »

With Doughty and Alzate both being able to pick a through ball, I reckon Woolery could be a gem.

This for me....nail biting every time a ball goes near the box.

Clems Army!
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 11:08:29 »

I would take their number 6 or even the grey haired Cb any day to shore up the defence!!
Sir red ken

« Reply #177 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 11:35:46 »

When you can't defend the keeper's punt in Div 4, you'll not win too many games.
Its amazing we've won 2 games with no defence. Glad we did but it could easily have gone the other way.
Flashheart

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 11:40:43 »

Fuck defence, it's over-rated.

Win every game 5-4 and we go up.
Sir red ken

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 11:58:23 »

Fuck defence, it's over-rated.

Win every game 5-4 and we go up.
Your a tatical genius Flashheart. I like your style.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: