Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The worrying about the squad thread  (Read 37735 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 13:11:59 »

Is he? Didn’t know that. I’ll shut the fuck up.

I may be spouting bollocks, its only based on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toumani_Diagouraga
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 13:20:05 »

He's a DM?? Leeds paid over half a mill for him just over 2 years ago.

Well the Leeds bit really doesn’t have legs based on the way they run their club, that said if PB thinks he’s good enough that’s good enough for me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 13:21:36 »

I may be spouting bollocks, its only based on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toumani_Diagouraga
No. You’re right.

http://backpagefootball.com/mystery-fleetwood-towns-toumani-diagouraga/117842/
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 18:34:22 »

But you do like seeing young players come through?  And Henry is a young player.

If you prefer watching a player like Romanski come through rather than a Chris Robertson, for example.  Isn't that becasue you relate to them in a different way in terms of your support.... hence a relationship?
Yes he is, but he didn't play on Saturday and my post was based on the young players who impressed during the first 60 min game v WBA.

I didn't say I preferred to watch youngsters coming through over anything else. I said seeing young players develop is a positive. Seeing Robertson improve and merit a first team place would also be a positive. My support on a match day has fuck all to do with building/creating/craving relationships with individual players - that's something you seem to have interpreted erroneously.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 18:45:52 »

Just imagine Power announcing this

‘Carlisle are holding open trials this weekend in a desperate attempt to put a squad together for the season ahead.

Ex pros looking to get back into the game and young Sunday league players are what the club are looking for but anyone can turn up and try their luck as long as you don’t mind a salary of £400 a week.

So if you still have dreams of being a footballer, get yourself down there on Saturday morning. Bring boots (studs and moldies), shin pads and a packed lunch.’
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 19:04:33 »

Yes he is, but he didn't play on Saturday and my post was based on the young players who impressed during the first 60 min game v WBA.

I didn't say I preferred to watch youngsters coming through over anything else. I said seeing young players develop is a positive. Seeing Robertson improve and merit a first team place would also be a positive. My support on a match day has fuck all to do with building/creating/craving relationships with individual players - that's something you seem to have interpreted erroneously.

Fair enough..... I won't bother replying to your posts again, as for me relating to a player vicariously, in both an individual and holistic sense is the essence of fandom. There's obviously no hope of reaching any agreement.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 19:14:16 »

How precisely do you relate to them? I understand there's something that exists.. I'd probably implicitly back Matt Taylor over X from another club out of the blind loyalty that exists in a personality contest.. But I don't actually relate to them in any way.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 19:35:31 »

Fair enough..... I won't bother replying to your posts again, as for me relating to a player vicariously, in both an individual and holistic sense is the essence of fandom. There's obviously no hope of reaching any agreement.
Have a day off Reg.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 19:39:22 »

How precisely do you relate to them? I understand there's something that exists.. I'd probably implicitly back Matt Taylor over X from another club out of the blind loyalty that exists in a personality contest.. But I don't actually relate to them in any way.

Matt Taylor would be a good example.... you can see his quality as a player, but further can admire his sheer commitment to his profession and thereby the fans.  You can also see that he's coming towards the end, but that kind of increases the respect....
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 20:21:30 »

Matt Taylor would be a good example.... you can see his quality as a player, but further can admire his sheer commitment to his profession and thereby the fans.  You can also see that he's coming towards the end, but that kind of increases the respect....

And the other 10 from last season?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 20:42:06 »

That PB (not lead) has no chance of assembling a squad before the season starts. Absolutely no one of any credible experience wants to play under him, we're only signing youths and punts, and a bunch of trialis...*

*Investigate elements of sarcasm where necessary.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 23:47:14 »

And the other 10 from last season?

Do you really want this?

I'll offer Ben Purkiss, I liked him, an interesting character, obviously quite bright,  made a career out of steady Eddie RB, shovelling it up the line. Rumoured that he could play CB and then sort of did reasonably... materialised that he is a Trade Unionist... then got pelters for making a bit of a joke about Harry Kane.

I guess it's easier for me to relate to players coming to the end of their time with a bit of baggage, but even say a Kaiyne and Keshi, I can see they're trying hard, and I want them to do well, but sometimes wish fullfilment, isn't enough. IN that sense I empathise with their struggles....most of us have been there.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, July 19, 2018, 07:12:50 »

Do you really want this?

I'll offer Ben Purkiss, I liked him, an interesting character, obviously quite bright,  made a career out of steady Eddie RB, shovelling it up the line. Rumoured that he could play CB and then sort of did reasonably... materialised that he is a Trade Unionist... then got pelters for making a bit of a joke about Harry Kane.

I guess it's easier for me to relate to players coming to the end of their time with a bit of baggage, but even say a Kaiyne and Keshi, I can see they're trying hard, and I want them to do well, but sometimes wish fullfilment, isn't enough. IN that sense I empathise with their struggles....most of us have been there.

Perhaps under different management the players who struggled last year may flourish? I have already seen reports that Dunne has moved positions slightly and looks better and Anderson seems to have had a decent pre-season to date so I don't think we should right them off yet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: