Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rover official match day thread  (Read 20439 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:32:10 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
yeah it seemed a bit unorthodox at times, Romanski was lb.then he was in the centre.. Couldn't really work it out.

Same with Anderson, who was wide right one minute, a bit more central the next
You don't know what your doing, you don't know what your doing. etc etc! I guess this is known as being 'fluid' in football manager style games.

Not sure we are ready for that kind of play, our plodders are a bit fick for dat.

to be fair, it may just be me specifically that couldn't work it out!

whatever we did, it worked very well in the first half.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:41:08 »

You don't know what your doing, you don't know what your doing. etc etc! I guess this is known as being 'fluid' in football manager style games.

Not sure we are ready for that kind of play, our plodders are a bit fick for dat.

to be fair, it may just be me specifically that couldn't work it out!

whatever we did, it worked very well in the first half.

Yeah it sounded like we were all over them second half. I did say on a watsapp chat after half time and reading that we were so dominant that we would lose 1-0. Fucking annoying to be proved correct.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:48:35 »

Playing well and losing is not a good habit...... playing badly and winning is.

We did that under Flitcroft and the fans hated it so...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:49:13 »

It was definitely 442 in the first half but that was due to us having all of the ball, in the 2nd it looked more 352 as Taylor shifted to WB with Romanski shuffling over to CB when we didn't have the ball.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:51:50 »

Yeah it sounded like we were all over them second half. I did say on a watsapp chat after half time and reading that we were so dominant that we would lose 1-0. Fucking annoying to be proved correct.

There are shades of Luke about this.... in 16/17 we were way too easy to beat, teams could just sit in, we'd try and play some fancy triangles to no great effect, then a defensive error would present the points. That was in Div 3 mind with 4 down.... this season only 2 down, so a bit more leeway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:59:58 »

Fans under Luke....  too much football, get it forward. Same fans under Flitcroft..... play some football, too much forward hoofball

PB can play all the decent football he wants but if we lose to Tranny and Crawley, there will be calls for his head, results are all that matter.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 11:53:55 »

Finding the excessive doom and gloom pretty ridiculous.  Defence is the priority.  More relaxed about our goal scoring threat.

I didn’t go last night, so won’t comment on the performance.

But still agree with the comment above.

To give some perspective, we won 2 of our first seven games under Paolo & only three of the first 10 in the season we were champions under Macari. (Including cup games).

I know the world has moved on, but the fans in general seem to be much less able to cope with defeat now.

Also, I guess it helped then that there was generally a more optimistic feel around the club
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 11:58:21 »

We've been on a slow but very definite and steady decline for 25 years. Doomygloomy's is all we know.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:08:24 »

To give some perspective, we won 2 of our first seven games under Paolo & only three of the first 10 in the season we were champions under Macari. (Including cup games).

I know the world has moved on, but the fans in general seem to be much less able to cope with defeat now.

Also, I guess it helped then that there was generally a more optimistic feel around the club
It’s not really that, though. At least not for me. It’s the fact that the personnel changes but the outcome remains the same. Whether it’s Luke or Flitcroft or, now, Brown our fundamental defending at the very simplest level, is dreadful.

I remember saying after Macclesfield that at least we wouldn’t be making such glaring defensive mistakes week after week, yet . . .
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:12:09 »

I understand your point but you also need to appreciate that someone like me who is in their thirties that last season was the lowest league finish i can remember since i started going.

I have been one of the ones who has tried to stick with Power but it's now getting to a point where irrelevant of people shouting about he is a crook and milking us i actually just care about the football and to be honest it has got shitter and shitter under his ownership and i can't see him changing anytime soon so he should go.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:13:09 »

Not at home we didn't to be fair
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:18:45 »

Can't help it, pessimism isn't a choice Smiley

To give some perspective, we won 2 of our first seven games under Paolo

True, but he did have a few advantages in the transfer market that Brown won't get Smiley Incidentally and shamefully (sorry CS) the  first time I actually came away with a bit of optimism that season was the 2-1 home defeat to the Pox. I looked it up - 21st of August, much earlier than I thought. Can't believe that was 7 years ago now.

only three of the first 10 in the season we were champions under Macari. (Including cup games).
I was not a proper follower back then. Did the squad change much, did a key player come in, or did it just "click"? Genuinely interested in this, a bit of weight to add some optimism is always good.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:18:57 »

The key difference is that in those 2 seasons the home form was formidable, even if at first the away form was sketchy.

We've been mostly poor at the CG for the thick end of 3 seasons now.  Flitcroft looked like he'd turned that tide when we won 5 in a row, then promptly fucked off.... result get stuffed by Chetnumb.   

We're currently rated the 79/92, so don't think too many expect us to be able to compete in the higher levels, but would think we should be able to compete with the likes of Numb, FGR and Yeovil.  OK last year we won the Somerset/Wilts/Glos mini league, but don't think too many would put money on it happeneing this year
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:28:02 »

The key difference is that in those 2 seasons the home form was formidable, even if at first the away form was sketchy.

Ahhh, we'll be ok then. Can't do any better than the 3 points out of 3 we've managed at home this season. :-)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 12:50:58 »

Ahhh, we'll be ok then. Can't do any better than the 3 points out of 3 we've managed at home this season. :-)

Ha. The JPCheckatrade is a points league. In your face FAKE NEWS boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: