Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 40290 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:18:46 »

Part 2, conclusions.

What can we tell from a first game of the season?
No a lot...

How strong or weak are Macclesfield?
To be seen.

Are we strong enough in attack?
We created a shit load of chances, didn't exactly Norris them but weren't clinical

How weak are we in defense?
Hard to tell. Sleepy free kick and keeper fuck up aside I thought we did pretty well for a lot off the game. My fear of not dealing with high balls was without substance today.

So what the fuck is your view?
OK I've no idea how its going to go. But I was very encouraged by the first half. The quality on display looked in excess of last year. However, after their second goal we looked far below that. Which is the real Town when things settle down - time will tell.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:25:43 »

Well, so much has been written already and if Macclesfield claim to be unlucky they should consider we had two very worthy penalty claims in the first half, one one their keeper came out and flattened our player with no attempt to go for the ball - should have been a pen and a red card!  We hit the woodwork three times with the keeper beaten each time!  I was concerned with the substitutions in the second half, don't know if it was fatigue but I felt our two best players were subbed.  That made it harder for us as Macc took hold of the game - their no. 23 put in a really good performance and looked good for them.  In my opinion they were both pens rightly given!  Even with the ref and linesman having a three minute love-in and Doughty having already put the ball on the spot before the ref actually signalled a pen there was so much tension in the air that he did well to convert it.  Over the 90 (104) mins we fully deserved to win on skill and work rate although Macc had their moments, mainly due to us not defending properly.  Sort that out Mr Brown and we could have a very good season.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:26:43 »

Thought Alzate and Smith made excellent debuts, McGlashen looked tidy too.

Might need a full back, Taylor tried as hard as he does, but looked a bit leggy.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:30:49 »

My first game for ages. Well it was more entertaining than the previous games I watched over the last 3 years, that's for sure. We looked good going forward and a bit shit at the back. Keeper fuck-up aside, I wasn't overly impressed with Lancashire again - we really need another centre back. Thought Alzate was a bag of tricks and we lost the impetus when he was taken off. Also impressed with McGlashan and Adebayo who both look very lively, and obviously great to see Doughty in a Town shirt again. I'm feeling confident that once this side gells, and with the addition of 1-2 players we should be pushing for promotion.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:31:21 »

Brilliant end to the game, the best I can remember for a long time. CB has to be a priority. Lancs isn't a) a good enough partner for Conroy & b) a captain. Did anybody catch PB's post match press conference? Was there any mention of any potential new signings?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:35:33 »

Far more positives than negatives, totally deserved result.

All the new fellas looked good, especially Alzate and Smith in the first half
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:37:42 »

Good knockabout fun.  The new boys, including MD all at least did something.  McCourt had an interesting 5 minute cameo, nearly gifted them a 3rd with his first contribution, then got booked for getting involved with handbags, missed a sitter and hit the bar with a decent strike.

The old boys, perhaps less so... as anticipated the defence wasn't convincing, and Vigs just doesn't have the mental toughness, despite being an OK shotstopper.... still players can improve, but some have got a long way to go.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:05:26 »

Good knockabout fun.  The new boys, including MD all at least did something.  McCourt had an interesting 5 minute cameo, nearly gifted them a 3rd with his first contribution, then got booked for getting involved with handbags, missed a sitter and hit the bar with a decent strike.

The old boys, perhaps less so... as anticipated the defence wasn't convincing, and Vigs just doesn't have the mental toughness, despite being an OK shotstopper.... still players can improve, but some have got a long way to go.

Thought you weren't going?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:07:12 »

Fun start to the season, even if I was audio only that was a hell of a finish.

... and still better than one of my mates, who left in the 91st minute because he had a dinner reservation. Oops.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:21:58 »

Thought you weren't going?

I've had my say on this elsewhere.... no need to rake over old coals.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:25:12 »

Except on the political thread #Anythingconservative
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:27:40 »

Couldn’t get back in time today so had to make do with snippets on the radio. That said what I heard and what others have said turns with my own personal opinion of top three. This game last season would have been a loss not a win.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:32:34 »

What a finish!

Defo didn't deserve to lose and thought a draw would of been the least reward.

Calamity defending again...no change there.

But fuck it....hitting the woodwork four times has to be worth a win...

Clems Army!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:34:19 »

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 18:47:15 »

Except on the political thread #Anythingconservative

The politics thread is for politics.... the match day thread is for the match, what is the point of bringing up a sensitive subject again which has been dealt with elsewhere? My thoughts are there in the TEF domain, if it's of such concern to you what I think on the matter I refer you there.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: