Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC bad boys XI  (Read 21294 times)
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 18:39:45 »

Anyone remember Dave Cunningham, little winger late 70s? Wife beating I think
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 18:43:18 »

Not sure if failing to attend as a witness makes him a "bad boy" does it? I don't remember that story
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 22:05:24 »

Not that naughty but who was the striker you had a few years ago (5?) who used to play for Exeter before you? He could be class on the pitch, was given a standing ovation at our ground when playing for Exeter once, but it turned out had been boozing for years which somewhat explained his inconsistency.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 22:06:39 »

I've just seen him name on a DRS thread. Christian Roberts.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 00:16:42 »

Christian Roberts was one of my favourite players. Saw him a few times for Bristol City and always thought he'd be a player I'd love to see us sign. There was a period of time where the club used to do updates over text and I remember walking home from some school event at around 8 in the evening when I got a text saying we'd signed Roberts for 50k. Amazing moment.

He was electric at times. Helped overturn a 0-2 defecit against Sheffield Wednesday into a 3-2 win and then was awesome in a 4-2 win against Hull City.

Unfortunately he always had his alcohol problems and admitted playing intoxicated on a number of occasions. Added to that numerous injuries and we never saw the best of him for any length of time. I often wonder how good he could have been had he not had his demons and playdough hamstrings.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 07:43:41 »

Does no-one remember Mike O'Hara? He was an 18 year old goalkeeper, one of Bert's Babes in the early 1960's who played several games for the first team. He was suddenly and inexplicably transferred to Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (none of this AFC Bournemouth tripe then). Several weeks later he was up before the beak in Swindon charged with burglary. He surely deserves consideration for the goalies spot.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 07:48:55 »

He was obviously good with his hands and had the gloves already Cheesy

Did he wear a stripy goalkeepers jumper?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 19:07:47 »

Does no-one remember Mike O'Hara? He was an 18 year old goalkeeper, one of Bert's Babes in the early 1960's who played several games for the first team. He was suddenly and inexplicably transferred to Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (none of this AFC Bournemouth tripe then). Several weeks later he was up before the beak in Swindon charged with burglary. He surely deserves consideration for the goalies spot.

Well, he is the son of Hitler, after all.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/i-blanked-out-says-hitler-son-swindler/news-story/851bf2008c878fc7a9119c9973ca35ec

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 19:10:46 »

I think our Mike would be older than this one...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: