Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anniversary meal recommendations  (Read 6395 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 08:57:15 »

Bit pricey but worth it, The Harrow at Little Berwyn !
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 09:01:13 »

The Savoy

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 09:02:56 »

thanks for the tip Sippo, will check it out next anniversary Smiley

@Rob, yeah it was slow, that was disappointing. it was the being ignored that really annoyed me. especially after explicitly strating I wanted to taste the micro brewery beers. still in the past now. Looking at recent TripAdvisor reviews it's got worse!

I still suspect that slow service is almost entirely down to their aspiration that you will drink more whilst you are waiting, there was a place in Lancaster that was well known for not even seating you (even if you had booked) until you had ordered a second drink whilst waiting, an order of tap water used to speed them along!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 09:21:47 »

aha. that's the point. not once did a waitress/waiter stop at our table to ask if we wanted another drink, ended up literally chasing one. gave up in the end.

also not once did they advise the main course was going to be a 90 minute wait.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:19:38 »

aha. that's the point. not once did a waitress/waiter stop at our table to ask if we wanted another drink, ended up literally chasing one. gave up in the end.

Fuck... That!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:26:17 »

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:37:40 »

You must have the patience of a saint. Both the wife and I hate lousy service and I think we may have left the restaurant way beyond the time the board had come out for injury time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:49:45 »

I'd be getting extremely twitchy on 40 minutes or so. That's around the time I'd be expecting free drinks and stuff.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 11:03:19 »

Ordinarily it would be a walk out, but we were taxi dependent - it was our anniversary so we thought we'd have some alcy-hol to celebrate.

T'was a few years ago now mind.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:21:41 »

I still suspect that slow service is almost entirely down to their aspiration that you will drink more whilst you are waiting, there was a place in Lancaster that was well known for not even seating you (even if you had booked) until you had ordered a second drink whilst waiting, an order of tap water used to speed them along!
Think they may be safe there,   Lancaster would be one hell of a fare in a taxi.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:17:44 »

Miller & Carter is literally just a posh Harvester? Surely at that price point you can do better than an M&B owned mega chain?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 17:38:52 »

It’s our 9 year anniversary today. I have pushed the boat out. No pasta bake tonight. A wood fired pizza yellow labelled from marks and Spencer (£2.70 down from £6) and some aldi halloumi fries.

Definitely getting some tonight...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:55:41 »

You old romantic
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: