Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hosted Emails and the Like  (Read 896 times)
Bewster

+9/-1

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 12:28:31 »

Once my BT contract is up I think I will look to move away, unfortunately I have a very sensible email address at BT which I use for adulting purposes and have done for years Grin

So if I leave BT it is quite likely I will lose this email and most of the other main stream provides (Hotmail, Gmail etc) no longer have a decent email address available for me unless I have Bewster5643131which I don't want.

I thought maybe I could use some service where I can get a family domain - so xxxxxxx@bewster.co.uk and pick email address for each family member but to be honest I am not techy enough to know where to start.

What does everyone recommend ?
suttonred

+22/-8

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 12:42:39 »

I use Fasthosts for all of my domain based email addresses. Used them for years without issue.
ronnie21

+14/-9

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 15:31:44 »

I have a BT e-mail address but do not use BT for anything (Virgin all the way through).  It costs me £5 a month to keep my addy.  No problems although i do have to sign into BT to access them, no hassle though.
Batch
Thingie

+125/-50

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 17:08:12 »

we just went Gmail in the end for provider independent email
Barry Scott

+23/-18

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 19:12:22 »

Go to namecheap.com and buy a domain, then go and set it up on Zoho for free. Thatís what Iíd do (and Iíll do it for you once youíve purchased a domain if you want).

Or but the domain and their cheapest shared hosting plan (Stellar, US Datacentre) for £19.31 a year, get a free .website domain, or buy a better one, and have 30 email boxes and 20GB space.

Or use Google Apps (or whatever itís now called) like I think batch is saying. Itís £3.33 per user per month. And as before Iíd help you set it up if required.

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared.aspx

Feel free to pm me if you want any help. Which reminds me I was trying to help Oxford fan...
Bewster

+9/-1

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 20:39:19 »

Cheers chaps, much appreciated. Thanks Barry - I'll see how I go but expect a pm  Grin
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

+13/-83

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 11:36:50 »

Go to namecheap.com and buy a domain, then go and set it up on Zoho for free.

This is exactly what I do, same providers.

Used to use Gmail but decided Google already knew enough about me so preferred they didn't go sniffing all of my email too.
Barry Scott

+23/-18

« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 31, 2018, 10:04:26 »

Yeah, itís my default setup. And I also ďtryĒ to move from Google (DuckDuckGo for all searches unless stuck) and chrome only for none personal and mundane things.

Google apps used to provide a free tier so I do still have quite a few accounts there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: