Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spearman and co  (Read 24076 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 17:41:59 »

I was brought up with the axiom...never trust an STFC chairman, and nothing has ever come close to undermining the proposition.

On the surface they could seem OK...Wilf Castle, for example, was fine purveyor of lardy cake and brown bread, similarly Eric Lane's chitterlings and caul were of a high standard.  Nevertheless it never stopped the TE wanting Wilf to be sent as Britain's representative at the Vietnam War.

No way in the world would I have bought a used car from Maurice Earle...or painting and decorating from Brian Hillier.

Rikki Hunt's Kestrel companies.... Roll Eyes

Cliff Puffett's multi-agg I suppose might have been OK for a bag of sand and gravel.

The exception to the rule would be Cecil Green...who like honest Bri had a painting and decorating co, but was a man who I've never heard a bad word spoken against.

Carson...I loathed since Question of Sport.  Andrew Fitton promised much, but managed the ignominy of 2 defeats to non league sides on his watch, added to the worst Div 3 side in 50 years.

Just watch when Wray ceases to be interim chairman.  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 16:21:58 »

Just to bump this rather than start a new thread has Spearman been listed as Honorary President for a long time, must confess never noticed before?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 16:40:48 »

Just to bump this rather than start a new thread has Spearman been listed as Honorary President for a long time, must confess never noticed before?
Not sure how long he has had that role but I almost always see him at games when I can get there, home and away, going round pre match meeting and greeting Town fans, always comes accross as a nice bloke.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: