Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln away  (Read 35585 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 16:38:20 »

Assuming that Knoyle is injured for Saturday, who would you play at right back?  Dunne, of course, is suspended.  I'd probably go with Nelson in light of Lincoln's aerial threat.  

I'd also go Nelson (even over Dunne). Normally wouldn't advocate but need as many CBs in the team as possible against this mob. Tony Pulis style back 4 of CBs.

Can't seem him changing to 3 at the back. What do you do ahead of that? Who plays wingback on the right? I guess you could play a Bielsa style 3331 with a narrow midfield of Smith, TD and Doughty.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 16:39:31 »

3 at the back. Conroy Lancashire Sid

Beat me to it for my edit.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 17:56:42 »

I'd also go Nelson (even over Dunne). Normally wouldn't advocate but need as many CBs in the team as possible against this mob. Tony Pulis style back 4 of CBs.

Can't seem him changing to 3 at the back. What do you do ahead of that? Who plays wingback on the right? I guess you could play a Bielsa style 3331 with a narrow midfield of Smith, TD and Doughty.
I would go with Nelson at RB but if he did go for 3 at the back (which did the trick last season if it wasn't for the stupid sending off of Preston) then I would play McGlashan as right wingback, hes good at tracking back and made 2 good tackles on Saturday and a couple vs Chelsea too, even though its not his natural game he would have cover from the 3 CB's if he didnt tackle his man.

Lincoln also play with wingbacks that get forward not normally with wingers, so instead of facing 2 players attacking him it would just be 1, Toffolo. If McGlashan attacks his man then Toffolo wouldn't have the chance to break forward much either.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 08:25:43 »

I’m going. Is there an away pub, looking online there seems to be a few along the high street but can’t see if there’s an away fans one.

Panda Paws

« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 08:53:23 »

I’m going. Is there an away pub, looking online there seems to be a few along the high street but can’t see if there’s an away fans one.

Only been once before, when it was a lunchtime KO on TV years ago. Drank in the city centre as you say.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 09:41:34 »

Square Sale on the Brayford is an away fans pub. We'll be heading there. Decent Guinness and nosh, apparently.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 10:31:35 »

Square Sale on the Brayford is an away fans pub. We'll be heading there. Decent Guinness and nosh, apparently.

Google street views says that’s a wetherspoons, so i don’t know if ‘decent’ is the right word!

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 18:58:22 »

Yeah, Square Sail likely to be the first port of call.

I'll be the only one in there who looks like they are not expecting to be promoted to the PL.

All welcome to say hello and I'll do my best to ignore you.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
lincolnred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 20:01:50 »

To assist  - Pubs
Square Sail - Large Spoons Pub on the Brayford (Large pond but nice!) it's by the Odeon Cinema and behind Marks & Spencer's
Ritz - Another Large ' Old cinema' Spoons by the level crossing. Plastic glasses on match day thou.
Lower High Street (beyond the level crossing) are very 'Lincoln' however The Eagle' near the bottom (South Park) is a proper Real Ale pub with a good beer garden.
Enjoy and if you need anymore let me know

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, August 11, 2018, 09:53:46 »

To assist  - Pubs
Square Sail - Large Spoons Pub on the Brayford (Large pond but nice!) it's by the Odeon Cinema and behind Marks & Spencer's
Ritz - Another Large ' Old cinema' Spoons by the level crossing. Plastic glasses on match day thou.
Lower High Street (beyond the level crossing) are very 'Lincoln' however The Eagle' near the bottom (South Park) is a proper Real Ale pub with a good beer garden.
Enjoy and if you need anymore let me know

Yeah, the Eagle was great last year. That's seconded.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: