Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln City V Swindon Town, Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24505 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 15:50:09 »

Same old shit being served up again. No
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 15:51:04 »

Lincoln really aren't that good but we made them look like world beaters today at times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 15:52:10 »

Well that was fucking shit.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 15:53:25 »

Hopefully this helps Brown convince Power to up the budget a little. The defence is the same as last year and it wasn't good enough.

I will say that its down to the team to defend though, not just the back 4. As good as Smith was opening game i think the sooner Toums is fit and able to sit in front of the back 4 the better.

The direct old school teams like lincoln are always our undoing, one year we will have the strength in the team to deal with them,
adje

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 15:56:47 »

That Nelson must be shiite

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 15:58:15 »

Clean shite mentality?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:00:19 »

The good:  For about 30 minutes we were looking good, the starting midfield has to be right up there for this league.

The bad: Anderson - he's had near enough a full season now, and he's not learning.  He must lose possession with the ball tied up between his feet more than any other player I have ever seen.

The ugly: Taylor and towards the end Lancashire, fucking awful defending.

Overall, we won't play many better organised and stronger teams this season.  If the defence had any pride in performance we'd be talking about a 2-1 loss and that we'd given them a good game 2nd half.  As it is, we made that easy for them in the final quarter.

Central defender and left back for me.

As it is, I still think on balance that we'll be ok and in the play off hunt without those additions. IF we can sort the back out somehow we'd be a good team.

Now, I am no fan of Brown, and his subs for two league games running have had me scratching my head.  he's vacated the middle of the pitch, and this week it cost us by exposing the shitness of our defence.  i really do not know why - I get going for a goal, but Anderson was a walking disaster movie whereas the central 3 had some control.  if anything, bring someone on for Anderson and release Alzate a little more, or Doughty.  It's the sort of thing Flitcroft would do - Crawley/Barnet.

Final thought - the entire team should be sent running around the pitch for 30 minutes after the final 5 minutes.  Yes you are getting beat, but they all felt sorry for themselves and let Lincoln stroll it.

Still, I'll allow Reg to quote me at the end of the season - "think we will win more than we lose this season".
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:01:14 »

Same old shit being served up again. No

Yep, you are consistent, I will give you that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:01:24 »

Its early season, Dave may improve us. But right now the stats on goals against  aren't great.

I can forgive the 2 against Macclesfield because they were cock ups.
Chelsea U23s, concerning but lots of changes.
Lincoln, no excuses, early season or not.

So what the hell happened? We offered Preston and McGivern, get neither then suddenly don't want to or can't afford to attract experienced replacements.

Not convinced by our forward line either.

Bah, bloody football, one week you are encouraged and optimistic, a week later it all looks very different.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:03:08 »

Oooh, good summary Rob. Not that I actually watched it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:05:21 »

Just as the win last week will have papered a little over our weakness at the back, this weeks scoreline and abject defending by at least two of the players will have made it feel like we were awful.  I don't think we are as bad as today suggests - it's easy to think it when you get stuffed.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:05:55 »

That Nelson must be shiite
He didn't have a great game vs Chelsea but looked way way better than Toums or McCourt did. How he didn't get a game is beyond me, we looked awful at the back again.

Anderson got better 2nd half and made some good runs but not in too dangerous a position

McGlashan looked handy when he got the ball

Adebayo struggled to win much in the air but not bad on the ground.

Knoyle didn't play too badly.

All the midfield struggled first half but got much better 2nd half until Alzate went off and we struggled, Alzate was the pick of our midfield

Smith broke up play a lot again

Doughty looked good on the ball but lost a lot of tackles

Vigs had a pretty good game but was not protected.

Taylor looks lost at LB

Lancashire very poor again

Conroy looked a bit better but was not without fault

McCourt can't pass or shoot on the evidence of the last 2 games

Twine ran about but looks too lightweight for this league and he is not a left winger

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:09:00 »

After 3 games looks like the deficiencies of last year have not been addressed at all which is unforgivable.

Lincoln were better than us and stronger than us all over the park.

The fact we’ve conceded 10 goals in 3 games is not promotion form.

If Power is serious about top 3 then he needs to fix this and quick- though judging in the last 5 years don’t think he will
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:11:54 »

I’d give Diagaouraga another 90 on Tuesday to try and get up to speed, the same with Nelson. With Smith and Lancashire being the 2 to make way.

The left back situation is a difficult one, because I just can’t see Taylor brining replaced/dropped despite it being pretty obvious his legs have almost given up. Yes he his set pieces are good, he works hard etc but he is a weak link, he was too last season the but the shitness of everyone else made him look okay.

We know, and Brown knows we are still a couple short, hopefully after today Power needs less convincing and can see it for himself. It would be nice to get 2 in by next weekend. Would be amazed if anything happens before Tuesday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 16:14:12 »

Under Macari in 85-86 we lost our first home game vs Wrexham 1-0 and then lost our 2nd game away at Hereford 4-1, as we all know we went on to win the title that season.

Under PdC we won our first game of the season v Crewe 3-0 then proceeded to lose our next 4 matches in a row, winning the title in May that year.

I look forward to us signing some players who will add a bit of strength where needed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: