Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Betting Market  (Read 6191 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:04:56 »

Notice the bookies have chopped a couple of points off our price for promotion,  down to 12's now from 14's.
Wasn't brave enough yesterday,    thought that the price was a little short,  win next week and can see those odds plummeting.
Did a treble yesterday,    Celtic, Bolton & Swindon wins at 14-1,  cashed out in injury time - What a Twat !, learnt a lesson from that,   will not be making that mistake again
A couple of the lads did ok out of it though,   one had a fiver on us to win at 5-1 when we were 2-1 down, that drifted to 10-1 with a few minutes to go, so another lad had a couple of quid on the win, should have followed them instead of bottling out.
Anyway who's been brave enough to back us for promotion? , Whatever you do do not cash out !!.   Banging Banging Banging

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:14:05 »

Done a treble e/w on Middlesbrough, Luton and Swindon in their respective leagues.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:26:36 »

Always do a couple of £1 accumulators on a Saturday,   one on league one and one on league two,  every game in each league, both teams to score,  odds are usually around 1,000 -1 so well worth a bet,  A lad from the club did get it come up a couple of seasons ago, so it does happen occasionally,
Approximately 40 Saturday's a season,  £2 a week,   £80 a season,  so it needs to come up around once every 12 years in order to make a profit - I'm still waiting !!!.
To anyone who did that bet yesterday in the Championship -  Bad Luck,  only QPR let the bet down,  I wonder what the cash out was on that one !.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:30:30 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:32:54 »

You were absolutely right to cash out yesterday, it was a freak end to the game.

Knowing when to cash out is a skill that when done properly is a money earner
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:34:23 »

You were absolutely right to cash out yesterday, it was a freak end to the game.

Knowing when to cash out is a skill that when done properly is a money earner
For some reason I just don't seem to have the skill !!.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:36:48 »

For some reason I just don't seem to have the skill !!.

I work on the basis that if the offered payout gets to around the 80% mark I’ll take it, the amount times you get screwed over by a late goal means it worth taking lower payout IMO

Of course i suppose it depends whether you’re having a bet for a bit of fun or whether to seriously try and win some dollar
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:08:52 »

I would suggest and it is only a suggestion...instead of doing a blind BTTS list for a whole division, mix it up a bit. It's easier to pick three BTTS out of 12 fixtures in each division.

For e.g;

I went;

Birmingham v Norwich
B City v Forest
Wigan v Wednesday
--
Sunderland v Charl
P'boro v Rovers
Portsmouth v Luton*
--
Oldham v MK
Port Vale v Cambridge*
Town v Silks
-
Celtic v Livi
Hamilton v Hearts
Aberdeen v Rangers

*Lost selections

As you can see, I didn't win so it makes no difference but I'll regularly get 10 or more. What also helps is spreading it over Fri-Mon/Tues fixtures (1 Fri, 3x3 Sat&Sun, 2 Mon). Nothing is guaranteed but this works better for me and if spreading over the weekend, you could have 10/12 going into Monday and a tasty cash out. This also gives you a chance to cover the remaining selections. On the flip, if your Friday match fails, you can stick a quid  on your remaining 11 or find a European fixture (Scandinavia is good for score draws) to make it up to 12 again.

All in all, only bet what you can afford to lose Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:30:32 »

I would suggest and it is only a suggestion...instead of doing a blind BTTS list for a whole division, mix it up a bit. It's easier to pick three BTTS out of 12 fixtures in each division.

*Lost selections

As you can see, I didn't win so it makes no difference but I'll regularly get 10 or more. What also helps is spreading it over Fri-Mon/Tues fixtures (1 Fri, 3x3 Sat&Sun, 2 Mon). Nothing is guaranteed but this works better for me and if spreading over the weekend, you could have 10/12 going into Monday and a tasty cash out. This also gives you a chance to cover the remaining selections. On the flip, if your Friday match fails, you can stick a quid  on your remaining 11 or find a European fixture (Scandinavia is good for score draws) to make it up to 12 again.

All in all, only bet what you can afford to lose Smiley
Don't have enough fingernails to start a bet on Friday and run it through until Monday.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 20:49:46 »

I work on the basis that if the offered payout gets to around the 80% mark I’ll take it, the amount times you get screwed over by a late goal means it worth taking lower payout IMO

Of course i suppose it depends whether you’re having a bet for a bit of fun or whether to seriously try and win some dollar
Ahhh.....   See what you mean, Backed Forest to win tonight, cashout reached 80% exactly, could'nt see WBA Scoring, the rest is history !!.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 20:53:01 »

Works most of the time, obviously if teams are 2 or 3-0 up I tend to leave it. Depends how ballsy I'm feeling. Left 2 trebles and won both in the end, definitely more satisfying winning when you keep your bottle.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 21:07:32 »

Works most of the time, obviously if teams are 2 or 3-0 up I tend to leave it. Depends how ballsy I'm feeling. Left 2 trebles and won both in the end, definitely more satisfying winning when you keep your bottle.
Was hoping for the second as Paddy Power payout on 2 goals up, also had a bet on 2-0 !!,  Not my night.  (Again).

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 20:52:21 »

The only good thing about tonight's fiasco is that any pre match bets on a Swindon win would have been that the 'bigger' bookies would have paid out when we were 2-0 up.
Was very tempted with the 14-1 on offer for the draw late in injury time but thought I would tempt fate if I did it, should have done really,  then we would have won.   Smakc

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:05:22 »

The only good thing about tonight's fiasco is that any pre match bets on a Swindon win would have been that the 'bigger' bookies would have paid out when we were 2-0 up.
Was very tempted with the 14-1 on offer for the draw late in injury time but thought I would tempt fate if I did it, should have done really,  then we would have won.   Smakc

What bookie do you use. I know paddy power pay on prem league games and La Liga when a team is 2-0 up but don’t know of any big bookies who pay out on lower leagues. Cash out facility is the best you can usually get.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 21:57:22 »

What bookie do you use. I know paddy power pay on prem league games and La Liga when a team is 2-0 up but don’t know of any big bookies who pay out on lower leagues. Cash out facility is the best you can usually get.
Paddy Power and Bet365 both  definitely pay out on 2 up,  last time I had that happen was in 2017 when we played at Dartford in the FAC.
Have just checked and you are correct,  only applies on Premiership,  Championship and cup games.  
Just shows how often Swindon have gone 2-0 up when I back them !!.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 22:02:40 by swindonmaniac » Logged

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 08:00:11 »

Fill 'yer boots today boys,  Town currently being offered at 8/5 by P/P and 365 today.  Surely we've got to win this one, Cracking price for a home team, especially one with our current form.
Come on Town don't let us down now !!.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: