Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln City V Swindon Town, Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24692 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 19:03:42 »

Just got back and can add no more to what’s been said.

Taylor was dreadful - teams target him every game now. Not good enough for LB and not a hope in hell of making our midfield. It’s time to hang up his boots and concentrate on coaching. Getting a starting place just because he can take a decent free kick - but today his free kicks were awful - is nonsensical.

Now, I have to disagree with comments about Lincoln. I though they were terrific - faster, stronger, more committed. I doubt we’ll play a better side all season.

Their fans deserve a lot of praise, too. Brilliant backing. You can see a club going somewhere.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 19:50:07 »

Just got back and can add no more to what’s been said.

Taylor was dreadful - teams target him every game now. Not good enough for LB and not a hope in hell of making our midfield. It’s time to hang up his boots and concentrate on coaching. Getting a starting place just because he can take a decent free kick - but today his free kicks were awful - is nonsensical.

Now, I have to disagree with comments about Lincoln. I though they were terrific - faster, stronger, more committed. I doubt we’ll play a better side all season.

Their fans deserve a lot of praise, too. Brilliant backing. You can see a club going somewhere.

Agree with your points about Taylor, his distribution was poor also today.  I wasn't at the match last week & was really looking forward to seeing Adebayo.  Disappointed would be an understatement, not sure he won a header all game & struck me as one who didn't fancy a battle.  Cross in the 2nd half comes to mind where he could/should have thrown himself in front of their defender to get on the end of it.

Lincoln surprised me... they were organised & completely pressed our midfield, giving us no time on the ball.  They were quick on the break & clinical, obviously done their homework exploiting our left. 

Ref was awful
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 20:19:03 »

Not arguing he had a bad couple of games, but I'm not writing Taylor off yet. Didn't he start poorly last season too?

Adebeyo surprised me last week, because against Pompey in the friendly he was exactly the player you described today.

But he was good last week, honest
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 20:54:45 »

Porous at the back.
Not enough goals in us.

Exactly the same position as when Brown took over.
He didn’t improve us when he joined but cut him some slack because it was Flitcrofts team. Brown had the back end of last season to evaluate and pre-season to change.

It’s very early days (obviously) but nothing has changed.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 21:12:11 »

Fuck me, some of you are a bunch of turncoat cunts. Has this become the 'new' faacebook page?

Yes we got dicked today and can't shy at a 4-1 loss. We knew Lincoln would be a 2 or 3 goal loss. Strange that. Most predicted a loss/happy if we managed a point.

So we won our first with a desire to keep on playing until the bitter end. Today we went to shit. Maybe we'll be the opposite of last season and win lots at home but be shit away? I'm not going to read the fucking last rights on STFC's Football League existence though.

We have all of August still to get the squad complete. Much like many sides. We will get the additions.

You can moan like little bitches all you like and be as dramatic as an emotional teenager but fuck me, some of you get a grip. You're grown men (I assume). If we don't get in the players Brown is saying we will then maybe have a bit more concern. However, a league isn't won, or lost after two matches. I'll assess after the squad is complete and several matches have been played with said complete squad. AKA, the 10 game mark.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 21:36:52 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 21:12:49 »

Did any Swindon players pick up any injuries?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 04:43:15 »

We knew Lincoln would be a 2 or 3 goal loss.

Everything that is wrong with STFC right there.
Mentality.
Top to bottom we accept mediocre (...or worse) shite.

We’ve had glaring holes in our squad since Brown took over. These should have been sorted months ago not a month into the season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 06:09:13 »

Not arguing he had a bad couple of games, but I'm not writing Taylor off yet. Didn't he start poorly last season too?

Adebeyo surprised me last week, because against Pompey in the friendly he was exactly the player you described today.

But he was good last week, honest
According to Cowley he set their team up especially to target Taylor. When 50% of your back 4 are not up to the task you can expect performances like yesterday.

Just 2 slight moans. Their pen didn’t look like one to me and I was about 10 yards away and we had a stonewall handball not given in the 2nd half. A bit of straw clutching. Also, there seemed to be more Town fans then there were seats available.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 06:48:22 »

Did any Swindon players pick up any injuries?
I believe a few hurt their feelings.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 06:57:29 »

How ironic that the social media attention seekers are bemoaning the lack of quality Brown has brought in whilst crying for Sendles-White to be signed again.

I come from a land down-under
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 07:52:41 »

Perhaps re-signing Sebastien Ruster would be the answer?  He was a special player on Championship Manager and was a key member of my multiple promotion winning side.

Nothing to see here
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 08:59:55 »

Just 2 slight moans. Their pen didn’t look like one to me and I was about 10 yards away and we had a stonewall handball not given in the 2nd half. A bit of straw clutching. Also, there seemed to be more Town fans then there were seats available.

Agree on both pens. The hand all not given was awful. Could have been 2-2 and a different game. Btw there were plenty of seats to the left of the stand (not that that's of any use to you now!).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 09:29:13 »

Fuck me, some of you are a bunch of turncoat cunts. Has this become the 'new' faacebook page?

Yes we got dicked today and can't shy at a 4-1 loss. We knew Lincoln would be a 2 or 3 goal loss. Strange that. Most predicted a loss/happy if we managed a point.

So we won our first with a desire to keep on playing until the bitter end. Today we went to shit. Maybe we'll be the opposite of last season and win lots at home but be shit away? I'm not going to read the fucking last rights on STFC's Football League existence though.

We have all of August still to get the squad complete. Much like many sides. We will get the additions.

You can moan like little bitches all you like and be as dramatic as an emotional teenager but fuck me, some of you get a grip. You're grown men (I assume). If we don't get in the players Brown is saying we will then maybe have a bit more concern. However, a league isn't won, or lost after two matches. I'll assess after the squad is complete and several matches have been played with said complete squad. AKA, the 10 game mark.
Quite right on the need for perspective.  Ridiculously early to be commenting on how the season might pan out.  At the same time, we have a new squad and we are all eager to look at signs as to how it might be shaping up and that sort of comment is helpful.  Especially to those of us who didn't see the performance.

For me, Taylor's lack of pace wasn't targeted last week and he had a very fair game.  However, I thought at the time that he would NEED another player to protect him.  When that's the case, the next thing you get is moaners blaming defenders for neglecting their marking.  Tbf, it seems the present suggestions are that we need a physically dominant ball winner at the centre, a la Preston.

Taylor might be a sub worth considering if we're chasing a game but I think he's had it as a starter.  

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 09:31:07 by RedRag » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 09:35:29 »

I think many teams have targetted Taylors lack of pace and the way he doesn't track back.

As stated above his dead ball delivery has not been that great in his last handful of games, including the end of last season, so at this moment in time doesn't justify his place in the side, a solid defensive LB would be on my list as well as 2 strong no nonsence centre backs and a different type of striker who can mix it up too. Nelson may be one of those defenders but he wasn't quite that on his debut last week altho he did get a lot of blocks in his defensive heading from crosses looked fairly weak.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 09:51:59 »

Was a shame to see Taylor have such a poor game.

While Nelson will likely add some physicality, we also need an old head that's been there and done that to help organise them. I think Brown mentioned getting in some 'men'.

If I thought we'll play like that defensively every game I'd be worried. I don't, though, so I'm not.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: