Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln City - Preview  (Read 8883 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 17:22:53 »

I knew they’d risen from at least the third division since 2000, wasn’t sure whether they were in the 4th or not

Don't think Luton or Wigan fit.

So the sides that have managed to sustain it have done so on the back of new ground or as Bormuff partly a redevelopment.

Some like Donny also raised their profile by a new ground, Brentford and Scunny on the back of wealthy owners, although I believe both have a new ground in the pipeline.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 21:24:09 »

What about Darlington Reg...they had a new ground and investment and everything...

Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 00:28:20 »

What about Darlington Reg...they had a new ground and investment and everything...

Hmmm

It's a good question... always had a bit of time for the Quakers, what with Stockton to Darlington..and we signed Jimmy Lawton from them and Alan Sproates went the other way. Alan went on to play 300+ games for them Jimmy didn't for us.

Further Feethams was like the CG, a traditional ground with a cricket pitch attached.

I liked the epic LC encounter when we lost 3-0 at Feethams, OK they broke Dave Bennett's leg, but shit happens. When we turned the two legger around at the CG 4-0 and Shaun Close got the winner, I thought this is what Shaun needs , he''ll go on to greatness.  No

When we won 2-1 at the Reynold's Arena in 06, little did I think they would implode... very sad  Sad
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 00:42:18 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 09:59:03 »

It's a good question... always had a bit of time for the Quakers, what with Stockton to Darlington..and we signed Jimmy Lawton from them and Alan Sproates went the other way. Alan went on to play 300+ games for them Jimmy didn't for us.

Further Feethams was like the CG, a traditional ground with a cricket pitch attached.

I liked the epic LC encounter when we lost 3-0 at Feethams, OK they broke Dave Bennett's leg, but shit happens. When we turned the two legger around at the CG 4-0 and Shaun Close got the winner, I thought this is what Shaun needs , he''ll go on to greatness.  No

When we won 2-1 at the Reynold's Arena in 06, little did I think they would implode... very sad  Sad
A London Red once recounted being asked, pre-match, in a no nonsense, norvern pub:  "so where are you from, lad?"  He had two answers, Swindon or London and opted for the latter.  Got a good kicking for being a "cockney bastard". Smiley

Dave Bennett was a great loss, dear Shaun, less so.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 12, 2018, 10:16:20 »

Remember that game.
Ground capacity about 25,000. Attendance 4,571.

Asked someone to move because they were sat in my seat.
The funny look took a while to register.  Doh

If the evictee is reading this, then I'm sorry. Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: