Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rover official match day thread  (Read 20351 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:30:32 »

Ultimately Swindon have never been a really good defensive team (maybe excluding when Di Canio was  in charge).  Most of the seasons where we have done well is because we have two strikers banging the goals (Mooney and Parkin, Paynter and Austin). If Richards comes in and starts scoring goals it may help us defensively as teams will have to open up if they are losing.

If Tranmere have any sense, they just need to keep it calm at the back and try to minimise any stupid mistakes. Swindon will gift them 1-2 chances in the match and they just need to convert them.

The only way I can see Swindon doing well this season is if they take the Brazil approach (you score 2 we will score 3). It’s just a shame we don’t look like scoring one goal yet !
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:39:43 »

Which means another season of suffering your drivel in every matchday thread, you make Reg sound like a happy clapper at times!

Ah yes, single out my one comment on the thread and ignore everyone else's because they’re all brimming with positivity.  You really are a complete dick and now I remember why I don’t post on here a great deal anymore.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:44:27 »

Which means another season of suffering your drivel in every matchday thread, you make Reg sound like a happy clapper at times!

So which bit in the games so far makes you think what was said was wrong?
Ok its a but early, but in all 3 proper games we've struggled to score, and can't keep clean sheets. Like last year.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:53:04 »

Unless we revert to 442 I really don't think Taylor fits into that starting 11 anymore.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 22:21:54 »

Dreadful second half capitulation...right up there with one of the worst I have seen.

Gifted a mediocre team a goal...again and then had zero guile to then turn it around.

Deep shit....really deep...

Clems Army!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 22:44:36 »

One of the biggest concerns of this season for me is that we have so many players that don’t seem to fit into any sort of system at present. I can’t think of many formations where we suddenly don’t have round pegs in square holes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 23:23:28 »

Tonight wasn't exactly a surprise... we look significantly weaker than last season.  FGR finished a point above the drop line last year and didn't look a whole lot better this.... in fact I assumed Cooper put out a weakened team. 

Still early doors... it's not all doom and gloom, I like Smith he does give the ball away all the time but mainly because of positive intent (except the corners) and Lancashire looked happier in a 3.

You can see us winning a few games this season... when have we got Morecambe  Hmmm
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 04:45:03 »

Tonight wasn't exactly a surprise... we look significantly weaker than last season.  FGR finished a point above the drop line last year and didn't look a whole lot better this.... in fact I assumed Cooper put out a weakened team. 

Still early doors... it's not all doom and gloom, I like Smith he does give the ball away all the time but mainly because of positive intent (except the corners) and Lancashire looked happier in a 3.

You can see us winning a few games this season... when have we got Morecambe  Hmmm

We played a back 4 not a back 3.
Panda Paws

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 06:07:14 »

Bit too early for a lot of this melodramatic nonsense. Two league games in, a win we we deserved and a defeat we deserved and we're not even out of the window yet.

Six to eight games in, with a complete squad, and I'll start having an opinion about this side.

Nothing has changed expectation wise. Lower than 7th is failure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 06:49:11 »

Bit too early for a lot of this melodramatic nonsense. Two league games in, a win we we deserved and a defeat we deserved and we're not even out of the window yet.

Six to eight games in, with a complete squad, and I'll start having an opinion about this side.

Nothing has changed expectation wise. Lower than 7th is failure.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 07:04:30 »

Ah yes, single out my one comment on the thread and ignore everyone else's because they’re all brimming with positivity.  You really are a complete dick and now I remember why I don’t post on here a great deal anymore.

Why don’t you ever post after games we have won?

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 07:22:17 »

There's a handful that only post when we lose. That's one of the good things about winning... we don't get to hear from them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 07:25:15 »

Just saw the goal on sky sports news. Looked like Lancashire put Nelson under pressure with a poor header and then Nelson’s attempted clearance went more or less straight to their striker.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 07:45:31 »

I actually think we will find ourselves in the top seven come the end of the season, I just look at our midfield and forwards at present and struggle to see how to piece them altogether.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 07:55:20 by Trashbat? » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 07:49:54 »

Was the elbow to Lancashire very clear from the highlights? He certainly needed treatment but I didn't see it.
--------
it's true the window isn't closed, but we've had long enough to address the issues. he may pull one out of the bag, but the concern is legitimate.

In truth I'm not sure if I'm encouraged that we'll settle as a squad, and will tend towards the normal being the team that played the good stuff in the first half .

or whether we will continue with this team that is almost but not quite at the races due to two obvious departments being not quite good enough.

based on the two games I've seen, it's feeling a bit Danny Wilson second season.

but yes, as I've always said, judge them in November/December.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: