Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln away  (Read 35587 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 09:00:33 »

feckin hell that cup run did them the world of good didn't it.
I also feel sorry for them, I would not like to watch that style of football week in week out, hoooooooooooof and kick and hit teams like a battering ram all over thee pitch.

I guess it shows that winning at all costs is appealing to fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 09:40:18 »

I also feel sorry for them, I would not like to watch that style of football week in week out, hoooooooooooof and kick and hit teams like a battering ram all over thee pitch.

I guess it shows that winning at all costs is appealing to fans.

Quite - i offer you the Lou Macari years as confirmation of that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 09:47:07 »

Quite - i offer you the Lou Macari years as confirmation of that.
I don't think we were anywhere near as bad under Macari as Lincoln were/are, who played the roughest long ball hard kicking style since John Becks Cambridge side in the 90s.

Awful to watch, every Lincoln player seemed to be about 6 foot 2 and all the did was kick us and pump the ball into the box, with Akinde (when fit) I don't see that changing this year either.

kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 09:58:37 »

I don't think we were anywhere near as bad under Macari as Lincoln were/are, who played the roughest long ball hard kicking style since John Becks Cambridge side in the 90s.

Awful to watch, every Lincoln player seemed to be about 6 foot 2 and all the did was kick us and pump the ball into the box, with Akinde (when fit) I don't see that changing this year either.
Agreed not as bad but at times not a lot of "pretty" football played in the Macari era and proof if we needed it that it is a results game and Lincoln are good at that. Loved the atmosphere at Sincil Bank last year which helped them - along with RCC's error - get their undeserved last minute equaliser.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 10:05:23 »

Agreed not as bad but at times not a lot of "pretty" football played in the Macari era and proof if we needed it that it is a results game and Lincoln are good at that. Loved the atmosphere at Sincil Bank last year which helped them - along with RCC's error - get their undeserved last minute equaliser.
The error by RCC was directly down to Rhead bundling into him when catching the ball from the one of numerous corners, which was a foul, he had been softening up RCC since he came on at HT.

That fucking WW2 air raid siren was not necessary IMO, worse than banging a drum.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 10:07:35 »

It still appears in the EFL Rules as quoted by mwooley63 above.  Presumably, Exeter claimed the dispensation referred to while doing their ground alterations.
Yes I see its still in there when I looked, that means Lincoln need only ofgfer us 1k away tickets then.

Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club痴 certified capacity, if less than 2,000

Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 10:11:04 »

Capacity is shown as 10,120. They have sold 9K ST. So on your calculations glosred I recon 500?
Official figures state 6,200 season tickets sold so far. The number they allocated to season tickets with the remainder on a 1st come 1st served bases for matchday ticket sales.

lincolnred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 16:41:56 »

Must be a localised urban myth then! See u there.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:33:20 »

Not sure how many tickets we have sold for Saturday I hope a few more may travel after the promising performance (in the main) on Saturday.

It seems according to the Northampton fans that Lincoln were very fortunate to come away with a win and Cobblers fans not very complimentary about their opponents.

What did you guys think of the "title favourites"? Were they as good as everyone is making out? No, they were s***e but effective away performance.

"The Imps were deserving of their victory on the balance of play"
No, they were not. That was obvious to all in the ground to see.

Lincoln were very, very poor. It says a lot about the state of our team at the moment that we managed to find a way to lose to them.

Lincoln were bang average on the day with only 4 shots all game, your strikers certainly like the use of the elbow though. I would like to wish you good luck for the rest of the season but I can't find it in my heart to do so, sorry.   

"On the balance of play, Lincoln deserved to win" ? How on earth do you come to that conclusion, you could argue that Lincoln gave a professional display and ground out a result but even the Lincoln manager said thet were lucky.

Christ, when did Lincoln City become massive? **** me. The 100 fans supporting Man Utd U23s in a Friendly made more noise, that isn't a joke either, they genuinely did. Fans reflect the team? Lincoln, large, dull, ugly?

Having seen Lincoln live for the first time, I can certainly see why the Cowley brothers haven't got jobs higher up the pyramid. I can't see fans of top end League 1 or even Championship clubs being willing to watch that type of football. As for the game - Lincoln did deserve to win on the basis that our finishing was abysmal

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:46:13 »

Cobblers are new to it but the rest of us became quickly aware of Lincolns approach to games last season. I imagine we'll get pretty heavily bullied on Saturday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:48:41 »

I agree, we did last season and will this season too as they are very big and physical, if we can be strong enough physically hopefully we will out football them. Apparently they are weak when teams attack their slow back 4 with pace, especially down the wings, we did that very well on Saturday, well down the right side we did anyway.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:58:46 »

Be interesting to see if we switch Lancashire and one of the midfielders for Nelson and Diagarouga, add a bit of muscle, let Lancashire have a rest without pinning his incompetence on him and allow rotation of legs in the midfield while adding height.

I think the best way to sort them out is the way we did Cambridge in the end, pass them off the pitch, wind them-up.  Maybe Nelson can just accidentally head their forward in a 50/50, a it of concussion should help scramble them.  Their game is about structure, stick to the plan, we need to jolt them from that.  Vigs shuold be training all week to come knees high and fists first, maybe show him the video of the Macclesfield keeper on how to deal with high balls, i.e. sometimes you need not worry about all the players in the way.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 12:16:55 »

If Nelson is as advertised, he should be on the wind up of Rhead all game. In his ear, late nudges and so on. Should get a reaction.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 12:22:36 »

If Nelson is as advertised, he should be on the wind up of Rhead all game. In his ear, late nudges and so on. Should get a reaction.
Fingers crossed! hopefully Nelson will play vs Chelsea tomorrow alongside Conroy and bed him in gently. Rhead only came off the bench on Saturday after 73 mins with Akinde and Green both starting the game, both over 6 foot tall and all elbows. Its going to be a tough match.

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 17:15:39 »

Michael Salisbury appointed as Ref for this one.  Don't remember him but he seems to like showing cards.  He didn't do any of our games last season.

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1861

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: