Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Official Match Day Thread  (Read 35026 times)
Amir

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:20:29 »

Why do they do it to us?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:22:11 »

I'd just like to say to the one line negative commentators after 15 minutes, with their usual knee jerk posts, say hello to Kermit and Miss Piggy for me later.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:23:08 »

Well we got one of the desired outcomes with goals from elsewhere, but not the other of defensive tightness.  Still an important win, as it would have been easy for heads to go down, and PB would have come under immense pressure for his job.  Especially as 2 away games in a row now at Crawley and FGR, and the defence doesn't look capable of surviving on the road.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:27:15 »

I'd just like to say to the one line negative commentators after 15 minutes, with their usual knee jerk posts, say hello to Kermit and Miss Piggy for me later.

Apologies - I'm not usually one of the negative ones, but you have to admit it didn't look good at that stage.
At least I stayed throughout the thread and didn't disappear when we started getting back in to the match. Smiley

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:29:31 »

This is a crazy time of the year for table positions. At 0-2 we were 16th, at the end we're 6th!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:29:53 »

2 games two 3.2 wins for me this season.
Thought after 15 mins we were gonna get stuffed, Tranmere looked decent up until the sending off. Didn't look that bad after it tbf.
They seemed to need only a couple of passes to get into our box while we took an age to get into theirs.

Adebayos goal was a good one, took it well. Been impressed with him both times have seen him, bit of urgency and he will be superb. Seems to be head down and too casual going forward.
Team improved with Alzate coming on, not scared of running at ppl where it counts.
Richards showed promise when came on but obv still coming back so will improve.

Defence, we need one and soon. Romanski looked out of place and scored the luckiest goal seen in a while.

At least the team didn't cave as in previous seasons but had some belief to win it, albeit v 10 men.
 Pint
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:30:11 »

Has Dave taken the piss out of us?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:34:03 »

Apologies - I'm not usually one of the negative ones, but you have to admit it didn't look good at that stage.
At least I stayed throughout the thread and didn't disappear when we started getting back in to the match. Smiley

Wasnt aiming at you Smiley Some people seem to think games only last 10 or 20 minutes before they spout the usual shit. Frustration and angst I get, not continual bile with no backup to it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:37:25 »

Looks like the subs won us that one

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:39:45 »

My one comment had us winning 3-2 at 2-0 down.  Smiley
Did ginghino stay in the kitchen this match?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:43:20 »

Papering over the cracks until the defence is sorted. We can’t keep giving teams free goals.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:45:45 »

Papering over the cracks until the defence is sorted. We can’t keep giving teams free goals.
This. & Alzate was outstanding when he came on.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
woolster

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:50:09 »

what was the att, I didn't hear it called
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 16:51:36 »

I’m 4 from 4 this season and I need to rethink my assertion that we won’t/surely can’t keep making these howlers.

Today was the pits. Romanski was shitting himself every time he got the ball. Need a fit Conroy plus new CB and Taylor really has to be binned. He’s lumbering around and is the weakest link.

Problem is, now the defenders expect to make a mistake - you can see it. Self fulfilling implosion.

Thank God for Doughty. Really pleased for Adebayo, too.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, August 18, 2018, 17:25:49 »

Well it's going well for us at the moment but I feel we still need our penalty to be safe. The scum are loosing 3-0 to Pompy.

As I said they would (lose 3/3) last weekend. Home to A Stanley in midweek who have W1 D1 L1 so being generous that kind of looks like it (using Plowman, sorry, Smeetons rule) could be a draw or a home win, hmmm, maybe an away win.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: