Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 hopes, fears & predictions 2018/2019  (Read 16398 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 12:31:47 »

Presumably, the "George" character in this is from somewhere near the other end of the A420:

https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/76-league-two-1-24-predictions

Yep, George Ellik (sp) is a Oxford fan. Shame as its not a bad podcast.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 14:01:43 »

Hopes, entertaining football and automatic promotion

Fears, Steve Evans turning up as manager

Predictions, going up via the play-offs
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 18:28:50 »

A mid table finish should be regarded as a successful season.

Nothing to see here
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 19:00:19 »

Why?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 08:36:57 »

Adver doing a Q&A session with PB this afternoon, and are seeking questions to ask:

https://twitter.com/AdverSport/status/1024936115952869376?s=20
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 08:41:01 »

Adver doing a Q&A session with PB this afternoon, and are seeking questions to ask:

https://twitter.com/AdverSport/status/1024936115952869376?s=20
Did you wear that shirt for a bet?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 11:46:06 »

Hopes - we end the season in the top 3 and sign some deenders and another striker before deadline
and we end up being bought by a rich saudi prince that wants to turn us into the Man City of the south West

Fears - We end the season in play off spot but fail in spectacular style, and that Power gets to own the ground them immediately sells the club on to a chancer the club completely implodes due to his incompetence and we end up being demoted and then wound up

Prediction - 2nd

Panda Paws

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 11:49:30 »

...... and we end up being bought by a rich saudi prince that wants to turn us into the Man City of the south West

Genuinely my fear (ok not fear, but you know what I mean). Can't think of anything worse.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 12:13:54 »

Genuinely my fear (ok not fear, but you know what I mean). Can't think of anything worse.

Whilst I understand what you mean, the point below it would surely be worse (ie no club at all)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 12:18:50 »

Hopes - we end the season in the top 3 and sign some deenders and another striker before deadline
and we end up being bought by a rich saudi prince that wants to turn us into the Man City of the south West
Yeah, cos that went really well for Rovers and Salisbury City didn't it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 12:19:09 »

Whilst I understand what you mean, the point below it would surely be worse (ie no club at all)
The one can lead to the other - ask Salisbury fans
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 12:27:17 »

The Al-Qhadis are Jordanian Wink and when they took over they made no bones about buying the club almost purely for the ground development rights at the Mem, Rovers got the only hard up middle eastern owners in existance Cheesy

As for Salisbury, I was unaware they had foreign ownership before they went bust, I thought they were owned by some middling rich English chap, I didn't pay a lot of notice that far down the leagues then though..

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 12:44:17 »

The Al-Qhadis are Jordanian Wink and when they took over they made no bones about buying the club almost purely for the ground development rights at the Mem, Rovers got the only hard up middle eastern owners in existance Cheesy
My point was generally be careful what you wish for in terms of supposedly wealthy foreign owners coming in and assuming they will put in rather than take out. The Thais at Reading, now at Oxford, are another case in point.

As for Salisbury, I was unaware they had foreign ownership before they went bust, I thought they were owned by some middling rich English chap, I didn't pay a lot of notice that far down the leagues then though..
He was left carrying the can when their supposedly vastly wealthy Morrocan owner did a bunk once it became clear he would be needing to put some money in rather than take it out.

Allegedly wealthy foreign owners are not the panacea that many assume - they can sometimes be the start of even bigger problems. Portsmouth being another case in point
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 13:19:17 »

Based on......... a safe bet/the law of averages?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 13:55:54 »

I assumed he meant he didn't want to be loaded, with a great ground and playing in the premier league. And becoming plastic, hated, and losing identity and all the other downside shit that comes with it.

can see where he's coming from  Given a choice of 'bought success' and infinite stagnation I think I'd give the former a go. It's not an easy decision.

obviously I'd rather climb the leagues organically (no not the fgr type of organic). But that's fairly unrealistic now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: