Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town official match day thread  (Read 39873 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:11:33 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
It was tongue in cheek. Most cunts on here are negative.
Ah, sorry... that's a 'woosh' for me then... Wink

+1. not much negativity about yesterday. almost like people call it how they saw it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:16:49 »

Yes, we looked proper worried by the high ball...............................

Fortunately, the post above yours makes it seem reasonable.

Has there been a season since 1985 that you enjoyed?

Even 1986/87 included a 2-6 home embarrassment, clearly an indicator of the season ahead that year.

If you remember that match it was a bit of an indicator, insofar as we were 4-0 down at HT, then came out the second half and had a right good go... the TE giving full support, one lad even coming out and taking a corner.  Lou appreciated the backing and responded by making it the last game of 3 players at Town under him.... that included Martin Ling, who although a player he signed obviously didn't think fitted the way of playing.
woolster

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:27:42 »

according to the ref this was a fair challenge  Hmmm

* 167891289.jpg (340.65 KB, 2400x1802 - viewed 256 times.)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:32:57 »

Not exactly, but it reminded me of that other "non-foul" by Harald Schumacker on Patrick Battiston - fortunately without the serious injury.  Nice to have the photo.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:34:34 by RedRag » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #274 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 09:39:47 »

Oh, and I didn't really notice Lancashire being that dodgy. But I'm not very observant.
I have to admit that I, like PaulD, don't like scapegoating but for me Lancashire just isn't up to the job, I think we need to try Nelson alongside Conroy on Tuesday, but sorry its time Lancashire moved on IMO.

I too wondered why Alzate went off he didn't seem to be struggling at all, still its in the past and it didn't cost us the game, which at one point when McCourt missed the great chance I thought it may.

As an aside, not sure if its been posted but from the Macclesfield forum, a little sour grapes maybe?

They aint exactly the most welcoming of clubs are they? A total XXXX of a PA announcer who only announces home goals, and decided to announce three times in several minutes at the end of the game that today's score was 3-2 sort of summed it up for me. Oh and I forgot their clown of a keeper who decided to 'give it large' to us at the end of the game after a shocking personal performance!!

The word 'classless' comes to mind.

Kind regards

And for whatever faults Vigs may have, I’d still take him over RCC any day.
Fuck yes!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 10:43:34 »

Still buzzing from yesterday,  can only agree with most of the posts on here, yesterday was exceptional, can only see the squad improving.
Nice to start the season without the usual negativity,  hopefully stay aways will start to come back.
Really impressed with the players attitudes,  2-1 down but the heads did not drop as they would have done last season,  never noticed one single player give up, it's been a long time since we've seen a squad battle like this,   everyone gave 100%, that's all we can ask,  Division One calls if we put in this much effort into every game.   Well done lads, it's been a long time since we've seen a team that's proud to wear the shirt.  COYR COYR COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
scillyred

« Reply #276 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 10:48:36 »

First game for several years.
Experienced the full gambit of emotions.
Brilliant ending.
The old feelings were still there - thankfully  Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:02:57 »

For anyone who was there yesterday, did they play Glad all over after the goals, I can’t remember hearing it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:07:17 »

For anyone who was there yesterday, did they play Glad all over after the goals, I can’t remember hearing it
We could hear the announcer quite clear on iFollow and I never heard it played.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:08:56 »

Now you mention it, no goal music. viva la revolucion
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:09:19 »

So much noise after the second and third goals  I don't think anyone would have noticed,  but thinking back I think you're right,  I don't recall hearing it either.

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:23:52 »

I don't remember it for the Accrington game at the end of last season either, although i may be wrong on that. Didn't hear anything after the first goal yesterday, wouldn't have known with the noise after the 2nd and 3rd goals.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #282 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:24:23 »

Just having a read of the other forums in this division and of all the teams the only ones who's fans went away happy after their matches seem to be Mansfield, Exeter, FGR and Crewe.

Almost every other team that either won, drew or lost said the game and teams were pretty poor between sides with little between them.

The mansfield fans seem to think they will have the league wrapped up soon! they also say that their crowd was amazing at 4,423 (which was 4,103 home fans).

I was surprised that the result was Flipflops first home league win!
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:30:59 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:27:01 »

It vaguely reminded me of a game v Cobblers in 85.... when we won 3-2 and Peter Coyne scored a hat-trick, including 2 penalties.

Funny old line up, and we played the get out of jail card due to dear old Russell Lewis.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19860105

I sponsored the match ball for that game! £25 quid, and Doug (forgotten the surname) got me and my dad a cup of tea and a cheese roll at half time, how things have changed....

Yesterday was a fantastic day; that was one of the best endings ever, i was in the North Stand at the top and the atmosphere up there was amazing, i was jumping around like a loon, happy days.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 11:32:57 »

I sponsored the match ball for that game! £25 quid, and Doug (forgotten the surname) got me and my dad a cup of tea and a cheese roll at half time, how things have changed....

Yesterday was a fantastic day; that was one of the best endings ever, i was in the North Stand at the top and the atmosphere up there was amazing, i was jumping around like a loon, happy days.
Doug Buswell ??.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: