Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 40241 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:41:55 »

Well deserved that. Very enjoyable 90 mins. In all the euphoria of that 2nd penalty it shouldn’t be forgotten the brilliant football leading up to it.

Can’t really find much to moan at apart from the obvious - and that isn’t going to happen every week. Very encouraging.

Like McGlashan and Smith, lovely skill from Alzate on occasions. Thought Doughty was pretty quiet.

Don’t know what to make of Crazy Legs Crane up top.

Looking forward to going to Lincoln.

I might even go now! That is the infection of football!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:44:22 »

Got a spare seat going!
Flashheart

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:49:32 »

The Yellows forum makes for interesting reading.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:50:59 »

Any mention of perhaps, maybe, should have - signed Doughty?
Flashheart

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:52:15 »

Any mention of perhaps, maybe, should have - signed Doughty?

Yes.

He he.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:53:48 »

What. The. Fucking. Hell. Was. That.

I have no idea, but I loved it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:54:04 »

The same forum that said they dodged a bullet by not signing Doughty? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:55:34 »

Wait? What? I went in the kitchen to make a drink and were 2-1 down. Come back and we won 3-2?!
You do realise you now have to spend the rest of the season in the kitchen
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:57:40 »

Got a spare seat going!

I'm in Derbyshire already. Wouldn't be fail to steal a seat from a hopeful Wiltshireman. If you don't fill it, I may request a pick up Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 16:58:05 »

You do realise you now have to spend the rest of the season in the kitchen

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:00:22 »

Poor little Oxford  Pint
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:07:31 »

It’s superb.

As I started to leave I thought that was the most undeserved 2.1 away I’d ever seen. Then it never happened.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:08:19 »

He looked good to me. Won pretty much everything and laid it off nicely. Some great flick-ons.

Good summary.

Macclesfield will doubtless whinge that they were unlucky, they weren't.  By the same token we couldn't have complained if we'd lost, if you don't take your chances... Even before half time people were drawing comparisons to England v Croatia.

Obviously easier to say when it's a sunny afternoon, first game of season and you win, but I really enjoyed that game.  There was some neat football.  I think we have the makings of a viable promotion challenge if they can also play on a cold winter evening at some shitty northern ground.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:11:25 »

Part 1 the report:

Well what can I say that hasn't been said. I don't know because I've not read the thread back yet.

First half was one of the most enjoyable for a little while. While Macclesfield weren't without threat, we kind of kept them at arms length most of the time. We, on the other hand passed the ball around nicely, created numerous chances.  Only a combination of the Macclesfield keepers outstanding saves, the post/crossbar and some not quite good enough finishing kept the score at 0-0. I think we were worth a couple of goals. I was particularly impressed by Smith's energy - he broke up play a lot. Altate (not out) has a touch of class at times too.

Second half would see us ease to the victory we deserved at a canter. Its going to be our year.

But, of course, its a frustrating old game. And its never that simple. Not long after half time the inevitable happened. We gave away a free kick, we did the normal to delay its taking, throw the ball in the air to the wrong place (etc), then it landed in Macclesfield hands. Whether we were expecting a slow and methodical free kick I don't know, but a simple sidefooted pass down their right and suddenly the #22 (wanker) was in free on goal with a 1 on 1 that was cooly finished. He of course gave it the big one down nearly the entire DRS stand. Dwarf twat.

Anyway, typical Swindon. Except it wasn't. Because pretty soon after we are down their right, a cross comes in onto Doughty's head and a simple header makes it 1-1. Game back on.

Except Macclesfield were well in the game now, and would probably be seen as the better team in the second half. That said it took an unbelievable crap mistake from Vigs to put them 2-1 up. He took a touch on a simple to clear ball, messed up his pass and the ball ended up at the feet of the #22 again, a calm lobbed fininsh did the job nicely.

And we kind of fell apart after that if I'm honest, it knocked the stuffing out of us. The midfield and defence suddenly looked very dissjointed and raggedy. Macclesfield were edging us out.

But give up we did not. We certainly produced a fuckton of chances in the match as a whole, and when McCourt thundered a shot off the bar after missing a golden 1 on 1 within a minute of coming on, eth game was over.

Except it wasn't. 5 minutes injury time, and somehow we get a penalty. It was on the other side of the pitch to me, and it looked a foul. But the lino seemed to flag for offside - I assume it wasn't actually for offside as in the context of the throw in and what happened next I can't see how anyone could be. After a lengthy conversation the pen was given. Doughty stepped up, the keeper saved it ....no he didn't... did it hit the post...did it get backspin.. who knows, but it trickled in. 2-2. Phew.

But re-energised we still pressed for the winner, even though there was really only a minute left. The ball  was robbed from Macclesfield and played to Anderson down our left. The defender came across and Anderson went down. Another penalty. Should it have it been given, I'm not 100%. But I'm not complaining. This one was more comfortably dispatched by the hatrick boy to send the crowd going mental. I don't think I've celebrated that much in a normal game since that *goal* at Nothampton.

Vigs was booked for legging it to the edge of his area, knee sliding, arms aloft, right at the Macclesfield fans. Was the number 22 booked for the same thing? Of course not. Why not, I've no idea on the rules but the ref was a cocknocker for 90 minutes, and brilliant for the last  or so:)

Sponsors MOM : Doughty (before the 2 pens)
Batch's star man/men: Knoyle and Adebeyo (who won't score shit loads but was an awkward so and so today)
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:16:12 by Batch » Logged
normy

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, August 4, 2018, 17:16:01 »

Very enjoyable first game, considering the heat.  They kept going very well.  

There's a lot more skill in this team than before, which is encouraging, and the other players when  available should improve it even more.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: