Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 39677 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 15:21:18 »

Interesting watching the highlights of the rest of the competition.... Grimsby, managed to out comic defend us v FGR.  Yeovil started as they left off last season down to 9 men, think they had 10 reds last season. Morecambe must be early candidates for the drop depite Jim Bentley, being the longest serving manager in the FL. Mansfield look to have recruited well, and it's very sad to see a likeable fella like Tisdale at Franchise.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 15:54:56 »

Yeovil had 2 men sent off 3 times last season as well. Impressive!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 16:11:48 »

Came across this.  It’ll please Reg, no doubt. Some interesting BTL comments, too.

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1025786394906714112?s=21
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 08:37:03 »

I gather you have to be a paying member to view those?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 08:41:09 »

They want 45 quid to watch highlights? Fuck off
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 08:44:36 »

It’s always sunny on the first day of the football season.

I remember son getting sunburnt at Barnsley when King was manager. Weather was great we weren’t.

Hoping for a win today, but as Reg says it’s more about seeing that we have a team with some promise.

Went to that. We started Michael Pook left wing

17 minutes in I told my mate & his dad that ‘we were shit and going down’ of course I was being overly negative blah blah blah

We were shit and we did go down
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 08:46:10 »

I watched them without paying a penny. Although I did pay a fiver to watch the game itself.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #307 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 08:47:02 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 08:47:30 »

I can watch the 10 minute highlights and haven't paid a penny. I think you need to pay for the full match replays, mind.

Sent from my Mi A1
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 09:28:34 »

I can watch the 10 minute highlights and haven't paid a penny. I think you need to pay for the full match replays, mind.

Sent from my Mi A1
Fair enough, just highlights weren't listed in the "benefits" for the free subs. Mind you, live games seem to have a red cross (presumably indicating unavailable) for all 3 options, which seems odd
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #310 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:31:10 »

Fair enough, just highlights weren't listed in the "benefits" for the free subs. Mind you, live games seem to have a red cross (presumably indicating unavailable) for all 3 options, which seems odd

Like you, I read it and assumed you couldn't watch highlights. Have since signed up a free account and watched the extended highlights without paying a penny.

Surprise, surprise, the website is unclear, confusing and sometimes just plain wrong.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 13:04:14 »

Thoroughly enjoyable game on Saturday.  All of the new players were good.  I was particularly impressed with Smith.  Surprising that he was only playing in NI before us.  We have Neil McDonald to thank for identifying him.  Smith's technically good, athletic and can tackle - a massive improvement on Dunne and Linganzi.  Away from home I think I'd play Smith, Toums and Doughty in midfield with Alzate in the front three instead of McGlashan or Anderson.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:34:27 »

Thoroughly enjoyable game on Saturday.  All of the new players were good.  I was particularly impressed with Smith.  Surprising that he was only playing in NI before us.  We have Neil McDonald to thank for identifying him.  Smith's technically good, athletic and can tackle - a massive improvement on Dunne and Linganzi.  Away from home I think I'd play Smith, Toums and Doughty in midfield with Alzate in the front three instead of McGlashan or Anderson.

You may be getting a little carried away with Smith, yes he harried well, but repeatedly gave the ball away, I'm sure Dunne could do similar....

the Alzate idea is interesting... very happy with the ball at feet, and some turns that Mickey Hazard would have been proud of, but perhaps not the influence that a gaffer wants.... however young and here to learn.  It's that running of the game that you want from a playmaker.

They're rare in English football, which is where the WC campaign floundered.... McGlashan, although a bit limited does look like he does the basics, whereas Keshi had nodded off for their opener. I'm not sure where I got the idea from that KA, is more of a second striker than a wide man.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #313 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:38:26 »

You may be getting a little carried away with Smith, yes he harried well, but repeatedly gave the ball away, I'm sure Dunne could do similar....
I didn't notice Smith give the ball away more than once or twice, I thought he looked very good made some great runs with the ball with pace and can tackle and pass. Be interesting to see his stats on completed passes as I too thought he looked very handy, could be watching on iFollow that I didn't get as good a view as you did in the stand though.

Total Sport Swindon agreed with me too.

Martin Smith is the midfielder Swindon needed

Making his debut yesterday after signing on a free transfer from Coleraine, Martin Smith displayed all the elements that Phil Brown wants from his central midfielder. Playing in the centre of a three man midfield, Smith was impressive in both his defensive and attacking duties.

Regularly protected the defence to stop any dangerous attacks whilst also putting on a passing master class as he sprayed the ball across the pitch with confidence and accuracy. A great performance from the new signing.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:41:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:51:41 »

I didn't notice Smith give the ball away more than once or twice, I thought he looked very good made some great runs with the ball with pace and can tackle and pass. Be interesting to see his stats on completed passes as I too thought he looked very handy, could be watching on iFollow that I didn't get as good a view as you did in the stand though.

Total Sport Swindon agreed with me too.

There's usually a reason why you end up at Coleraine or a similar level... it could be that for Smith it's his passing completion, don't get me a wrong a promising debut, he generally looked to be positive, but let's not get carried away.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: