Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rover official match day thread  (Read 20335 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:12:27 »

Need to bounce back tonight.
Not feeling overly confident about this one.

Will feel like a friendly with only two stands open but hopefully a few more than 1,500 will turn up.
At least the views of surrounding countryside and townscape are good from the Arkells.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:15:51 »

Never realised this about the Caribou Cup

Extra-time has been removed in all rounds up to and including the semi-finals, with ties being decided on penalties

Getting closer and closer to that winky wanky Cup.

Going to see if we can repeat the Maccy style going forward or the Lincun Keystone Cops defending.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:21:19 »

FGR have never won a LC game.... we've won it and been in the semis twice.  We'll need to raise our game to avoid a similar outcome to last year's Boycott tie.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:25:44 »

Chance for Brown to see a couple of fresh faces get 90 minutes. He can’t mess about too much as this is a game we really need to win, I reckon.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:35:15 »

1-2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:46:45 »

FGR currently unbeaten this season after a win and a draw in their first 2 games.

They have only beaten us in a single semi competitve match in last seasons Boycott Trophy otherwise Swindon have won each of the other 3 matches between the sides, 2 league and 1 FA cup tie.

They will be confident and Swindon fans less so.

Its our 50th anniversary of winning this cup so lets try and get a few rounds further a least this season, can't see there being more than 4,500 or so there tonight.

A win would boost confidence, a loss would not be the end of the world but a huge amount of our fanbase would think that it was.

Have a feeling we will play 343 today with Vigs; Lancashire, Conroy, Nelson; Taylor, Doughty, Alzate, Knoyle; Anderson, McGlashan, Adebayo.

That said its almost impossible to 2nd guess PB and his tactics at the moment, he may blood Toums for his first competitive start.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:51:59 »

No idea how seriously both teams are going to take this.  Personally, I don't care too much if we lose tonight and wouldn't play a lot of the first teamers as playing double gameweeks early in the season seems to result in injuries (well, to Swindon anyway).  Will be a chance to see how Toums's fitness is progressing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 16:57:57 »

No idea how seriously both teams are going to take this.  Personally, I don't care too much if we lose tonight and wouldn't play a lot of the first teamers as playing double gameweeks early in the season seems to result in injuries (well, to Swindon anyway).  Will be a chance to see how Toums's fitness is progressing.

PB needs a result Cooper less so. Ordinarily they might rest a few, but Cooper will very much want to win this and so put out his best side. We'd be very happy with Reid and Doidge up front.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:10:18 »

We'd be very happy with Reid and Doidge up front.
Funny you say that, I don't think either are as good as Richards/Adebayo when fit and on form.

I know not many will agree but last season when we played then Doidge was marked out of the game by Lancashire and had 1 chance in the 2 games against us, massively overrated but he has apparently been interesting sides from higher leagues and he did score 15 league goals, 2 more than Norris.

Reid whenever I have seen him looks slow and overweight and at times disinterested. Was a bad influence in the dressing room at Yeovil which was why they got rid of him.

I fully expect both to score against us tonight now.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:17:36 »

Funny you say that, I don't think either are as good as Richards/Adebayo when fit and on form.

I know not many will agree but last season when we played then Doidge was marked out of the game by Lancashire and had 1 chance in the 2 games against us, massively overrated but he has apparently been interesting sides from higher leagues and he did score 15 league goals, 2 more than Norris.

Reid whenever I have seen him looks slow and overweight and at times disinterested. Was a bad influence in the dressing room at Yeovil which was why they got rid of him.

I fully expect both to score against us tonight now.

Doidge 47 in 78 including Conference... decent figures. Reid more a journeyman, but they got him in Jan to haul them out the mire and he contributed to achieving that. Be interesting to see if they both start and how it works out.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:21:47 »

Doidge 47 in 78 including Conference... decent figures. Reid more a journeyman, but they got him in Jan to haul them out the mire and he contributed to achieving that. Be interesting to see if they both start and how it works out.
There seems to be a big step up from Conference to L2 for scorers, I prefer to count only goals scored against league opponents.

According to the FGR forum, Reid is the provider for most of Doidges goals and they do have a good partnership if you believe their fans. We will see later I am sure.

Neither are blessed with bags of pace but will give our defence a good run around today if they are on form and our defender not near the mark.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:28:55 »

There seems to be a big step up from Conference to L2 for scorers, I prefer to count only goals scored against league opponents.

According to the FGR forum, Reid is the provider for most of Doidges goals and they do have a good partnership if you believe their fans. We will see later I am sure.

Neither are blessed with bags of pace but will give our defence a good run around today if they are on form and our defender not near the mark.

You do get players like a Paul Benson who are Div 4/Conference scorers but struggle higher than that.... think the days of a Steve Bull type are just about gone, although I suppose Vardy has managed to go from Conference to Championship then Prem.... bypassing Div 3 and 4
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:42:52 »

More
Your #STFC Starting XI:

Vigouroux, Knoyle, Lancashire (C), Nelson,Romanski, Taylor, Diagouraga, Doughty, Smith, Anderson, Adebayo

Never knowingly overstated.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:43:44 »

Ah well. Never liked the Caribou Cup anyway

Taylor in midfield. Fuck me
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 17:43:57 »

On the bench tonight:

McCormick (GK), McCourt, McGlashan, Alzate, Iandolo, Twine, Pryce.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: