Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boycott trophy  (Read 32084 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:43:59 »

The worrying aspect is the injuries and those we have specifically picked up.  I happened to think that young Knoyle played very well on Saturday, so that will be a loss. 

Taylor, on the other side, whilst always a threat on set pieces and delivery into the box, looked like he is struggling for pace and may be vulnerable (I thought the same about Greer when he moved on to Brighton, mind)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:55:34 »

1,500+ seems like a good gate to me compared with last year.   Won't be long before we start being told what a success the competition is.
Still won't entice me whilst the format stays the same.  Useless,  Pointless competition.

Still won't entice me whilst the format stays the same.  Useless,  Pointless competition.

So if the format changed back you’d go? If so then it isn’t a Useless, Pointless competition, is it!? Just a format issue?

So while I try and understand your dogma, intransigence and hankering for not changing anything let me counter you with this. As it stands, I went with my lad and put £14 in the till including the pimped up fixture wall chart programme contained within to a game the club has to play and pay for. Secondly, it was a chance for all who did go to to a) see some fucking excellent football played by b) players who should be making a name for themselves at the highest level in the future. C) encouraged my DNA to want to go to a league match ASAP, thus putting more money into the club and d) getting a younger member of the community to continue at some level to support the club. INMH not a complete waste of time.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:57:00 »

Recently on Twitter:

Benjamin Wills

@_BenWills

Looks like Knoyle will be out for a bit with a hamstring problem.

We have needed, and still do need, a proper back-up full-back on either side, especially the right, don't want Dunne anywhere near right-back. Hopefully this forces Phil Brown's hand.

That's a big shame.  We really do need proper fullback cover. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 13:00:01 »

Oh FFS, Knoyle and Adebeyo were my two stand outs from Saturday. Injured for fuck all. Brilliant.
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 13:01:06 »

Won't be long before we start being told what a success the competition is.

They already have. Some dribbling jizz-baton from the FA/FL last season told us that it was a success because attendance were up. They were, but what he somehow conveniently failed to mention was that the new format now means more games are being played, hence the 'higher' number of people attending. In reality, attendances at individual games were significantly lower than before.

And no doubt many people were just lapping the bullshit up.
Flashheart

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 15:28:47 »

It seems Knoyle might be available for Saturday and there are no other injury concerns. Even if Knoyle doesn't make it Saturday, it certainly seems as though it is not a long-term injury.

Still a fucking stupid competition, though.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 19:25:02 »

So if the format changed back you’d go? If so then it isn’t a Useless, Pointless competition, is it!? Just a format issue?

So while I try and understand your dogma, intransigence and hankering for not changing anything let me counter you with this. As it stands, I went with my lad and put £14 in the till including the pimped up fixture wall chart programme contained within to a game the club has to play and pay for. Secondly, it was a chance for all who did go to to a) see some fucking excellent football played by b) players who should be making a name for themselves at the highest level in the future. C) encouraged my DNA to want to go to a league match ASAP, thus putting more money into the club and d) getting a younger member of the community to continue at some level to support the club. INMH not a complete waste of time.
Yes, In the format it is, I stand by  my comments,  it is a useless, pointless competition.
 You chose to go, thats up to you, you have a choice and so do I, I will not help finance a competition that was designed to allow a lower league club the opportunity of the chance to play at Wembley, it has been invaded by premier league clubs encouraged to use the competition as a youth training exercise (ie U21/U23 teams), and before you say it, it does not IMO, bring through future England players, and does not do what it was originally intended to do, give lower league clubs a chance to get to Wembley.
So if you choose to support this tinpot cup then feel free to do so, I and several thousand others will not.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 21:08:18 »

Yes, In the format it is, I stand by  my comments,  it is a useless, pointless competition.
 You chose to go, thats up to you, you have a choice and so do I, I will not help finance a competition that was designed to allow a lower league club the opportunity of the chance to play at Wembley, it has been invaded by premier league clubs encouraged to use the competition as a youth training exercise (ie U21/U23 teams), and before you say it, it does not IMO, bring through future England players, and does not do what it was originally intended to do, give lower league clubs a chance to get to Wembley.
So if you choose to support this tinpot cup then feel free to do so, I and several thousand others will not.

I support this opinion... With no disrespect to those that go.

Clems Army!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, August 10, 2018, 22:03:14 »

I went to see if my lad was ready for the proper football.

He isn't. And I won't be going to any more games in this competition.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 20:39:49 »

I'm not altogether certain about this, but Newport are 2-0 up on Plymuff..... I'm guessing that puts us out. Impressive start by Wellens out the Boycott before kicking a ball  Smiley
Sir red ken

« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 20:45:12 »

I'm not altogether certain about this, but Newport are 2-0 up on Plymuff..... I'm guessing that puts us out. Impressive start by Wellens out the Boycott before kicking a ball  Smiley
I knew he was the wrong person for the job. shocking appointment.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 21:11:35 »

Wellens out!

Clems Army!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 10:38:02 »

See West Brom used the opportunity to give promising youngsters boaz myhill and Gareth barry a run out last night va Macclesfield

What a farce

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 13:09:56 »

Wellens out!
tbf, he's already gone up in my estimation getting us out of that shit show
Flashheart

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 13:11:38 »

Wellens for Mayor!