Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 39902 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:44:03 »

I sponsored the match ball for that game! £25 quid, and Doug (forgotten the surname) got me and my dad a cup of tea and a cheese roll at half time, how things have changed....

Yesterday was a fantastic day; that was one of the best endings ever, i was in the North Stand at the top and the atmosphere up there was amazing, i was jumping around like a loon, happy days.

Maybe Dougie Woodman...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #286 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:44:20 »

I see the away attendance from Macc was way over what they expected at 271.

From the Macclesfield web site.

Despite two injury time penalties giving Swindon Town maximum points in our EFL opener yesterday, the afternoon was one which will remain in our hearts forevermore and much of that was down to you - our incredible fans who yet again proved to be our twelfth man.

Mark Yates and the players have been quick to recognise the unbelievable support which was on show at The County Ground yesterday, describing it as “tremendous”.

Even before the two sides entered the pitch, the cacophony of noise which was generated by the 271 visiting supporters was deafening.

Each and everyone of you played your part in showing the nation what Macclesfield Town is all about, as you vociferously got behind the side in a manner which exemplified pride and defiance.

Your support yesterday was phenomenal and we would like to thank everybody who stood with us during our first battle of the season.

We may well have been outnumbered in terms of quantity, but there is no doubt that the emotion, passion and unity which you proudly displayed is something which should be cherished and is certainly not something which we take for granted.

As we have stated previously, when we hear you raucously willing the team on we know that you are not just regurgitating words of your favourite chant. We know that every word is a piece of your heart and that is what makes the support we receive so evocative.

From their forum, yet another accusation of us conning refs as many sides did last season AFTER we beat them.

Also thought that we were clearly inferior in conning a poor ref. Sunbed's obviously had them working at it. Final straw for me was the ref putting all our players back In the area while he discussed matters with the lino when 3 of their players were listening in and giving their opinion less than 2 yards away. Seems like they were pens thought difficult to see at the other end.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:04:15 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:46:08 »

Doug Buswell ??.

That's the one, thank you
Flashheart

« Reply #288 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:00:20 »

For anyone who was there yesterday, did they play Glad all over after the goals, I can’t remember hearing it

It was played after the 3rd goal.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:44:05 »

"the cacophony of noise which was generated by the 271 visiting supporters was deafening."

Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #290 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:46:57 »

"the cacophony of noise which was generated by the 271 visiting supporters was deafening."

Cheesy
I thought that too!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:48:15 »

Quote from: Flashheart
For anyone who was there yesterday, did they play Glad all over after the goals, I can’t remember hearing it
really, was it? doubt anyone in the ground heard it Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:53:24 »

really, was it? doubt anyone in the ground heard it Smiley

There's a video clip on twitter that shows the last goal/final whistle. It was definitely played after the goal.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:55:01 »

Strange Dave didn’t get any game time yesterday. Obviously not up to full speed yet, but he ain’t going to get fit sitting on the bench for 90 mins.

I can see him playing at Lincoln because of his size, although I don’t think Smith would deserve to miss out. I hope Brown isn’t thinking of Alzate as the one...

When you think we have Dave to come in, plus Richards and Woolery and then some hairy arsed defender (Brown’s description) and another striker, I’d say things look very rosy.

If we had been 2 or 3 up he would have got 30 mins no doubt.  The score and situation made it so that he spent the afternoon on the bench.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 13:00:39 »

to be fair to Macclesfield fans, most seem to say we deserved it and we happy they were competative.

Think of the roles were reversed I'd have initially been angry at the time added on. Though it was correct, what with numb nuts sniper antics and the penalty chat
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 13:16:23 »

to be fair to Macclesfield fans, most seem to say we deserved it and we happy they were competative.

Think of the roles were reversed I'd have initially been angry at the time added on. Though it was correct, what with numb nuts sniper antics and the penalty chat

....and the drinks breaks.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 13:51:11 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/extended-action-swindon-town-3-2-macclesfield-town/

Extended highlights are up.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 13:58:13 »

That's the one, thank you
Lovely bloke,   I used to buy all the leftover matchday programmes from him, sometimes wonder how the car ever made it home  !!.
Not sure when he finished with the club but must have been before the 90's.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 14:11:58 »

I'm undecided on the incidents with their goalie. It could have just been a case of them coming together accidentally. (I'm not sure where the rules stand on that). Just how/why McGlashan? got a yellow, though, is beyond me.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 14:41:11 »

I'm undecided on the incidents with their goalie. It could have just been a case of them coming together accidentally. (I'm not sure where the rules stand on that). Just how/why McGlashan? got a yellow, though, is beyond me.

Handball apparently,  pushed the ball past the defender and ref blew for that.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: