Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The worrying about the squad thread  (Read 37722 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 17:31:05 »

Over 200K.

However I'm sure PB wasn't sold a pup by Power, he must have known the owner's modus operandi

And been happy with it. On that basis you should be too, as should all of us, I am.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 20:27:43 »

The gateperson may have a dodgy past, and be earning a wage....  however the nature of football, is that you offer encouragement to the players representing you on the pitch.... I've explained this previously, but fans have a distinct and unusual relationship with the keeper... for me not an option with LMc.  I'd rather have that sort of relationship that Leftside craves with Will Henry, obviously not in  :gay: way.  
Eh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 20:49:33 »

Eh?

You like to see young players coming through... in this case I'd agree and rather see Henry used than LM.  The relationship bit refers to the unique status of custodian as a position..... someone who spends half their time stood in front of the TE.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 21:17:37 »

You like to see young players coming through... in this case I'd agree and rather see Henry used than LM.  The relationship bit refers to the unique status of custodian as a position..... someone who spends half their time stood in front of the TE.
I never mentioned Henry.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 21:25:32 »

Nor do I crave any relationship with a player.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 08:40:04 »

I never mentioned Henry.

But you do like seeing young players come through?  And Henry is a young player.

If you prefer watching a player like Romanski come through rather than a Chris Robertson, for example.  Isn't that becasue you relate to them in a different way in terms of your support.... hence a relationship?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 09:32:09 »

There is an alternative reason but we will not go into that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:11:49 »

Seems that even PB is starting to notice that we're weaker than last season....

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16361545.swindon-town-are-short-of-defensive-quality-

What to do about with a little over a fortnight left ?.... as things stand a combo of Robertson and Romanski, isn't going to win you many Div 4 games.

A can only assume, that PB has been working on this, and has perhaps been rebuffed by players, agents, clubs or Power.
REDBUCK

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:22:54 »

All that practice on free kicks for Twine, shame that Conroy took the ball of him last night and smacked it high a wide. 😀
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:35:05 »

Seems that even PB is starting to notice that we're weaker than last season....

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16361545.swindon-town-are-short-of-defensive-quality-

What to do about with a little over a fortnight left ?.... as things stand a combo of Robertson and Romanski, isn't going to win you many Div 4 games.

A can only assume, that PB has been working on this, and has perhaps been rebuffed by players, agents, clubs or Power.

I'll bite :-)

He doesn't say weaker as a team, he suggests he needs more defensive quality.
We won't play an entire season with a combo of Robertson and Romanski - so you don't make much of a valid point, especially as he is happy for one of those to leave.
He is seeking players in that position, and said so several days back, which suggests he is indeed "working" on it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:46:57 »

I'll bite :-)

He doesn't say weaker as a team, he suggests he needs more defensive quality.
We won't play an entire season with a combo of Robertson and Romanski - so you don't make much of a valid point, especially as he is happy for one of those to leave.
He is seeking players in that position, and said so several days back, which suggests he is indeed "working" on it.

But given we've known since about March that we lack in this position, because of injuries, why hasn't something been done about it as a priority?  

To me it seems blindingly obvious, that there's a clear weakness in the squad.... OK it's complicated by 2 players contracted in that position being long term injured, and therefore not knowing when or if they might get back up to speed.

The worry is, of course, that Power has previous for ignoring the blindingly obvious.  Anyway as I said what's to be done about it?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 12:55:00 »

Umm, look for new players, like he said he is?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 13:00:36 »

Or, maybe, signing a proven L1 CB like, oh I don’t know, off the top of me head

Diagram, no Diaphragm, no that’s not it. Diagourara (close enough)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 13:03:36 »

Or, maybe, signing a proven L1 CB like, oh I don’t know, off the top of me head

Diagram, no Diaphragm, no that’s not it. Diagourara (close enough)

He's a DM?? Leeds paid over half a mill for him just over 2 years ago.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 13:06:58 »

Is he? Didn’t know that. I’ll shut the fuck up.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: