Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boycott trophy  (Read 32089 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:19:35 »

Gonna be a bumper crowd by the sounds of it!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:20:56 »

The best result will be no injures, this is a friendly as far as I’m concerned
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:27:52 »

Let's set ourselves a challenge of seeing how long we can go before discovering the result, a la 'The Likely Lads' episode of yore!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:30:33 »

Did I read somewhere that these games are on iFollow this season?
Last season the games vs FGR and Wet Spam were shown live for free, they haven't said yet if they will be showing it yet or not though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:40:06 »

Let's set ourselves a challenge of seeing how long we can go before discovering the result, a la 'The Likely Lads' episode of yore!

That was a classic.... made even more so by the fact I'd done something like it myself for an England game in Italy, must have been mid 70's we still lost and failed to qualify for 78  Sad
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:47:56 »

I'd still kind of like to watch it, not going, no way and don't care about the result but if it's on iFollow I'd be keen to see a few of the more peripheral players in action.  TD should get some minutes, Nelson should play etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:17:59 »

@L-L - no booking fees for league cup game, correct.

I've not followed through on tonight's but it's got to be the same, frankly I'd rather go watch Oxford than this Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:34:42 »

Although boycotting, having the game this week isn't such a bad thing, insofar it's a bit like an extra behind closed doors pre-season friendly. PB can take the opportunity, to try out a few things.

When you say you are boycotting, based on past record I assume we can expect a full match report later then?  Hmmm

Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:35:15 »

I'd still kind of like to watch it, not going, no way and don't care about the result but if it's on iFollow I'd be keen to see a few of the more peripheral players in action.  TD should get some minutes, Nelson should play etc.
I concur for the same reason as you state, interested to see how we match up and set up in formation etc and see how the new boys do but don't give a fuck about the result etc..

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:49:03 »

They’ve got a Luke McCormick playing as well
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:56:01 »

I didn't include him on purpose  Smiley
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 10:38:24 »

The Advert is showing a possible Chelsea side for tonight's game and names Feruz as main striker. Is that the same one who was brought in by Tiger Tim to save us from relegation two seasons ago? Supposedly one of the brightest young prospects in the game and a big money buy from Celtic. He didn't play too many games and was out of his depth when he did. I'm amazed he's still there if it is him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 10:41:32 »

The Advert is showing a possible Chelsea side for tonight's game and names Feruz as main striker. Is that the same one who was brought in by Tiger Tim to save us from relegation two seasons ago? Supposedly one of the brightest young prospects in the game and a big money buy from Celtic. He didn't play too many games and was out of his depth when he did. I'm amazed he's still there if it is him.
Yep thats him, not a "big money" move as such but £300k. I am surprised he hasn't been moved on he wasn't much good when he played for us TBH.

The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 11:07:53 »

£300,000 you say? I thought it was a lot more but yes, he never impressed me either. Interesting to see if he makes more of an effort in tonight's game. I hope we give Twine, Edwards and Romanski a run out tonight.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 11:10:33 »

Ha. The best trolling of this competition would be for us to put out an U21 team for each game.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: