Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34944 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 17:36:02 »

As I said they would (lose 3/3) last weekend. Home to A Stanley in midweek who have W1 D1 L1 so being generous that kind of looks like it (using Plowman, sorry, Smeetons rule) could be a draw or a home win, hmmm, maybe an away win.

Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 17:40:26 »

I really hope we get the defence sorted because with a solid base behind them our attacking players will decimate teams in this league.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 17:44:44 »

I really hope we get the defence sorted because with a solid base behind them our attacking players will decimate teams in this league.

Sent from my SM-G930F

with a solid base and a laser show. Superman, batman going all nite, on a rocket ship it’s outta sight.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:06:47 »

Sent from my SM-G930F

PB himself said the first 45 was unacceptable... what is somewhat confusing is that our inadequacies have been obvious yet still nothing has been done about it... maybe there will be a jobbing centre back out there, who will be clubless after the 31st, that we can pick up.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:11:55 »

PB himself said the first 45 was unacceptable... what is somewhat confusing is that our inadequacies have been obvious yet still nothing has been done about it... maybe there will be a jobbing centre back out there, who will be clubless after the 31st, that we can pick up.
I'm sure the rules have changed whereby you can't even sign unattached players after the 31st. I may be mistaken mind.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:12:39 »

Highlights. How the hell did the 3rd go in?

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11476024/swindon-3-2-tranmere
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:16:46 »

Clinical placing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:32:47 »

Until the red card I thought we were at sixes and sevens. Romanski made a mistake for the first and then more weak defending from a long kick left Tranmere two up and us facing a huge battle. Thankfully their lad decided to make a stupid challenge and we had a lifeline. We scored a good goal after good work from Doughty and a nice finish by Adebayo. That said, despite the man advantage Tranmere looked dangerous on the break.

I though Brown changed the game with the subs, Rico for Dave and Alzate for Smith. Rico scored a beat equaliser expertly picked out by Alzate and then Romanski scored an absolute fluke to give us a win. Yes 3 points are very welcome but God only knows what would have happened had Tranmere not had a red card.

For us it’s evident that our defence needs an overhaul. Romanski is nowhere near ready for first team football at Centre back on that showing and Olly Lancashire needs to be replaced as well. We are so weak in this area, PB needs to strengthen there and quickly. I wasn’t massively impressed with either Diagouraga or Smith, Dave didn’t get involved much and Smith despite looking busy and wanting the ball gave it away a lot. I suspect he is better as a defensive midfielder as he seems to love a tackle.

Clearly in Doughty and Alzate we have 2 gems at this level. Alzate’s assists were excellent, picking out Richards and Romanski instead of just whacking the ball into the box. I thought McGlashan worked hard but was well controlled by their monster number 6 who I hoped would be clownlike but was strong as an ox. Rico scores goals, pure and simple.

Not perfect but get 2 decent centre backs and I think this side will do well.
A

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:39:42 »

After my criticism of the attacking play and defensive play last week, it's only fair to say how good that looked going forward. Somehow, however, the defence looked worse. I'd be embarrassed if I'd played like that and I'm 44.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:40:38 »

I'm sure the rules have changed whereby you can't even sign unattached players after the 31st. I may be mistaken mind.

I thought you could, provided they were unattached on 31st, i.e. can't sign a player that was released on the 1st Sept until the Jan window.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 18:46:54 »

Well, well, well.

After seeing the goals, and some in match comments here, every criticism that was leveled at the defense after 20 minutes was valid then and remain valid now.

We've seen 3 home games, and 5 cock ups for goals. That isn't bad luck.

But the 10 men allowed us to paper over the cracks. And I'm delighted about getting 3 points. Its obvious we have more work to do recruiting wise to be competitive in the race for promotion.
---------------
Did anyone say how long Conroy is out for?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 19:00:56 »

I thought you could, provided they were unattached on 31st, i.e. can't sign a player that was released on the 1st Sept until the Jan window.
That would seem more logical tbf. Hopefully it's right.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 19:09:33 »

I'd just like to say to the one line negative commentators after 15 minutes, with their usual knee jerk posts, say hello to Kermit and Miss Piggy for me later.

We were a shambles at the back and have to be grateful to their player that got sent off, because had they have kept attacking us we would probably have been 4 down at half time.

Once they sat back and tried to defend their lead we got back into the game, that’s not going to happen every week.

That said, hopefully Brown can sort out the defence because the midfield is good & with Richards back we look decent up front
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 19:19:06 »

My one comment had us winning 3-2 at 2-0 down.  Smiley
Did ginghino stay in the kitchen this match?

Nah, I actually went today Smiley

Thoroughly enjoyed that.
Luckily they had a player sent off which completely changed the game as we were dead and buried even at 15 minutes to be honest.
Lancashire is awful and Romanski, did OK for the most part but isn't anywhere near ready for first team football.
We need at least one decent centre back to come in on loan.

Thought the substitution was a bit strange but worked really well, Richards was excellent when he came on and hopefully can stay fit as he will be our main goalscorer this season.
Alzate looked really good also when he came on and attacking wise, we looked really good and should've won comfortably.

Taylor was my MOM, he was excellent today and his legs have not gone judging by today as on more than one occasion he prevented a one on one with chasing back and tackling. He was spraying the ball about with ease, spreading the play and looked good today.

Anderson was anonymous first half but was much better second half, thought Smith was good too, put a lot of effort in and broke up play well.

An enjoyable afternoon and a great result.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 19:20:40 »

We were a shambles at the back and have to be grateful to their player that got sent off, because had they have kept attacking us we would probably have been 4 down at half time.

Once they sat back and tried to defend their lead we got back into the game, that’s not going to happen every week.

That said, hopefully Brown can sort out the defence because the midfield is good & with Richards back we look decent up front

Top scorers in L2. I shall conveniently ignore goals conceded Smiley  We'll get someone, just hopefully sooner than later.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: