Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 39685 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #315 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:55:13 »

he generally looked to be positive, but let's not get carried away.
Heaven forbid we will get optimistic about a new signing Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:57:21 »

If you can't get carried away after a 96th minute equaliser and 98th minute winner, when can you??
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #317 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:02:14 »

If you can't get carried away after a 96th minute equaliser and 98th minute winner, when can you??
Exactly Cheesy

FWIW I think Smith, Doughty and Toums should play central midfield vs Lincoln and play one of either Anderson or Alzate as I think the game could be a bit more physical on Saturday, something that I don't think is a strong point of Alzates game.

That said maybe his skill will unlock them as it did a few times vs Macc. I do think our players need some protection from the ref though as they will kick us all over the pitch as they did last season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:06:17 »

Well in the case of judging Smith he was off the pitch when that all happened... and his replacement McCourt was more directly involved in the pen events. But don't let that stop you getting carried away with his contribution ...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:06:22 »

Think it depends on whether Dave can do the minutes.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #320 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:19:03 »

Well in the case of judging Smith he was off the pitch when that all happened... and his replacement McCourt was more directly involved in the pen events. But don't let that stop you getting carried away with his contribution ...
What if every single person is happy with Smiths performance apart from you. I reckon you could be wrong, as for judging him on playing in Ireland. Pretty sure Roy Keane did the same
Flashheart

« Reply #321 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:24:39 »

He's trolling again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:30:32 »

What if every single person is happy with Smiths performance apart from you. I reckon you could be wrong, as for judging him on playing in Ireland. Pretty sure Roy Keane did the same

A word of advice.... read the posts.  

Nowhere did I say I was unhappy with Smith's performance, in fact I said a promising debut as he generally looked to be positive.... however the question was asked as to why he ended up at Coleraine... now for me the flaw in his game was giving the ball away too often, which may perhaps be the reason.

Oh and I couldn't give a shit what others think if their argument is based on premises like my jusdgement is flawed because Keane played in Ireland and so did Smith.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:35:38 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #323 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:33:04 »

A word of advice.... read the posts. 

Nowhere did I say I was unhappy with Smith's performance, in fact I said a promising debut as he generally looked to be positive.... however the question was asked as to why he ended up at Coleraine... now for me the flaw in his game was giving the ball away too often, which may perhaps be the reason.

Or repeatedly gave the ball away, which one? I read your post you see.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:37:47 »

He gave the ball away once or twice, fuck knows how that counts as repeatly or too often for a league 2 player
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:40:58 »

Or repeatedly gave the ball away, which one? I read your post you see.

Repeatedly and too often anmount to the same thing.... out of interest why do you think Smith ended up at Coleraine?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:51:19 »

Who cares, what matter is what he does when he is here.

Your point raised some thoughts about the game.........

Smith - I thought he was "tidy", not impressive, but certainly not a poor performance either.  I did not notice any of our players, bar Anderson, squander possession.  We didn't complete all our passes, obviously, but the majority of time that we did give way the ball was while trying something positive, in the right areas (Vigs being the exception!).

MCCourt was clearly a different sort of player - he pops up much further up the pitch, and was probably asked to do so.

It reminded me also of Doughty's reaction to Alzate going off.  Twine ran over to him and passed a message, Doughty looked less than pleased, so assume he had been asked to drop back a bit, allowing Twine to press on.

Anderson was the the one most guilty of losing possession, and usually it was not passing but holding on to the ball too long or trying to beat a player.  He really could do with more experience and some teaching here - I thought Alzate looked the better of the two and McGlashan first half as well.  That being said, they both get an assist for doing what they do - Alzate for being a bit more of a creator, and Anderson for beating his man.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:53:40 »

It was something to do with a move lined up that fell through, can't remember where, just before the transfer deadline leaving him without a club.  The Irish league operate different deadlines - see Vigs - so rather than not play at all he opted to play at Coleraine.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 15:55:03 »

I thought Smith was excellent in the first half, full of energy winning the ball back several times.

Second half all of the midfield at times were all over the shop. They regrouped though.

Can't really underestimate the weather taking its toll on legs. Try going for a jog at the hottest part of the day!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 16:13:33 »

Smith - I thought he was "tidy", not impressive, but certainly not a poor performance either.  I did not notice any of our players, bar Anderson, squander possession.  We didn't complete all our passes, obviously, but the majority of time that we did give way the ball was while trying something positive, in the right areas (Vigs being the exception!).

Certainly Smith was trying something positive when giving the ball away.... sort of stuff that coaches can work on
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: