Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is the current Swindon squad deep enough to sustain a League 2 promotion push  (Read 6170 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:13:30 »

Bit surprised to see Trust board members attending a competition that many see as a gateway to B teams in the League. I'd have thought the Trust would be foremost among those pushing back against the bastardisation of the FL Trophy and supporting the informal boycott.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:18:34 »

PS Evans had Mansfield in 5th when he left...DF took them to?

Don't care what happens at Mansfield, other than they're in our league, like 22 others. Do care about STFC and try and give it some thought.

Therefore back to the OP, for me too early to talk of sustaining a PO push as we don't as yet know, how we'll shape up in the first say dozen games.

Further with a couple of loans still available you'd expect some modest strengthening by the end of August, given the fairly obvious weaknesses.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:21:17 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 16:58:53 »

Don't care what happens at Mansfield, other than they're in our league, like 22 others. Do care about STFC and try and give it some thought.

Therefore back to the OP, for me too early to talk of sustaining a PO push as we don't as yet know, how we'll shape up in the first say dozen games.

Further with a couple of loans still available you'd expect some modest strengthening by the end of August, given the fairly obvious weaknesses.

Don't care what happens at Mansfield, other than they're in our league, like 22 others. Do care about STFC and try and
give it some thought.

I think you have more than a passing interest mate. You will care what happens when we play them won’t you...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 17:25:00 »

Don't care what happens at Mansfield, other than they're in our league, like 22 others. Do care about STFC and try and
give it some thought.

I think you have more than a passing interest mate. You will care what happens when we play them won’t you...

Only insofar as they are an opponent.... like the other side beginning Ma and ending in field we played on Sat.  My interest in them stretched as far as knowing Harry Smith and Rose played for them, and wondering if Tyrone Marsh could be in for some stick for being brought through the Oxford system.... he wasn't. I couldn't even name their manager before or now.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 17:39:47 »

I wonder if there should be a managerial transfer window in place as well.

Would the Steve Evans managerial love triangle have still happened in January?

Anyway, back on topic, during student days in residential hall, one of the girls was nicknamed SID due to a habit of crying out "sink it deeper" when in the throes of passion.

We have a Sid and will the squad be deep enough come end of August.
Fuck ohhhh yessss.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 17:57:12 »

I wonder if there should be a managerial transfer window in place as well.

Would the Steve Evans managerial love triangle have still happened in January?

Anyway, back on topic, during student days in residential hall, one of the girls was nicknamed SID due to a habit of crying out "sink it deeper" when in the throes of passion.

We have a Sid and will the squad be deep enough come end of August.
Fuck ohhhh yessss.

The alternative runic interpretation would be sinking  deeper in the doo doo.... after all Sid was with Chesterfield last season
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 18:10:33 »

Only insofar as they are an opponent.... like the other side beginning Ma and ending in field we played on Sat.  My interest in them stretched as far as knowing Harry Smith and Rose played for them, and wondering if Tyrone Marsh could be in for some stick for being brought through the Oxford system.... he wasn't. I couldn't even name their manager before or now.

First time I have been able to help Reg.  I'll Dave in.

Macc's manager now is Mark Yates (of Whaddon Road fame - a club of interest purely as another of our 23 opponents this season)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 18:36:47 »

The alternative runic interpretation would be sinking  deeper in the doo doo.... after all Sid was with Chesterfield last season

Sid looks to be on a par with Lancashire, no better, no worse.

I suspect that the primary barrier to offensive ejaculations has yet to arrive.

An early season injury to Conroy would be a disaster, but the midfield protection looks a bit better, on paper anyway.

Hopefully TD's performance last night doesn't mean that a Comedy Dave tag will stick.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 22:04:30 »

First time I have been able to help Reg.  I'll Dave in.

Macc's manager now is Mark Yates (of Whaddon Road fame - a club of interest purely as another of our 23 opponents this season)

Cheers... I once did a quiz in Cheltenham, they had a local round.... who was Cheltnumb Town's manager?  Didn't know the answer..... Mark Yates.  It was a quiz for posh people. I know little of them other than we have a terrible record against them and Michael Pook once scored a hat-trick in a 6-5 win at Burton including a last minute winner.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 08:25:55 »

to continue, off-topic, I had to google about Pook to keep up with you.

The story goes, 'numb were 4-2 down with 5 minutes to go when Pook scored his first goal to pull one back and give hope - before adding the two more for his hattrick and victory.

Move over Michael Doughty.  You're not fit to lace the master's boots Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: