Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rover official match day thread  (Read 20607 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 20:56:19 »

I’m going on Saturday. Not that I’m particularly looking forward to Mullin scoring 2 goals hopelessly unmarked at the back post!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 20:58:41 »

Well, that was Macclesfield over again - without the happy ending.

Could/should have been 4 or 5 up by half time, then our usual howler and it degenerates into a stumbling shambles. No semblance of organisation after going 1 down.

Make no mistake, FGR were terrible and yet, here we are. Nelson can fuck off back to Millwall if that’s his level. Dave was OK but didn’t look too mobile.

Adebayo will never be a goal scorer no matter how decent he is in holding the ball up and laying it off. None of our problems from last season have been addressed at all. Brown has spunked whatever budget he had on a pretty good midfield and that’s about it.

All fur coat and no knickers, that’s us and I’m fucking pissed off with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:11:02 »

To answer your Q FH

Hissing Sid Nelson - OK, not outstanding, bit like Lancashire tonight. But made the mistake that produced FGR's goal. Stretching to bring down a high ball he had to intercept, he didn't get enough of a connection on it and knocked it through to let their man in 1 on 1 (who showed how to finish with ease). Does not look anything other than a backup player to me though.

Dave - showed flashes and put some robust tackles in to make me think he'll be the player I think he is when he gets fit. Why the fuck isn't he fit. Naturally faded.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:13:15 by Batch » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:11:30 »

Well, he had a bad run in at the end of last season. Now we've continued with the same form. Unless there's a massive turn around soon LP could be looking for his, what 5th or would it be 6th mananger in 4 years. The problems at Swindon run much deeper than a manager, there's been good players given away on free transfers and some proper sh1te signed as cheap replacements. I take no pleasure in make this statement as a life long STFC support but are any of us surprised by our poor start?

Who are these mythical players we let go on a free?
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:16:03 »

To answer your Q FH

Hissing Sid Nelson - OK, not outstanding, bit like Lancashire tonight. But made the mistake that produced FGR's goal. Stretching to bring down a high ball he had to intercept, he didn't get enough of a connection on it and knocked it through to let their man in 1 on 1 (who showed how to finish with ease). Does not look anything other than a backup player to me though.

Dave - showed flashes and put some robust tackles in to make me think he'll be the player I think he is when he gets fit. Why the fuck isn't he fit. Naturally faded.

Cheers
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:16:12 »

Will Richards coming back add what we need?  If so, you'd have to say stop the leaks at the back?

Without seeing today's game, and going on the stats, you'd have to say at some point, with Richards added and maybe Woollery?Huh? that we score from time to time, but you can't keep giving up goals and hoping to get promotion.

I think Flitcroft's reign is giving me too much of a need to see it turning around under Brown, a person I would not have countenanced without that shit gong before him.

Maybe it will all be better at the weekend - surely............
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:17:59 »

Who are these mythical players we let go on a free?

Preston, Nathan Thompson, Obika, Kasim would all walk into this side and all left on free transfers (some due to relegation mind).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:19:44 »

None of them were let go though, they let their contracts run down, we didn't release them or sell them for nothing.  We offered terms on a couple of them as well.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:20:08 »

Natives getting restless already.

Sooner we get Richards out there the better. Sounds like we're going to need someone to take our chances as we're unlikely to keep a clean sheet any time soon.

Too early to be in 'must win' territory but Brown will start to feel some early pressure if it doesn't go our way on Saturday.

Appears we look a little short of requirements in both penalty boxes. Unfortunately they're also the most important areas.

Work to do before the end of August but must keep the faith.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:21:35 »

And I wouldn't take Obika or Kasim right now - neither would add.  Preston is turning into Shaun Taylor with every passing game - I'd have offered him more to stay here, we certainly should have got a replacement in.  Thompson you'd clearly take in a heartbeat, but he's not for this league.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:23:55 »

Brown really isn’t a very good manager, is he?

Vigs is not a good goalie is he? He should be let go at the end of the season....
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:25:24 »

Game of two halves. We won the first on paper they won the second by scoring. It was Vigs fault they scored, he should be let go at the end of the season.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:29:50 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:25:51 »

On to the match, what a frustrating night. And now worryingly its looking like Groundhog Day, particularly where the Macclesfield game is concerned. But the late loss of composure and running out of steam happened at Lincoln too.

Fact - you can say what you like about luck, and there is something in it, but to if you can't win a game like that (and nearly v Macclesfield) then you are in deep shit.

Can we turn it around? Is it a bit of bad luck we can't score, and can't keep a clean sheet - or just bad. Truth be told I don't know. I hope Richards can hit the ground running because I have my suspicions.

Onto the game,

First half, and lets be absolutely clear here, was a positive in terms of chances created and control of the match. In that aspect I'd give us 9/10. We created chances, hit the post when the keeper fluffed a kick and Smith chipped it, and limited FGR to the sum total of fuck all. Dominant. Doughty pulled the strings, the rest of the midfield chipped in. We looked good. But...but..we should have been out of sight (again)...it should have been game over. But it was 0-0 (again).

Second half, you knew what would happen. There was absolutely no way we could be that dominant. And so it proved. FGR didn't really batter us, but we saw a bit more attacking intent. And we coped with it until the mistake from Nelson and the goal.

Ok if you don't take chances, you end up in these situations. But what happened next was the most concerning bit. Goals change games, true. But we simply fell apart. We couldn't string 2 passes together and posed pretty much zero threat on the FGR goal. Absolutely hopeless. And Brown must have had a snooze for 20 minutes, because for reasons only he will understand he made subs as late as the 80th minute. The Swindon game was dead on its arse for ages. Far too late.

Brown can blame the ref for fouls in their goal (didn't see it myself, not doubting it) but the simple fact is the real issue is another defensive mistake and another goal shy performance. Sort that out, stop whining on.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:27:04 »

Well, that was Macclesfield over again - without the happy ending.

Could/should have been 4 or 5 up by half time, then our usual howler and it degenerates into a stumbling shambles. No semblance of organisation after going 1 down.

Make no mistake, FGR were terrible and yet, here we are. Nelson can fuck off back to Millwall if that’s his level. Dave was OK but didn’t look too mobile.

Adebayo will never be a goal scorer no matter how decent he is in holding the ball up and laying it off. None of our problems from last season have been addressed at all. Brown has spunked whatever budget he had on a pretty good midfield and that’s about it.

All fur coat and no knickers, that’s us and I’m fucking pissed off with it.

Yeah, good job we got a good goalie though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 21:28:34 »

It was Vigs fault they scored, he should be let go at the end of the season.

Utter utter bollocks.

I assume I am being wooshed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: