Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 40239 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 20:51:53 »

odd question. think most people's view is 'encouraging with room for improvement:
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 21:32:28 »

odd question. think most people's view is 'encouraging with room for improvement:

First day back at school really. Still finding out where the classrooms are and which teachers teach what.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 21:57:24 »

Enjoyed that, in the end.
Thought McGlashan and Alzate played extremely well. Adebayo had a bit of a shaky first half but grew into the game.
Needs another striker though. Surprised Alzate went off as he still looked effective whereas Anderson didn't.
Bar 2 defensive errors we didn't look too bad at the back tho could do with tightening up.

Pint

Off and running
Flashheart

« Reply #258 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 22:06:07 »

I could have fucking sworn we had a big striker holding up the ball today. Maybe my age is just catching up with me?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 00:45:36 »

So first game in, are we fucked?

Honest opinions please.

Win is a win surely?

Winning is always good, and should be celebrated.  

It vaguely reminded me of a game v Cobblers in 85.... when we won 3-2 and Peter Coyne scored a hat-trick, including 2 penalties.

Funny old line up, and we played the get out of jail card due to dear old Russell Lewis.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19860105

Interestingly Brian Mundee played in that game... from an old skool Swindon football family.... Denny had a career but Barry took to poker

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/1293715.TALKING_SPORT__Happy_Mundee_feeling_flush/

How we stand up at Sincil Bank, will be a better indicator... first sightings are that we won't be able to cope with the aerial onslaught.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 01:02:22 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 03:14:22 »

It vaguely reminded me of a game v Cobblers in 85.... when we won 3-2 and Peter Coyne scored a hat-trick, including 2 penalties.

Funny old line up, and we played the get out of jail card due to dear old Russell Lewis.

Interestingly Brian Mundee played in that game... from an old skool Swindon football family.... Denny had a career but Barry took to poker

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/1293715.TALKING_SPORT__Happy_Mundee_feeling_flush/

How we stand up at Sincil Bank, will be a better indicator... first sightings are that we won't be able to cope with the aerial onslaught.

Yes, we looked proper worried by the high ball...............................

Fortunately, the post above yours makes it seem reasonable.

Has there been a season since 1985 that you enjoyed?

Even 1986/87 included a 2-6 home embarrassment, clearly an indicator of the season ahead that year.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 05:16:51 »

So first game in, are we fucked?

Honest opinions please.

Win is a win surely?
I'm going to assume you asked this having seen only the final score and when we scored and hadn't read any of the write ups, which said how well we played and how we deserved to win. Otherwise this post is beyond weird.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 06:33:28 »

Went to school with Brian. A good lad.

An interesting challenge awaits at Lincoln.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 06:42:12 »

I could have fucking sworn we had a big striker holding up the ball today. Maybe my age is just catching up with me?

They appear to just enjoy trying to climb up a players behind. Look at the way they fawn after Sendles-White and drone on as if he is a club legend

I come from a land down-under
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 07:47:33 »

They appear to just enjoy trying to climb up a players behind. Look at the way they fawn after Sendles-White and drone on as if he is a club legend

Indeed, I've always found that quite bizarre.

Yet when a forward who scored 30+ goals for us in a near relegation season, before leaving quite amicably, returns with another club, he gets a bit of stick. And when there's talk of re-signing him, people turn their noses up.

Strange bunch.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 08:00:11 »

Good start, deserved the win, all the new guys looked the part particularly Alzate, Smith and Adebayo.
Great composure from Doughty, and can't be bad getting a hat trick when not playing completely the perfect game.
Signs looked good. Most pleasing is that it looks like much more there to offer than last season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 08:29:42 »

Strange Dave didn’t get any game time yesterday. Obviously not up to full speed yet, but he ain’t going to get fit sitting on the bench for 90 mins.

I can see him playing at Lincoln because of his size, although I don’t think Smith would deserve to miss out. I hope Brown isn’t thinking of Alzate as the one...

When you think we have Dave to come in, plus Richards and Woolery and then some hairy arsed defender (Brown’s description) and another striker, I’d say things look very rosy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 08:38:24 »

I'm going to assume you asked this having seen only the final score and when we scored and hadn't read any of the write ups, which said how well we played and how we deserved to win. Otherwise this post is beyond weird.

It was tongue in cheek. Most cunts on here are negative.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 08:46:40 »

It was tongue in cheek. Most cunts on here are negative.
Ah, sorry... that's a 'woosh' for me then... Wink
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:10:35 »

5 minutes of added time and then TWO penalties in Fergie time.  Amazing.

Although 0-0 was disappointing at half time, after recent years of sterile keepball and latterly hoofball, it was a joy to watch a midfield of quick turns and intent, mixing up short and long, runs off the ball and so on.  The nagging doubt was finishing.  Interestingly, because he knows something about it, Steve White seemed pretty seriously impressed with Adebayo's contribution.  All of the new boys impressed me.

Very dozy defending for their first but it seemed to me that confidence dropped just when it shouldn't have after Vigs' error.  Some of his distribution prior had actually been pretty good.  The side as a whole lost a measure of its previous fluidity. The 4th goal could've gone either way.  

The commitment never dropped however and the turnaround should be a real positive for belief in not just the squad but also the CG.  In that sense, this result was pleasing, even for fluffy August, and even a neutral could have enjoyed the football.  Until the season's outcome is settled, the next game will always be the bigger test but a very encouraging start.

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:12:18 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: